Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, Meowstic's Hp isn't that high to begin with and Wish scales with User's HP. So it's not gonna heal all that much, however Reflect/Light Screen will definitely soften any incoming blows, so you might as well try it. That is the kind of thing that usually should be tested to see if it fits your playstyle or is just useful on paper.
    Recover/wish/heal pulse is always 50% of the targets HP.

Meowstics HP is 74 I think. But with Prankster I don't need speed (its speed is already at 100 so its good anyway) and light screen /reflect will be so I don't have to EV train its defenses.

Only thing left is 252 hp/sp. attack
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Recover/wish/heal pulse is always 50% of the targets HP.
    I'm quoting from Bulbapedia. "XY One turn after this move is used, the target's HP is restored by half the user's max HP." That's supposedly the in-game description.
    Wish

I'm quoting from Bulbapedia. "XY One turn after this move is used, the target's HP is restored by half the user's max HP." That's supposedly the in-game description.
    Wish
    Thats what I said

:x

in different words

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure wish/recover counts the HP you gain from IVs and EVs

Deleted
    Thats what I said

:x

in different words

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure wish/recover counts the HP you gain from IVs and EVs
    But it's User's Hp not Target's! :X

Yeah, should count it.

But it's User's Hp not Target's! :X

Yeah, should count it.
    The turn Wish is used, the user will make a wish. At the end of the next turn, the Pokémon in the user's current position will be healed by half its own maximum HP.
    /10character

Deleted
    /10character
    So it's user's HP while You said in your first post it's Target's HP.

The description you quoted is from 3rd generation. My description is from XY. Inconsistency?

One turn after this move is used, the target's HP is restored by half the user's max HP.

Edit: Sorry, for lots of edits.
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2013-11-05 at 04:44 PM.

Unless I am mistaken, Meowstic's Hp isn't that high to begin with and Wish scales with User's HP. So it's not gonna heal all that much, however Reflect/Light Screen will definitely soften any incoming blows, so you might as well try it. That is the kind of thing that usually should be tested to see if it fits your playstyle or is just useful on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually wasn't me. I think you are mistaking me for someone else. :X I'm the Aron kind of guy.
    Ugh, the guy might have had a darkrai for his avatar too back then xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Ugh, the guy might have had a darkrai for his avatar too back then xD
    But...but... I'm the Darkrai guy. Maybe you have seen me posting while you were talking with that person you fought.

Wish restores hp based on the health of the user, not the target. If a Blissey with max health IVs and EVs uses it, the pokemon coming in will be healed for 714/2 health, no matter which one it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Wish restores hp based on the health of the user, not the target. If a Blissey with max health IVs and EVs uses it, the pokemon coming in will be healed for 714/2 health, no matter which one it is.
    That's what I am trying to say! Thanks.

So it's user's HP while You said in your first post it's Target's HP.

The description you quoted is from 3rd generation. My description is from XY. Inconsistency?

One turn after this move is used, the target's HP is restored by half the user's max HP.

Edit: Sorry, for lots of edits.
    Oh I missed the Gen 5 change. It's still healing though the difference is recover is on demand wish has to wait a turn.

Deleted
    Oh I missed the Gen 5 change. It's still healing though the difference is recover is on demand wish has to wait a turn.
    And Recover is selfish move, while Wish can be used on someone else. In case you are using it on someone with lower HP stat it's pretty beneficial.

got 2 rotom from lost hotel today

it was a good day
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    got 2 rotom from lost hotel today

it was a good day
    You can also breed them can't you?

:l

And Recover is selfish move, while Wish can be used on someone else. In case you are using it on someone with lower HP stat it's pretty beneficial.
    Yea wish might be better. I was thinking with reflect/ light screen covering its 80 def/sp. def I could stack HP which would bring it to 137 base HP it would be a better recovery if I can live to next turn. But no idea if meowstic will be able to take damage to live an extra turn even with light screen and reflect up.

Does anyone have Breloom in their safari? I have Heracross in mine.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Does anyone have Breloom in their safari? I have Heracross in mine.
    I don't have a Heracross Safari, but I do have a Breloom if you want it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Gonna end my X game soon. Anyone has a list of stuff I shouldn't forget to transfer to my Y before restarting X? So far I'm thinking:
    - Xerneas
    - Zygarde
    - Mewtwo
    - Uno/Dos/Tres
    - evolution stones (fire stone, etc)
    - mega evolution items
    - leftovers
    - pp up

Anything I'm forgetting?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Gonna end my X game soon. Anyone has a list of stuff I shouldn't forget to transfer to my Y before restarting X? So far I'm thinking:
    - Xerneas
    - Zygarde
    - Mewtwo
    - Uno/Dos/Tres
    - evolution stones (fire stone, etc)
    - mega evolution items
    - leftovers
    - pp up

Anything I'm forgetting?
    if you have not used your master ball you can have a pokemon carry it I believe

Deleted
    <3 Knew I was forgetting something (and something rather obvious in hindsight). ^^
    TM's like earthquake used to be big to trade over too but that ship has sailed. If anyone comes up with anything else, please let me know.

Deleted
    Hmm.. The mining dude in the fossil lab says that when you have a Genesect you need to talk to him. Wonder what you will get from him or will get from the trade.