Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Except I can't think of a 4 stage Pokemon evolution. If they go the wrong direction and make a baby of my favorite Pokemon, I'd be upset.

My only saving grace is that a lot of these "legit" poster pictures are fake.
    I guess, idk personally i just wish they would leave the original 151 alone. I really hate Magmar's and Electabuzz evolutions for example, they look dumb and made the 2 original ones obsolete. And now looks like we're getting a Mew or Mewtwo evolution. Sigh.

Guess its better than a chandelier and a trashbag ~~.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I guess, idk personally i just wish they would leave the original 151 alone. I really hate Magmar's and Electabuzz evolutions for example, they look dumb and made the 2 original ones obsolete.
    The original ones were obsolete in the first place. Nobody used them.

Looks are purely subjective, Magmortar sure looks dumb, but nowhere near as dumb as Magmar. Electivire looks amazing.

Scizor and Steelix are amazing (and again, nobody cared about Onix in the first place), Magneton is the laiest evolution ever together with Dugtrio, at least Magnezone has its own design.

But I give you Tangrowth and Rhyperior, nobody needs those.

They could had just buffed Magmar and Electabuzz instead of giving them shitty looking evos. I'm not saying all evolutions from the 151 are bad, like you said Scizor and Steelix are amazing, but shrug. Tangrowth is fine since nobody ever cared about Tangela anyway lol, i hate Rhyperior too... Rhydon was boss.

Also, in Scyther's case, evolving him is not mandatory since the only difference between him and Scizor is their stat distribution, not the amount of stats they have. I wish more optional evolutions (trade-based ones for example) were like that.

On other hands, i always wanted to build a pokemon based around Hypnosis, Nightmare and Dream Eater. Any suggestion for it? Pokemon-wise. I had a Noctowl in Pearl doing it but took me until the end of the game to realise Noctowl is trash as a SP:A user :/ (or overall , wich is a shame, wish he was Psychic/Flying...).
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-27 at 07:36 AM.

They could had just buffed Magmar and Electabuzz instead of giving them shitty looking evos. I'm not saying all evolutions from the 151 are bad, like you said Scizor and Steelix are amazing, but shrug. Tangrowth is fine since nobody ever cared about Tangela anyway lol, i hate Rhyperior too... Rhydon was boss.

Also, in Scyther's case, evolving him is not mandatory since the only difference between him and Scizor is their stat distribution, not the amount of stats they have. I wish more optional evolutions (trade-based ones for example) were like that.

On other hands, i always wanted to build a pokemon based around Hypnosis, Nightmare and Dream Eater. Any suggestion for it? Pokemon-wise. I had a Noctowl in Pearl doing it but took me until the end of the game to realise Noctowl is trash as a SP:A user :/ (or overall , wich is a shame, wish he was Psychic/Flying...).
    Butterfree can do it I believe

On a more serious note: Darkrai. Hypno. Alakazam. But hypnosis is exceptionally unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Butterfree can do it I believe

On a more serious note: Darkrai. Hypno. Alakazam. But hypnosis is exceptionally unreliable.
    Just playing Leafgreen atm so Darkrai isn't really an option, and would be stuck with Kadabra (nobody to trade with). If Hypnosis isn't good do you have any other suggestions for that kind of Pokemon? Idk, i'm just bored so i could try stuff myself, dicking around until X/Y comes out and i'm broke atm so not really feeling like buying BW(2).

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess its better than a chandelier and a trashbag ~~.
    Chandelure is flawless. Lets not list how badly designed each gen has been, because gen 5 is nowhere near the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Chandelure is flawless. Lets not list how badly designed each gen has been, because gen 5 is nowhere near the worst.
    Yeah it was gen4 . Only saving grace of that gen are the silver/gold remake games. :/

Just playing Leafgreen atm so Darkrai isn't really an option, and would be stuck with Kadabra (nobody to trade with). If Hypnosis isn't good do you have any other suggestions for that kind of Pokemon? Idk, i'm just bored so i could try stuff myself, dicking around until X/Y comes out and i'm broke atm so not really feeling like buying BW(2).
    In leafgreen you are limited to:

Kadabra
    Haunter
    Hypno
    Butterfree

That's all I think.

Deleted
    Yeah it was gen4 . Only saving grace of that gen are the silver/gold remake games. :/
    And the tons of amazing Pokemon it introduced.

But yeah, Trashbags and Chandeliers are the worst ever, I wish our Pokemon would be eggs and balls and "moles" that look like a brown penis sticking out of the ground again.

yeah gen 4 is by far the worst, theres a few really good ones but overall it was very mediocre.

couple good ones: lucario, luxray, munchlax, weavile,

couple bad ones: mime jr, budew, yanmega, garchomp
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    In leafgreen you are limited to:

Kadabra
    Haunter
    Hypno
    Butterfree

That's all I think.
    Exeggutor would work too. In Leafgreen it can learn Dream eater from a move tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah gen 4 is by far the worst, theres a few really good ones but overall it was very mediocre.

couple good ones: lucario, luxray, munchlax, weavile,

couple bad ones: mime jr, budew, yanmega, garchomp
    Garchomp bad? In the sense that it was so OP?

From my point of view, its design is very well done and it's obvious to me that it's inspired. That qualifies it as a good pokemon (like Lucario).

I really love all gens to be honest. There wasn't a single one that I didn't like.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-07-27 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    And the tons of amazing Pokemon it introduced.

But yeah, Trashbags and Chandeliers are the worst ever, I wish our Pokemon would be eggs and balls and "moles" that look like a brown penis sticking out of the ground again.
    Meh, idk guess i'm just not a fan of overly flashy stuff, and in Diglett's case, sometime you see what you want to see ^_-

Prolly gonna try that build on an Hypno, thanks for the tips .

Deleted

I really love all gens to be honest. There wasn't a single one that I didn't like.
    This exactly. All gens have a couple of really terrible Pokemon.

But I really like Gen 4, especially the Fighting and Poison types it introduced.

Infernape, Gallade, Lucario, Toxicroak, Skuntank, Drapion. Absolutely love all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    This exactly. All gens have a couple of really terrible Pokemon.

But I really like Gen 4, especially the Fighting and Poison types it introduced.

Infernape, Gallade, Lucario, Toxicroak, Skuntank, Drapion. Absolutely love all of those.
    ugh i cant stand drapion

it looks like someone glued a bunch of accordions together
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-41387494

Your favourite, zito

From me, to you with bug/flying love!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    bad ones:garchomp

You are the worst person.

You are the worst person.
    its trying to be 3 things at once and failing at it, you cant be an airplane a shark and a dragon all at the same time and look like that

When people complain about gen 4 and 5 designs. I only allow them to use the Vanilluxe family as an argument. Garbador is a premiere poison type that looks monstrous and toxic, Klinklang is no more absurd than magneton, Chandelure, like you said, looks flawless and exactly how a ghost/fire should look.

On a side note, wow do I hate Vanilluxe, it was made by James Turner, the first westerner to design Pokemon, who was also responsible for the other ridiculous looking Pokemon in Gen 5. Shame on him, really.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny. My least favorite games (R/S/E and D/P/Pt) have the best designed pokemon while my favorite games (HG/SS and B/W and the sequels) aren't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    On a side note, wow do I hate Vanilluxe, it was made by James Turner, the first westerner to design Pokemon, who was also responsible for the other ridiculous looking Pokemon in Gen 5. Shame on him, really.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
    I think Vanilluxe is the only bad one there. Mandibuzz and Golurk are pretty cool.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-07-27 at 07:01 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!