Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Assuming everyone in that list is actually able to get contacted, and nobody scams you by keeping your pokemon, you're looking at finding a "match" 1 in 6.4 times for any random egg.
    I suppose this is the biggest issue i see happening with this.

- - - Updated - - -

So up til now ive just been masuda'ing pokemon i liked.

I probably shouldve looked at composing a team first...

aaand while doing random hordes i found this:

Clearly all my luck when it came to trying to get that Litwick went towards this thing -.-
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-11-20 at 05:21 AM.

[QUOTE=-Ethos-;23735931]

aaand while doing random hordes i found this:/QUOTE]how do you tell that they are shiny when they are part of a horde? I have been seeing a ton of wingull hordes but its hard to see their individual colors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    how do you tell that they are shiny when they are part of a horde? I have been seeing a ton of wingull hordes but its hard to see their individual colors.
    The shiny one grabs the camera and sparkles when they first appear. Plus it was all gold so it looked quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The shiny one grabs the camera and sparkles when they first appear. Plus it was all gold so it looked quite different.
    Glad to know itll be instantly obvious.

so far got myself shiny honedge with my ot
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account

-looks up shiny Weepinbell and Victreebel-

Ethos, keep that thing a Bellsprout. FOREVER.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

- - - Updated - - -

So up til now ive just been masuda'ing pokemon i liked.

I probably shouldve looked at composing a team first...

Clearly all my luck when it came to trying to get that Litwick went towards this thing -.-
    Happen to have any Litwick/Beldum for trade with 4+ iv's? Aint got much I can offer in return, but just checking the waters if you got some you don't need :P

Also looking for a rough skin gible/gabite/garchomp, iv's dont matter. I got Pokémon X, so can give X exclusives for it, or just some other stuff :P Got a few 4iv gastlys and kangaskhans,
    My FC for 3DS: 4699-6016-0702
    Playing Pokémon X, give me a PM with your FC if you add me

So, I finally just gave up on getting a 4iv foreign ditto. I changed up my game plan to get a Male foreign pokemon with 5ivs in each egg group that I can. So far, its going well. Was able to get a male 5iv absol so I can finally continue trying to breed a shiny competitive absol.

Deleted
    I personally wouldn't be too fussed if I got "scammed" a couple times before someone sends back. In the end that egg wouldn't have been a shiny for you anyway, so meh? Just a risk you'll need to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierza View Post
    Happen to have any Litwick/Beldum for trade with 4+ iv's? Aint got much I can offer in return, but just checking the waters if you got some you don't need :P
    I'm MM breeding for a shiny jolly beldum atm. You can have my 5IV beldum when I finally get lucky. It's jolly and just missing special attack so "perfect" even (unless you'd want adamant or something). Let's hope it doesn't take too long anymore for both of us, ugh.
    So, I finally just gave up on getting a 4iv foreign ditto. I changed up my game plan to get a Male foreign pokemon with 5ivs in each egg group that I can. So far, its going well. Was able to get a male 5iv absol so I can finally continue trying to breed a shiny competitive absol.
    I just got a bunch of foreign ditto's from GTS and got a 3IV one rather quickly. Assuming you only take lvl 30 ones, they're guaranteed 2 IV's and having 3 IV's is roughly 1/8 chance already so not too bad. May want to give it a try. Helps if you got a friend safari with ditto's since they commonly ask for an english ditto back lvl 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I just got a bunch of foreign ditto's from GTS and got a 3IV one rather quickly. Assuming you only take lvl 30 ones, they're guaranteed 2 IV's and having 3 IV's is roughly 1/8 chance already so not too bad. May want to give it a try. Helps if you got a friend safari with ditto's since they commonly ask for an english ditto back lvl 30.
    i did on the gts for two or three days. last night for 3hours. got not one 3iv ditto from the lot. I can actually tell just from a glance what ivs are perfect on a level 30ditto now. You just got really lucky. But like I said, my plans working out very well. Nabbed a magikarp so thats dargon and water 2 egg groups handled.

Got a shiny absol. Sadly not the gender I wanted and its missing attack. How far off its attack is, i dont know.

Got a perfect 6iv absol. Turns out I hatched that long before I hatched the shiny. I got a perfect pokemon before a shiny. Is that good or bad luck?
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-11-20 at 12:58 PM.

Got a perfect 6iv absol. Turns out I hatched that long before I hatched the shiny. I got a perfect pokemon before a shiny. Is that good or bad luck?
    With gen VI breeding mechanics, getting 5/6 snd 6/6 pokemons has gotten much easier than before. So if you have been doing the breeding right, I'd say getting 6/6 is much more likely than getting a shiny, which is still pure RNG luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    With gen VI breeding mechanics, getting 5/6 snd 6/6 pokemons has gotten much easier than before. So if you have been doing the breeding right, I'd say getting 6/6 is much more likely than getting a shiny, which is still pure RNG luck.
    can confirm 6/6 IVs is waaaaay easier than a shiny. I've gotten two perfect mons so far and yet I have bred several hundred through masuda method and still haven't seen a single shiny

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone got a Loudred in their friend safari? kinda want to experiment with a scrappy boomburst exploud! =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    -looks up shiny Weepinbell and Victreebel-

Ethos, keep that thing a Bellsprout. FOREVER.
    The anime taught me that i can keep it a bellsprout and just train it really well and it'll be awesome. Yeah.

So not sure if this has been put up here, but pokemon.com has put up the first 3 episodes of the Pokemon: Origins special, all dubbed, with the fourth set to go up this Friday.

Here's the link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episode...6d600a5b97036b

Skarmory of tyranitar, hmmmmm

I had a skarmory take three thunders from my galvantula, so I'm thinking skarmory due to tyranitar's 4x fighting weakness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Skarmory of tyranitar, hmmmmm

I had a skarmory take three thunders from my galvantula, so I'm thinking skarmory due to tyranitar's 4x fighting weakness
    I am somewhat skeptical of that statement. Skarmory's Sp. Def is pretty shitty. Unless it was roosting off the Thunder damage, I can't see it taking 3 thunders to the face. Although, Skarmory is a great physical wall.

The anime taught me that i can keep it a bellsprout and just train it really well and it'll be awesome. Yeah.

omg I loved that episode, I wanted a bellsprout from that moment on.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else have their list of deadly Pokemon? Aside from saying all of them.

Magcargo is a great example of what happens when you start pulling big numbers out of your ass just because they sound cool...