Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, imagine a fight against that.....Magikarp used Splash(Other trainer is like 'He used a Magikarp? I'll just toy with it') Other trainer's pokemon used *insert random move that does no harm*. Magikarp used Hydro Pump(Other trainer is like O.o) Other trainer's pokemon has fainted.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want shinys, do the Masuda Method.

Also, there's something far more annoying than the Magikarp you're talking about. Try a level 1 Aron with Sturdy, Leftovers, Endeavor, and Sandstorm. Biggest douche of a Pokemon I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    what's so annoying about that?(my mind is not remembering any of those things other than leftovers)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    what's so annoying about that?(my mind is not remembering any of those things other than leftovers)
    Sturdy prevents it from being OHKO and the leftovers bring it back to full health since it has so little. Endeavor brings your opponents health down to yours (which would usually be 1 HP after they attacked you) at which point the Sandstorm kills them.

A level 1 Pokemon can basically kill anything that isn't Rock, Ground, or Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought leftovers only did a fraction of a pokemon's max hp per turn. Unless that aron does have so little it negates that fraction.

It increases by 1/16 of max health, so each turn Aron would go from 1 health to maybe 2, therefore sturdy would take effect again and stop damage at 1 health.

Or as far as i understand. Could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just weird. My understanding of sturdy was it would negate the OHKO moves like Sheer Cold or something.(not that those hit when you want em to) But by how you put it skel, you could essentially give any pokemon that has sturdy some leftovers and it'd be impossible to kill them b/c they'd regain hp.

Generations III and IV

Sturdy negates one-hit knockout moves.
    Generation V

In addition to Sturdy's previous effect, Sturdy now works like a Focus Sash, causing the Pokémon to have 1 HP remaining if an attack's hit would have brought it from full health to 0 HP. Sturdy will activate as long as a Pokémon has full HP, and can therefore be used multiple times if brought back to full health. If a Pokémon with Sturdy is holding a Focus Sash, Sturdy will activate first. Final Gambit will not faint a Pokémon with Sturdy if it was at full HP.
    Multi-hit moves and Destiny Bond can break through Sturdy, like the Focus Sash. When a multi-hit move hits a Pokémon with Sturdy, Sturdy's effect activates only for the move's first hit, not the entire move.

Maybe leftovers does take it back to full? Ive no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.legendarypokemon.net/dp/pokedex/Aron/stats says it would have 12 hp. So my guess is that it would work on the first pokemon, but Idk how it would work past that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me clarify, depending on how you played it, whether Aron was your lead or not, you would use Leftovers or Shell Bell. Shell Bell restores 1/8 of the damage you do as health and when you have as little health as Aron does at level 1 with the massive amount of damage Endeavor will do, you'll always be at max HP. Leftovers is best for when he's brought in without a Substitute, Shell Bell is beast when he's your lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhhh, now that makes sense. Of course after reading what Skel posted though, if you fight a pokemon with any multi-hit moves, your aron is fucked lol(assuming it doesn't miss cause don't those have <100% accuracy?)

15+ Year Old Account
    ahhhh, now that makes sense. Of course after reading what Skel posted though, if you fight a pokemon with any multi-hit moves, your aron is fucked lol(assuming it doesn't miss cause don't those have <100% accuracy?)
    You'll rarely, if ever, run into an opponent with multi-hit moves other than Dual Chop on Garchomp and Haxorus. Multi-hit moves simply suck. The only hard part is setting up the Sandstorm, but that can be done by leading with Tyranitar which almost always forces a switch (that thing is a beast).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Yeah! Wtf? What's in it?
    In an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka in 2008, it was explained that the GS Ball was meant to contain a Celebi that was to be the star of a large arc of the Johto saga.
    However, it was decided that Celebi would be the star of the fourth movie, so the story arc was viewed as redundant and shelved.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You'll rarely, if ever, run into an opponent with multi-hit moves other than Dual Chop on Garchomp and Haxorus. Multi-hit moves simply suck. The only hard part is setting up the Sandstorm, but that can be done by leading with Tyranitar which almost always forces a switch (that thing is a beast).
    That is, until Skelington comes along and thoroughly pwns you with a bonemerang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    That is, until Skelington comes along and thoroughly pwns you with a bonemerang.
    -.- Noooo....my poor level 1 Pokemon? What ever shall I do? Oh, I know...

[IMG]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/036/1/2/excadrill_set_sign_by_littlemanaphy-d38v6ah.png[IMG]
    Steel takes double damage from ground. And ground has no resistance to ground. AND FURTHERMORE! Excadrill has the lowest defense of all steel types.

Marowak + Thick Bone = Attack over 568

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    : i just ran into a shiny koffing...and it just used selfdestruct on me....
    I would of thrown my ds at a wall.

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 02:37 PM ----------

oooh, you should resize that and make it a sig.

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 02:41 PM ----------

So you post a sleep orgy pic? .....I dunno bout you sometimes....
    I have 860 Pokeman pictures in my folder, it's harder to find a good sleeping picture than one would think. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I have 860 Pokeman pictures in my folder, it's harder to find a good sleeping picture than one would think. D:
    Hurrah for google!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Hurrah for google!
    I'm too picky about my art to google. D:

Deviantart!