Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Battle frontier wasn't a filler. They were still progressing, getting/evolving mons and what not.
    you can still have progress in a filler saga. bf was definitely filler nowhere does a battlefrontier span an entire region in the games or even exist in kanto in the first place.

am i the only one who wishes they would add more alternate evos? like slowking bellosom and politoad?

they added a couple in gen 4 with gallade and froslass but they dont seem to do it often
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I'm always partial to grass, as each grass starter has access to EQ or Rock Slide. On the other hand, the waters get Ice Beam though. For me, fire seems like it would be the most screwed at is literally has nothing to hit it's water counterparts. Solarbeam in the sun?
    I don't mean mechanically I am on their side because they will probably win, I meant I just like fire types 90% of the time. xD

Also, some water types are disadvantaged versus the fires. Blastoise gets fucked by Solarbeam CharYzard. Empoleon gets steel type disadvantage to Infernape's Fighting. That's... about it, I think.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

As long as Sceptile does not have Unburden active, Blaziken would be fine in that matchup. However, if it does habr Unburden, then ya, Mega Chicken is screwed. Interestingly enough, assuming Mega Sceptile has 150 base speed, Adamant Mega Blaziken just manages to outspeeds after 1 boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, up next Sceptile v. Darkrai. If Darkrai is Modest vs. Timid Sceptile, it will be outsped and ohko'd by Focus Blast from a Life Orb set. Now, assuming Mega Sceptile will only get faster, there will be no chance to Darkrai to outspeed even if it is running timid. And if we go by my own physical set, not only does unburden allow Sceptile to outspeed if it is active, but a +2 Leafblade has a 62% chance to OHKO
    Why would you run a Modest Darkrai... Dark Void/Nasty Plot/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse, job done. IF Focus Miss hits.

And you won't get Unburden to proc on a Mega Sceptile. And again, we don't know about the stats. Even then, you can put a Choice Scarf on it to specifically counter it, and force switches. Obviously it wouldn't be an effective strategy as such though.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2014-06-18 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Why would you run a Modest Darkrai... Dark Void/Nasty Plot/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse, job done. IF Focus Miss hits.

And you won't get Unburden to proc on a Mega Sceptile.
    If Darkrai has a 100% chance to cause something to fall asleep, wouldn't you run modest for the extra spatk since speed wouldn't matter as much?

Edit: nvm, I thought Dark Void was 100 accuracy. My bad.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you can still have progress in a filler saga. bf was definitely filler nowhere does a battlefrontier span an entire region in the games or even exist in kanto in the first place.

am i the only one who wishes they would add more alternate evos? like slowking bellosom and politoad?

they added a couple in gen 4 with gallade and froslass but they dont seem to do it often
    Yet the concept of Battle Frontier as well as the Frontier Brains originate from the source, which are the games. Filler's progress is usually meaningless in the series and can/will be easily forgotten/never mentioned again. This is not a case in Battle Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    If Darkrai has a 100% chance to cause something to fall asleep, wouldn't you run modest for the extra spatk since speed wouldn't matter as much?

Edit: nvm, I thought Dark Void was 100 accuracy. My bad.
    Timid outspeeds more, and you get free set-up with Nasty Plot after putting something to sleep, unless you predict well and have a chesto berry.

Speaking of Gallade, wonder if he'll get mega in ORAS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Speaking of Gallade, wonder if he'll get mega in ORAS?
    Wish he would. With a speed buff and getting rid of that stupid "ring" on his body.

Timid outspeeds more, and you get free set-up with Nasty Plot after putting something to sleep, unless you predict well and have a chesto berry.
    Agreed, anything below 130 is generally best with + speed nature unless you need the extra power. I think it is very likely sceptile will get a speed boost when it mega evolves, and even if it is a small one, it will outspeed darkrai. And a choice scarf darkrai? Doesn't seem like the greatest of sets, there are so many other (better) scarfers you could use if you really needed to counter Mega Sceptile. Being locked into Dark Void completely negate any momentum you could have gained from forcing your opponent to switch. Either that, or you have to switch out, allowing them to burn their guaranteed sleep turn for free.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not actually saying Sceptile would beat Darkrai in a 1v1 battle, Darkrai is ubers for a reason. I am simply putting up ways it CAN win in that situation.

Agreed, anything below 130 is generally best with + speed nature unless you need the extra power. I think it is very likely sceptile will get a speed boost when it mega evolves, and even if it is a small one, it will outspeed darkrai. And a choice scarf darkrai? Doesn't seem like the greatest of sets, there are so many other (better) scarfers you could use if you really needed to counter Mega Sceptile. Being locked into Dark Void completely negate any momentum you could have gained from forcing your opponent to switch. Either that, or you have to switch out, allowing them to burn their guaranteed sleep turn for free.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not actually saying Sceptile would beat Darkrai in a 1v1 battle, Darkrai is ubers for a reason. I am simply putting up ways it CAN win in that situation.
    I get that. ^^ I'm mostly taking Lightningrod into consideration if you want to be absolutely sure you can take it out = you'd need status on it, and its immunity to paralyze the easy way (looking at you Rotom you little <insert all the insensitive words here>). And it isn't at all slow to begin with, so it doesn't need more speed as such. The typing it gets is also pretty good. So, even if you had a pokemon with enough power to oneshot it via a scarf, if Scepty gets an additional speed boost in mega, can it even outspeed with a scarf. It'll also most likely get a good boost to its attack stats, turning it into something I'd rather see a Mega Aerodactyl over.

But we'll see. And tbh, the fact that it'll screw over Rotom-W like it was a cheap whore is already cool in my books. Still looks silly though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. I am so clueless about competitive stats, haha.

I get that. ^^ I'm mostly taking Lightningrod into consideration if you want to be absolutely sure you can take it out = you'd need status on it, and its immunity to paralyze the easy way (looking at you Rotom you little <insert all the insensitive words here>). And it isn't at all slow to begin with, so it doesn't need more speed as such. The typing it gets is also pretty good. So, even if you had a pokemon with enough power to oneshot it via a scarf, if Scepty gets an additional speed boost in mega, can it even outspeed with a scarf. It'll also most likely get a good boost to its attack stats, turning it into something I'd rather see a Mega Aerodactyl over.

But we'll see. And tbh, the fact that it'll screw over Rotom-W like it was a cheap whore is already cool in my books. Still looks silly though.
    I assume Mega Sceptile will get a speed boost to match Aerodactyl and Alakazam.

Also, did somebody order a counter?

I assume Mega Sceptile will get a speed boost to match Aerodactyl and Alakazam.

Also, did somebody order a counter?
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/01orCxM.png[IMG]
    ahahahahahhahahaaaah

Soooooo true.

Mega-Sceptile or just sceptile before mega-evolving will be such a huge counter

YOU TRY AND BURN ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I'M SPECIALLY ORIENTED!
    YOU TRY AND PARALALYZE ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I GOT LIGHTNING ROD!
    YOU TRY AND HYDRO PUMP ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I RESIST THAT X4!

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    ahahahahahhahahaaaah

Soooooo true.

Mega-Sceptile or just sceptile before mega-evolving will be such a huge counter

YOU TRY AND BURN ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I'M SPECIALLY ORIENTED!
    YOU TRY AND PARALALYZE ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I GOT LIGHTNING ROD!
    YOU TRY AND HYDRO PUMP ME? TOO BAD YOU SUCK CAUSE I RESIST THAT X4!
    *Mr. Popo voice* OH, YOU WANNA VOLT SWITCH OUT? BITCH, YOU AIN'T GOIN NOWHERE

*ice beam* mega sceptile falls over like a combover in the wind
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god Mega Sceptile with a combover. Cannot unsee!

Mega Sceptile: Thanks, I could use some ice for this water attack I've been drinking up. Could you possibly get me a slice of lemon too while you're back there? Thanks mate.

Mega Sceptile: Thanks, I could use some ice for this water attack I've been drinking up. Could you possibly get me a slice of lemon too while you're back there? Thanks mate.
    pfft grass dragon is like a kajillion times weak to ice :P

Regardless of how Mega Sceptile turns out, I think I'm going to stick with Blaziken. I miss my old ruby starter.

Hey Halyon, you wouldn't happen to have yet another one of those dittos would you? >_>
    Last edited by Dasir; 2014-06-18 at 09:41 PM.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    Hey Halyon, you wouldn't happen to have yet another one of those dittos would you? >_>
    I have one left in box atm, but it's not hard to make more.