Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It's obvious that you didn't understand what I wrote. I never mentioned quality. Legality is not how much legit a pokemon is. Legitness ONLY refers to its origins: hacked or not. Legality refers to its traits. If a charizard has natural cure, it's illegal. If it has blaze, it's legal, even if it's not legit. Grasp it already!
    I know what you mean. Still I am saying the world "legal" is probably misused. If traits is what legality is to you/community then call the mon "plausible".
    You still don't understand my banknote example?

If you want a serious physical wall, get Ferrothorn and laugh at everyone's face.
    Not sure a physical wall weak to fighting is the best idea though. Especially with powerful physical attackers like Conkeldurr and Terrakion.

I love using this Ferro though:

Wreckingball (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Curse
    - Gyro Ball

I've got a good example for you, Tahuun:

If you remember some days ago, Dewote posted a screenshot of a totodile with Sheer Force as its ability. This totodile is legal. It is technically able to get that ability. It is not legit, however, as we know that totodiles with Sheer Force were never released, and thus it's surely been created by an external device or programme, and is obviously pokegened (hacked).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insertcreativenamehere View Post
    Tempted to ask for it....must resist..
    Show what it looks like.
    I'm content with my above average(after Super Training) Noivern "Speak Up".
    Noibat or Noivern?

< a LOT cuter in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    I know what you mean. Still I am saying the world "legal" is probably misused. If traits is what legality is to you/community then call the mon "plausible".
    You still don't understand my banknote example?
    I do understand very well what you are talking about. I am just telling you how the words are currently used, nothing more. If you make a trade with me for example and I tell you that I have a legal totodile with sheer force, I will be expecting you to understand by yourself that it is not legit. That's the whole point

Deleted
    I've got a good example for you, Tahuun:

If you remember some days ago, Dewote posted a screenshot of a totodile with Sheer Force as its ability. This totodile is legal. It is technically able to get that ability. It is not legit, however, as we know that totodiles with Sheer Force were never released, and thus it's surely been created by an external device or programme, and is obviously pokegened (hacked).
    I repeat, I understand what you said. Yet I have to send you back to banknote example. The world 'legal' is misused.
    How can you call Pokemon that is unobtainable legal. There should be different term to describe trait-matching yet genned/hacked mons.

Deleted
    Enjoy your Avalugg, I'll get some food.

Deleted
    I do understand very well what you are talking about. I am just telling you how the words are currently used, nothing more. If you make a trade with me for example and I tell you that I have a legal totodile with sheer force, I will be expecting you to understand by yourself that it is not legit. That's the whole point
    And I just described how I would expect the mons to be called. I am not used to the web-community language. I was just using reason and terms that I am used to from playing with friends.
    Peace

I repeat, I understand what you said. Yet I have to send you back to banknote example. The world 'legal' is misused.
    How can you call Pokemon that is unobtainable legal. There should be different term to describe trait-matching yet genned/hacked mons.
    Here it goes then:

Legality was introduced to mainly determine if some pokemon sets were illegal in battling or not. Just off the top of my head comes a certain Gliscor set. It was using a certain berry which the Gliscor could not have if it had learned some certain moves. Due to that, people were using the moves WITH the berry back in the day. That set was illegal, because even if the Gliscor knew moves it could normally learn via many means, it could not normally have the specific berry due to generation restrictions on items.

That's how the term and meaning came to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Enjoy your Avalugg, I'll get some food.
    I feel bad, mate. I can give you a cloned shiny Kyurem, but if you still do not want it... On the other hand, feel free to change your mind anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

And I just described how I would expect the mons to be called. I am not used to the web-community language. I was just using reason and terms that I am used to from playing with friends.
    Peace
    We never had a war... People take discussions as aggression too easily these days.

Deleted
    Here it goes then:

Legality was introduced to mainly determine if some pokemon sets were illegal in battling or not. Just off the top of my head comes a certain Gliscor set. It was using a certain berry which the Gliscor could not have if it had learned some certain moves. Due to that, people were using the moves WITH the berry back in the day. That set was illegal, because even if the Gliscor knew moves it could normally learn via many means, it could not normally have the specific berry due to generation restrictions on items.

That's how the term and meaning came to be.
    Refer to my last post.

- - - Updated - - -

We never had a war... People take discussions as aggression too easily these days.
    People tend to say something reassuring at the end of discussion.

Refer to my last post.

- - - Updated - - -

People tend to say something reassuring at the end of discussion.
    True :P

I have a legal shiny Feraligatr on my Black with Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Waterfall and Crunch. Want it?

- - - Updated - - -

The ability is torrent, you <3

Deleted
    True :P

I have a legal shiny Feraligatr on my Black with Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Waterfall and Crunch. Want it?
    Shiny Feraligatr is meh. Makes me think of toothpaste. But I appreciate the offer.
    Aaaand now you have reminded me about my old shiny red duskull that I owned on my ruby. Before it got some kind of error and save-file was lost. :/

Why, oh why isn't shiny Dusknoir red? :/

Shiny Feraligatr is meh. Makes me think of toothpaste. But I appreciate the offer.
    Aaaand now you have reminded me about my old shiny red duskull that I owned on my ruby. Before it got some kind of error and save-file was lost. :/
    Got a dusclops if you want <3

Deleted
    I want to get my shinies myself. :3
    Unless it's something like shiny-Charizard. The morality rules end there.

I want to get my shinies myself. :3
    Unless it's something like shiny-Charizard. The morality rules end there.
    You're in luck. I got 4 of those (don't ask why, too much shame in it). Which one you want? Physical or Special version?

what shinys do you have?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I need to breed me a shiny Venusaur now that I think of it.

Deleted
    You're in luck. I got 4 of those (don't ask why, too much shame in it). Which one you want? Physical or Special version?
    Hahaha. Let me try get it myself first. If not lucky fast enough I will know who to ask. :P
    Save special if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    what shinys do you have?
    I got 7 boxes full of ev trained flawless shinies. I've reserved a shiny butterfree for you, but you, as you said, don't want it >< It's very sad now. (I've bred it in Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance).

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha. Let me try get it myself first. If not lucky fast enough I will know who to ask. :P
    Save special if possible.
    Sure thing. Do you mind a potential clone? I can guarantee that they are legal, but since clones are not typically considered legit, I can't guarantee about what others may have done

You guys and all your shinies, I have maybe 5 across all my games XD