Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    Well, Mewtwo even has two mega evos - legendary overkill
    Mewtwo is a special case, because of its lore and extreme popularity. Remember that the initial response of the fan base was extremely negative. I can't imagine how you would fit legendary evos for Zapdos, Articuno & Moltres for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurome View Post
    Would you be able to direct me to a decent Flash Cart good sir? Maybe a paragraph or two on how to use it? What rom do you use? I'm using DeSmuMe atm.
    I personally use R4DS, but they went totally bankrupt not long ago since Nintendo sued them, so not much to find there anymore I guess. Not really sure what other ones are good. Can't link to roms, I'm sure it's not allowed here, but just find an anti-piracy one and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurome View Post
    Here you go sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrPBWkZuqCA

Quick and easy.
    Thanks a bunch. Start menu won't come up though, what's wrong?

Just realised it's not, start, but X. Sorry
    Last edited by Well; 2013-09-24 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Mewtwo is a special case, because of its lore and extreme popularity. Remember that the initial response of the fan base was extremely negative. I can't imagine how you would fit legendary evos for Zapdos, Articuno & Moltres for instance.
    initial fan response towards nintendo products is always negative in america. nintendo even has a name for it when it comes to zelda. its called the zelda cycle, over time negative opinions become positive opinions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    initial fan response towards nintendo products is always negative in america. nintendo even has a name for it when it comes to zelda. its called the zelda cycle, over time negative opinions become positive opinions
    While that's true, you have to admit that it was really awkard for mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    While that's true, you have to admit that it was really awkard for mewtwo.
    i didnt see much more hate for mewtwo then i see for any other new pokemon. most people didnt like it because it was different.

ive seen alot of people being less negative over the megas since they were announced
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i didnt see much more hate for mewtwo then i see for any other new pokemon. most people didnt like it because it was different.

ive seen alot of people being less negative over the megas since they were announced
    I dunno, I'm still seeing a lot of dislike for the designs and choices made for Mewtwo. I mean, one looks way over designed and the other one...
    I mean did Mewtwo really need a buff?

I still see a lot of dislike for it. As for the other megas, that's fine with me. A lot of them seem kind of pointless and for others I'd prefer an actual evolution, but eh... The Mega evolution concept is interesting enough.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I still dislike the Mega Mewtwos, but I just don't voice my opinion on it anymore unless asked about it because what's the point? I'm sure that's why you don't hear as much hate as you do initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I dunno, I'm still seeing a lot of dislike for the designs and choices made for Mewtwo. I mean, one looks way over designed and the other one...
    I mean did Mewtwo really need a buff?

I still see a lot of dislike for it. As for the other megas, that's fine with me. A lot of them seem kind of pointless and for others I'd prefer an actual evolution, but eh... The Mega evolution concept is interesting enough.
    yes he did. mewtwo has to be the strongest pokemon in the game. thats his purpose :P

10+ Year Old Account
    just 3 more days till i can pick up the pokemon X 3DS XL
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

the new leaker has their own site http://pokemonxyreview.weebly.com/

it appears to be leaks from an advance review copy. whoever it is they better hope they dont get caught :P

- - - Updated - - -

stuff not on pokebeach

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.
    The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. I only saw its pokedex entry and it said that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.
    To get spewpa to evolve into vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.
    To get malimar, when inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.
    There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon.
    Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness.
    Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: quillom, bunnelby, scatterbug, fletchling, flabebe, pikachu.
    The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.
    Metronome and Moon Dance are now fairy type moves.
    The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.
    When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).
    Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.
    There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the shockball.
    The next is the ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.
    They are following the pattern of having two eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.
    Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.
    Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.
    You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".
    The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.
    Shiny helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    "They are following the pattern of having two eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking. "

Mega raichu @_@ in yo face pikachu @_@

i now have a reason to use my shiny raichu

Hmm, some evolutions actually using the 3DS gyro-detection. Cool .

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprised they didn't give Pikachu the mega. Could've been a good way to make their franchise mascot useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Surprised they didn't give Pikachu the mega. Could've been a good way to make their franchise mascot useful.
    so that even more people could ignore the glorious raichu? i dont think so :P

Mega Raichu, huh? It's not like they can do a more ballsy move than change Charizard, so it doesn't really surprise me much. I don't really see what they can do with its design though, I already don't like it very much as it is. Pumped to see Mega Tropius though.

Everything on the list sounds just fine, except for the daycare thing. Having 4 Pokémons in Day Care is cool, but the fact that their happiness can fall to the limit that they won't breed anymore is a pretty bullshitty move that does nothing but force us to keep reserve Dittos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope there is a new fire type that can learn surf. I don't want to have to carry around a non-fire type

this is the last bit of news the leakers gonna give out, guess he doesnt wanna spoil the whole game which im kind of glad.

" Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.
    The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.
    On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.
    Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).
    You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.
    The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!

That is all I will post. See you on October 12th!"
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-09-24 at 12:41 PM.

I'm gonna bet on a Steel-type Eeveelotuion being the last, since Fairy is weak to that. Might be revealed tommorow, since the Pokémon facebook site said that we'd get a new evolution tommorow.