Thread: Pokémon!

not to mention all the little kids who go out buy gen 7 and go "THIS POKEMON GAME SUCKS WHY THE HELL DOES IT ONLY HAVE 1 REGION @_@"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not to mention all the little kids who go out buy gen 7 and go "THIS POKEMON GAME SUCKS WHY THE HELL DOES IT ONLY HAVE 1 REGION @_@"
    Cant I dream?! Darn You!

5. The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
    I have a question about this. If I am correct the exp. share item also shares EVs to pokemon who received the bonus experience. Do we know if the exp. all will also work that way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Think:

Let's say they make a game after X & Y. It will have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos.

Gen 7 comes out.

BG.

- - - Updated - - -

IF they make something like that, it will only make sense to do it when the pokemon franchise will come to an end (because every region will actually be in), but then it is again illogical to do so because there's no reason for them to toss money away instead of making another generation again.
    Any new generations could be provided in an expansion pack or a download. If RPGs can get expansion packs, why not pokemon?

Now that I think about it, a pokemon game on the PC might be the solution, what with such ease of applying changes. It could be one enormous pokemon game, not an MMORPG though. It would have all the regions, updated with new regions a while after a new gen comes out and would have all the features of the handheld pokemon games. I know people won't like it being on PC, but a pokemon game like that would be timeless and being on a system that would become outdated a few years later would suck.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2013-09-27 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I have a question about this. If I am correct the exp. share item also shares EVs to pokemon who received the bonus experience. Do we know if the exp. all will also work that way?

- - - Updated - - -

Any new generations could be provided in an expansion pack or a download. If RPGs can get expansion packs, why not pokemon?

Now that I think about it, a pokemon game on the PC might be the solution, what with such ease of applying changes. It could be one enormous pokemon game, not an MMORPG though. It would have all the regions, updated with new regions a while after a new gen comes out and would have all the features of the handheld pokemon games. I know people won't like it being on PC, but a pokemon game like that would be timeless and being on a system that would become outdated a few years later would suck.
    because you have to remember, part of the reason pokemon games make so much money is because of the millions of people who will buy a system JUST so they can play pokemon. as soon as pokken fighters or whatever the pokemon game that will eventually come out on wiiu will be there will be tons of people that buy it JUST for that game thats how dedicated alot of pokemon fans are.

if you put pokemon on the pc suddenly the profits from that game go down by quite a bit

and about the exp all thing, no idea yet they didnt say. but since you can change evs through super training its a much smaller problem i imagine if evs end up wrong

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention nintendo is very particular when it comes to how they want their games to feel.

to nintendo and gamefreak one of the essential parts of pokemon is that you can well put them in your pocket (pocket monsters :P) little kids can put their 3ds in their pockets go to school and trade and battle on the playground, they can go to the park and bring their monster pals with them.

to nintendo that feeling of BEING the pokemon trainer, of being able to carry around your pokemon just like the trainer in the games is essential. which is why all of the console pokemon games were either battle simulators or more hardcore rpgs and never traditional pokemon games
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The new Pokémons look great in the old art style, I miss that style.

to nintendo and gamefreak one of the essential parts of pokemon is that you can well put them in your pocket (pocket monsters :P) little kids can put their 3ds in their pockets go to school and trade and battle on the playground, they can go to the park and bring their monster pals with them.

to nintendo that feeling of BEING the pokemon trainer, of being able to carry around your pokemon just like the trainer in the games is essential. which is why all of the console pokemon games were either battle simulators or more hardcore rpgs and never traditional pokemon games
    To be fair, they could keep that feel. Tie the handheld games to be able to function with the MMO. With today's technology that is a possibility. Even more so when they are coming out when online storage for your pokemon. They could tie in their new bank to hold a trainers pokemon, and then they can use them either in the MMO or send them back to their handheld to take them anywhere.

Second, most schools don't allow game systems to be brought to school. Heck, I doubt a parent would trust their kid enough to take them to school and not accidentally break it. Or just as likely, trust the other kids not to break it or steal it. Then you have the park idea. When a kid is at a park, the parent is way more likely to tell them to get off the video game and go actually play. No point to even take your kid to the park if they are going to just sit there on a video game. When I was a kid I usually played my pokemon games on long car rides. My family all lived a good half hour away so I played it often. Played it in the car on the way to and from school.

They honestly could make it work. We aren't talking about back in the day. The new online storage system really does make an MMO all the more possible. Tie the storage in with their MMO account and their game and then BAM, your pokemon can all be accessed anywhere there is a wifi signal as well as put back onto your 3ds game anytime to take them anywhere you'd like. They could think of it like storing their pokemon at the professors lab. Ash has to go to a pokemon center anytime he wants to get a pokemon out. You would have to go home or anywhere with a wifi signal to switch your pokemon (provided you actually choose to use the online storage).

Besides, when I was at home I played my consoles a lot more then my Gameboy Advance. Having it on a computer (yeah I know the whole "their system" thing) would have them continue playing. Have a small monthly fee like 5$ or maybe even 10$ and I'm sure they could make a lot of money. Especially since I know most of my guildies, my gf, and several friends would all jump on a pokemon MMO like there's no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-09-27 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The new Pokémons look great in the old art style, I miss that style.
    I agree. I would have MUCH less of an issue with the new ones if they looked like the old style. My dislike from gen 4+ stems from style change, mostly.

Also, @MMO talk: Wii U is ALL ABOUT connecting to the internet. It's the closest step Nintendo has taken so far to having a real online console. There's a "Miiverse" and it basically has giant forums for every game.

Also, it can connect to the 3DS.

I'm sure they could think of something from there. All I know is my Wii U is collecting dust downstairs and I'm glad I got it as a gift, not a personal buy. Can't wait til something worth playing hits it (like the new SSB.)
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-27 at 10:29 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I agree. I would have MUCH less of an issue with the new ones if they looked like the old style. My dislike from gen 4+ stems from style change, mostly.

Also, @MMO talk: Wii U is ALL ABOUT connecting to the internet. It's the closest step Nintendo has taken so far to having a real online console. There's a "Miiverse" and it basically has giant forums for every game.

I'm sure they could think of something from there. All I know is my Wii U is collecting dust downstairs and I'm glad I got it as a gift, not a personal buy. Can't wait til something worth playing hits it (like the new SSB.)
    the wonderful 101 and pikmin 3 are excellent games. you should pick them up if you havent already

Honestly, I could see a ton of ways a MMO could work better on a Computer then a console. I wouldn't drop several hundred on a console just to play a MMO. Most people already have a PC so itd be nothing to drop like 60bucks on the starter then a monthly fee. Mechanic wise, it would be easier on a Computer too.

All I know is my Wii U is collecting dust downstairs and I'm glad I got it as a gift, not a personal buy. Can't wait til something worth playing hits it (like the new SSB.)
    speaking of SSB. Next SSB reveal is oct 12th. New pokemon contestant?

Not sure if anyone noticed but it looks like the bike from that trailer was moving off the grid.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    speaking of SSB. Next SSB reveal is oct 12th. New pokemon contestant?
    12th October is a Saturday, so that means no SSB updates.

It'll either be in a general Nintendo Direct before X & Y or it'll be on the 11th. On another note, Sonic is likely to be revealed late October too, much in the same fashion that we've seen two character reveals this month with Toon Link this late in the month.

I can definitely see us getting a Nintendo Direct right before X & Y. It's common for companies to clear up the rest of the year by the start of the last quarter, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Nintendo Direct right before X & Y that also talks about Sonic Lost World, A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World and DKC: Tropical Freeze. Hopefully with that we'll get some kind of newcomer trailer for SSB, and if we're lucky we might even get to see the fully evolved versions of the Kalos starters too.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-09-27 at 01:53 PM.

i hope they add mewtwo in. maybe update his moveset so he can transform between his three forms, kind of like a triple shiek

10+ Year Old Account
    the wonderful 101 and pikmin 3 are excellent games. you should pick them up if you havent already
    I want Pikmin 3, but I never finished 2 so I'd like to do that first. But Pikmin 3 was actually one of the reasons I got a Wii U. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly, I could see a ton of ways a MMO could work better on a Computer then a console. I wouldn't drop several hundred on a console just to play a MMO. Most people already have a PC so itd be nothing to drop like 60bucks on the starter then a monthly fee. Mechanic wise, it would be easier on a Computer too.
    I agree, computers are superior for MMOs. However, if Nintendo refused to compromise... the Wii U does have the closest thing to PSN/Xbox Live that Nintendo has ever had (in my memory, at least)

i hope they add mewtwo in. maybe update his moveset so he can transform between his three forms, kind of like a triple shiek
    I was JUST saying this the other day. We were talking about older SSBs and it was mentioned that Mewtwo was an older character that should come back, and everyone basically came to the conclusion that he probably totally will come back and will be an advertisement for Mega Evolutions and XY like how Ike/Roy were adverts for the new Fire Emblems.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

sakurai did say they were thinking about it at e3 so theres hope.

although with lucario getting a mega i guess theres just as much chance they will keep him instead again

10+ Year Old Account
    Piss off Lucario

>: (

You know, Zoroark never got his "I'M A MOVIE MASCOT LOOK AT ME" time in SSB. Maybe it'll be him.

Mewtwo is all but guaranteed. He's by far the most wanted character for the game, even surpassing Mega Man, King K. Rool and Ridley. With Sakurai saying "He's thinking about it" it's all but a confirmation, considering the list of prioritized characters is long done.

Piss off Lucario

>: (

You know, Zoroark never got his "I'M A MOVIE MASCOT LOOK AT ME" time in SSB. Maybe it'll be him.
    Zoroark's time has passed, 5th Gen landed at as bad a moment concerning Smash Bros as 3rd Gen did when Brawl was current. Zoroark, Genesect and all other 5th Gen possibilities will be long gone since by the time SSB4 releases 6th Gen won't even be all too new anymore. They're likely keeping all of the Brawl Pokémons and add Mewtwo to it, in that way they represent the series mascot with Pikachu, 6th Gen and Origins with Pokémon Trainer, Fairy-type with Jigglypuff, and Mega Evo with Lucario and Mewtwo. If anyone of these are getting the boot, it'll be Lucario, but even he is pretty likely to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my way, it'd be no Lucario or Zoroark. Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Houndoom, Mightyena, Arcanine. Yeeeaaah. /thumbsup

I do wonder how they're going to handle mega evos in the new SSB, though. They're bringing back Final Smashes, right? So are all the Pokemon just going to mega evolve? If Pokemon Trainer comes back, is Tri-Attack going to just become "Mega Evolve current choice"?

Obv that wouldn't work for, say, Pikachu and Jiggybutt, but, you know they aren't going to let something like Mega-Evolutions just be swept under the rug, no matter how much I don't like them. SO I wonder if limiting it to possibly mewtwo/Lucario will be the way they go, when they have all those other options.

If I had my way, it'd be no Lucario or Zoroark. Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Houndoom, Mightyena, Arcanine. Yeeeaaah. /thumbsup

I do wonder how they're going to handle mega evos in the new SSB, though. They're bringing back Final Smashes, right? So are all the Pokemon just going to mega evolve? If Pokemon Trainer comes back, is Tri-Attack going to just become "Mega Evolve current choice"?

Obv that wouldn't work for, say, Pikachu and Jiggybutt, but, you know they aren't going to let something like Mega-Evolutions just be swept under the rug, no matter how much I don't like them. SO I wonder if limiting it to possibly mewtwo/Lucario will be the way they go, when they have all those other options.
    I don't think Pokémon Trainer will be affected by Mega Evolutions since Ivysaur and Squirtle aren't fully evolved. Having 4 special episodes based around him and having the Kanto starters obtainable in X & Y is enough for him anyways.

I can imagine Lucario might get the same Final Smash, but shortly Mega Evolve to use it or something, nothing too big.

It's with Mewtwo I see the big possibility. He's basically the mascot of the whole mechanic, and has two Megas. I have no idea how they'd integrate it, but he's no doubt gonna be affected by it, whether it's just with his Final Smash or he'll have actual form changes.

I'd fucking love Garchomp and Nidoking in the game, but alas, they have no reason to be there.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-09-27 at 05:19 PM.

Personally, I think they should just keep the final smashes as they were, and have Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario mega evolve as part of their move set. Like Mewtwo's regular form is balanced, his Y form is squished and better with specials, his X form is better with melee and his final smash is the same for all 3 forms. And Charizard, he becomes faster and doesn't hit quite as hard as he did, and the final is still tri attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly interesting to think about.

Maybe a weird take on Samus's Zero Suit. You can activate it and you become X, and the next time you are MegaMewtwo Y?

With the Psychic(I think that's Y) final smash being a ranged and the Fighting final smash being melee. Would certainly add some more thought to it other than BOOOOSH GIANT ENERGY BEEAAAAMMM

Edit: I feel like having them Mega Evolve during normal fighting would be underwhelming, especially if it's an at-will form swap.