Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Super Kame Guru, my old friend. One Beldum pretty please.
    Can eggs be traded? Because my thumb is already wrecked from hatching a bunch of dragons today.

Also can't do it tonight, or tomorrow, or Wednesday.

Deleted
    Right, going with this set for my MegAggron.

Aggron @ Aggronite
    Ability:Filter
    EVs: 252 SpDef / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant / Careful
    - Iron Head/Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunder Wave

Should i start with a Power Weight (HP IV inherit item) as the 1st perfect IV and keep breeding untill i have 31 IV's in Hp, Attack, Defence and Special defence + a passable amount of Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I pretty much figured out how I want to build my team, all expect for dragalge.

No idea how to build him.
    It looks like the only good thing about him is high Special Defense.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

I'm wondering if anyone has any Honedge's they're willing to trade?
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    ?

Just go to route 6 and catch one, they are common.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Are either of the Ghost/Grass (the tree or the pumpkin) worth it? I need a ghost and grass somewhere.

Team right now is xerneas, delphox, raichu, talonflame, steelix and lucario. I bring my blastoise back in for xerneas sometimes because I still need to work on committing the fairy strengths/weaknesses to memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Are either of the Ghost/Grass (the tree or the pumpkin) worth it? I need a ghost and grass somewhere.

Team right now is xerneas, delphox, raichu, talonflame, steelix and lucario. I bring my blastoise back in for xerneas sometimes because I still need to work on committing the fairy strengths/weaknesses to memory.
    Real men don't use legendaries. Unless you are playing Ubers.... but fuck Ubers

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I can trade you mine in about 2hrs if you havent gotten one by then. You wouldnt happen to have a haunter you could give me in return would yea?

I think I should invest in Hawlucha as my sixth. His base stats aren't terrible and his typing is decent enough. He also learns tons of TMs.
    So I have a female Hawlucha with Mold Breaker. Probably going to breed for Adamant.

Before I start with that, would anyone like a Modest Mareep? I'll be breeding them on request.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Also, i really like abomsnow and his mega evo, so i was wondering if someone could advise me on a move set for him? im lacking grass and ice on my team right now, so he is a perfect choice. Thanks in advance

Gourgeist has decent stats but you want the extra large one which is aparently rare and if you look at Trevenant it has more attack and speed then gourgeist but slightly less HP and def. But Trevenant has so much better abilities.

Gourgeist has a better movepool but overall its meh and Trev gets wood hammer and you can prob breed shadow sneak.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/709.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Real men don't use legendaries. Unless you are playing Ubers.... but fuck Ubers
    I'm not done the 8th gym yet. Gimme a break.

I need to grab a dragon at some point. Fire/Dragon would be nice to at least make Fairy only normal against it. Steel/dragon would work too.

Oh wait, they don't exist because apparently non-legendary dragons can only pair ground or dark or Flying.

Oh but Megacharizard X goes Fire/dragon at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I think I should invest in Hawlucha as my sixth. His base stats aren't terrible and his typing is decent enough. He also learns tons of TMs.
    So I have a female Hawlucha with Mold Breaker. Probably going to breed for Adamant.

Before I start with that, would anyone like a Modest Mareep? I'll be breeding them on request.
    Its stats suck because of flying press :l. If it had better it would be OP

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not done the 8th gym yet. Gimme a break.

I need to grab a dragon at some point. Fire/Dragon would be nice to at least make Fairy only normal against it. Steel/dragon would work too.

Oh wait, they don't exist because apparently non-legendary dragons can only pair ground or dark or Flying.

Oh but Megacharizard X goes Fire/dragon at least.
    Dragalge gets x1 against fairy. The only steal dragon is dialga

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Also, i really like abomsnow and his mega evo, so i was wondering if someone could advise me on a move set for him? im lacking grass and ice on my team right now, so he is a perfect choice. Thanks in advance
    Hmmm, Obamasnow huh? His typing is awful, but he's a decent Pokemon if you're running a hail team. I'd suggest making the best use out of his bulky defenses and run:
    - Protect (If you don't want to compete, feel free to switch this out with something more useful)
    - Leech Seed
    - Grass Knot / Wood Hammer
    - Blizzard

Allocate your EVs to SpD primarily and I guess either SpA or HP after that, depending on how you want to use him.

PM if you add me!

Guess what zorua I'm restarting again for realz this time, farming another shiny froakie :l

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    I can trade you mine in about 2hrs if you havent gotten one by then. You wouldnt happen to have a haunter you could give me in return would yea?
    I do have a haunter, so we're good. My FC is 4570-7512-3595
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

i think they should really make a pokemon mmo. i mean, i just always get so down when i finish pokemon games. because i'm not good at competitive play, i don't have the patience for ev training and crap, and the post game story thing didn't last long enough for me. so there's really nothing for me to do now, except try to max out the pokedex.

with a pokemon mmo, those of us who aren't into the competitive stuff would have a lot more to do. those of us who are into all the competitive stuff would have a load of people to fight and things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Guess what zorua I'm restarting again for realz this time, farming another shiny froakie :l
    Seriously, man? Wow, more power to you and best of luck. :3

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think they should really make a pokemon mmo. i mean, i just always get so down when i finish pokemon games. because i'm not good at competitive play, i don't have the patience for ev training and crap, and the post game story thing didn't last long enough for me. so there's really nothing for me to do now, except try to max out the pokedex.

with a pokemon mmo, those of us who aren't into the competitive stuff would have a lot more to do. those of us who are into all the competitive stuff would have a load of people to fight and things to do.
    To be quite honest you should be satisfied with your purchase. I can't speak for you, but my playthrough without any Post-League stuff was 44 hours. That's less than a dollar per hour of entertainment. That's a damn good investment if you ask me. And I can't see anyone beating the game in under 20 hours unless they were speed running it. Which 20 hours is still plenty of content.

I just think an MMO takes too much time and resources to create. I don't think the Pokemon universe is suited for an MMO or at least any type of MMO that has been created yet.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Funnily enough, as seriously as I take training my Pokemon and setting up teams, I never actually end up competing because I have this opinion of myself that I'm not very good (mostly stemming from the fact no one ever let me win as a child and my five year older brother told me I sucked constantly when he was battling me with a level 100 mewtwo when R/B/Y was out. My team consisted of a level 40 Venusaur and that's it. I didn't bother with my other pokemon cause I didn't know anything. I was -four- when Pokemon came out in the U.S.).

Now that I have no trainers to battle and my entire Kalos dex is complete, I have nothing else to really do until Pokebank comes out and I can transfer my Pokemon to this gen. Unlike in BW2, I don't have the treehollow to level up the lower level guys on my team so I can challenge the Maison with them. And there's no feasible way for me to level my Pokemon to 100 with wild battles only going up to 60 (unless extremely slowly). Simple enough, I miss having rebattles with trainers and I miss having the Treehollow to help me earn more money. I have sunk around 100+ hours into the game already and it's hardly been out officially for more than a week, so that's saying something for me.

A Pokemon MMO would kinda suck, to be honest, unless it was themed more along the lines of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon universe instead of our standard main game universe.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-22 at 01:28 AM.

PM if you add me!