Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    my (thought to be legitimate, or at the very least legal) SK breeding ditto.

oh well. It let its offspring through at least so I can breed in B2 and transfer them over.

Or I can try to find another breeding ditto
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    my (thought to be legitimate, or at the very least legal) SK breeding ditto.

oh well. It let its offspring through at least so I can breed in B2 and transfer them over.

Or I can try to find another breeding ditto
    I could get a 6 IV ditto for you if you don't mind a clone.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I'm very new to the whole metagame part of pokemon and have been brain storming pokemon I wish to breed with max IVs etc... I have a question concerning the infamous Slowking:

My current idea is to use him as a good special attacker but I'm hesitating whether to go for slack off for regen (as he is quite defensive and can take a lot of sp.A hits) or to just go with Nasty plot, the movesets would be either of the two below:

Moveset 1:
    Trick Room
    Scald
    Psychic
    Slack off

Moveset 2:
    Trick Room
    Scald
    Psychic
    Nast plot

Scald and Psychic are obvious choices as they are STABs and both have secondary effects that could turn things around easily. Trick room is the obvious choice (and yes I will make sure to use the Quiet nature and have min speed IV). Additionally I 'm thinking of getting a Slowbro to use the regen method as he can't learn nasty plot and try them both out but obviously I don't want to mess up the Slowking if I can prevent it. Any ideas which way I should go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowking gets regenerator for regen, also consider Psyshock over Psychic so you can hit both types of defensive walls

Deleted
    Depends a bit on your general gameplan with slowking. Is he supposed to be the only (or at least main) user of trick room or you want him to set it up multiple times? I don't see the former work tbh, getting up trick room AND a nasty plot is 2 turns, at which point you're probably dead, or your opponent has swapped to something that can OHKO you or can take water/psychic attacks well.
    Trick room setters in general should be bulky, and be able to take a couple of hits and set it up multiple times throughout a match if needed. I really doubt setting up trick room and nasty plot is something you'll be able to do a lot.

Deleted
    @Ðemonhuntr - Not worth using slack off then? Thanks for the tip of Psyshock, I thought it would be best

@Derpette - Only Slowking would be making use of Trick Room primarily, but I haven't set up any definitive teams yet. Most of my plans are on paper but could be useful for another slow behemoth. If it hinders the chances of his survival then I'll skip nasty plot, likewise I don't see the point of him using it if he will be slow (without trickroom) as he still takes 2 hits whilst with the trick room he only gets hit once until turn 2.

Thank you both for your input Need to brainstorm some more I guess.

Deleted
    Yeah slowking's not bad. Just have a hard time imagining him setting up both and still be able to live. Either your opponent stays in with his/her pokemon and think he can take you in which case you take 2 attacks, or he swaps to a slowking counter, in which case he can only get off 1 attack on slowking, but it's probably gonna be a super-effective stab move, and your 2 attacking moves may not be super-effective against the counter.

Deleted
    Do you think it's worth replacing Slack off with Flamethrower then? I've read it's an option quite a few people take to hit Bug/Grass/Steel types.

Deleted
    Trickroom/scald/psyshock/flamethrower then? Yeah sounds nice. Flamethrower should really hurt a lot of grass pokemon who think they can swap in just like that. May want fire blast or some specific special attack EV's to OHKO certain threats though.

Edit: maybe scald/icebeam/flamethrower? Icebeam hits dragons super-effectively, although it doesn't get stab. Hmmm, interesting options. Although these 3 moves would be walled by any water type though.

Pokémon Bank is NOW LIVE in AMERICA!!! Woot!!!

Deleted
    I was thinking:

IVs: max HP, D, spA, spD // min Spe (for Trick Room)
    EVs: spD 252, spA 252, HP 4

Right then, I think I will go with flamethrower. Seen as He will be specifically for dmg I might as well. Thanks again for your help!

10+ Year Old Account
    -looking through my White 2-

Say... these dream balls from Pokemon Dream Radar, do these get bred down in X/Y? Because I have a female Slowpoke in one and I am diggin' the pink to match her.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Sorry Well, gotta study for a while. Great battles though
    That specs toad surprised me

10+ Year Old Account
    I really need to make a list of pokemon instead of tackling this at random >.<

bleh, even with my pokebank collection, my pokedex sits at 601, i have 117 left till i fill it

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find Puff, my shiny dratini from the White 2 treehollow.

I has a sad.

Maybe I put him on my White. But there's too much sorting to do in my X now before I go looking through my other game. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, all these legendaries look really fantastic in Gen 6. They did a good job on their models.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    -looking through my White 2-

Say... these dream balls from Pokemon Dream Radar, do these get bred down in X/Y? Because I have a female Slowpoke in one and I am diggin' the pink to match her.
    Yeah, i've got a few Pokemon in them for breeding purposes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    I really need to make a list of pokemon instead of tackling this at random >.<
    Use my spreadsheet as a guideline if you want.

Just copy it into your own google doc. I have it set up so I can mark red what I don't have, and in the previous gen pokedexes I have yellow highlighting what is found in kalos region.

Might help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

10+ Year Old Account
    Notepad for life, please understand ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Notepad for life, please understand ^^
    Well, I hate to disagree with someone with my same name, but this is more organized! Hehehe