Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Hm i wonder if Red Card or Eject Button have any use in pvp.
    I saw one once, it was a guy using it on a lead Drapion. I led off with Crobat and U-Turned to find the Red Card forcing me out instead. It was funny, as neither of us had any idea if it would still let me chose the pokemon I would go in to(spoiler alert: it didn't).

hey hey hey hey heeeeey, dont mess with my fox pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    The in-game stories are incredibly fucking stupid (please stop making me Jesus.)
    Well, you are the protagonist. That is how video games work.
    Mega evolutions and primal de-evolutions strike me as bad/stupid mechanics. I'd rather just have new evolutions and Pokemon... or formes.
    Have to say, I agree with this one, but we have to accept it, they are here to stay.
    Fairy type is dumb and should have been Light type!
    I like Fairy as a type, although it could be more diverse in terms of the pokemon within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Stay away from this thread guys, people becoming sick left and right.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    The in-game stories are incredibly fucking stupid (please stop making me Jesus.)
    Mega evolutions and primal de-evolutions strike me as bad/stupid mechanics. I'd rather just have new evolutions and Pokemon... or formes.
    The story affter r/s/e got way out of hand, Kyogre and Groundon being stopped by you were still believable, after that it got silly.
    Totaly agreeing with these, pokemon like Mawile and Absol would have been better off if it just was a permanent evolution.
    And yeah, why Fairy? You can't even say it resembles some kind of element like the other types do without thinking of light >.<

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To bad rocket raccoon sucks

Yea I went there, now go play marvel heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate all fox Pokemon for the most part - Vulpix/Ninetales get a pass because of diplomatic immunity (they are my boyfriend's favorite.)

I think you all already know this about me though. :P
    my unpopular opinion is that i think smogon is full of nerdy nerds who want to nerdify my pokemon with rules :P
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Lost in battle #188 just now and it was my own fault for not paying attention... Pretty mad right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I saw one once, it was a guy using it on a lead Drapion. I led off with Crobat and U-Turned to find the Red Card forcing me out instead. It was funny, as neither of us had any idea if it would still let me chose the pokemon I would go in to(spoiler alert: it didn't).
    I wonder what happens if someone steals it .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I picked up a Shiny Clawitzer with 6 perfect IV, but I'm not really into the whole shiny thing. Are there any shiny fanatics who might want this? Open to trade for essentially any Pokemon that can be used for battling as im trying to build a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I picked up a Shiny Clawitzer with 6 perfect IV, but I'm not really into the whole shiny thing. Are there any shiny fanatics who might want this? Open to trade for essentially any Pokemon that can be used for battling as im trying to build a team.
    You can use this shiny to get a legendary mon you want. Some people are insane enogh to have 10 games runing and they will restart the old game just to grid legendarys and then sending them to pokebank.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Well, you are the protagonist. That is how video games work.
    I dunno, I think it just gets out of hand.

Gen 5 was probably the worst of the lot. It was just so... cheesy.

I'm a ten(ish) year old kid who leaves home with a dream in my heart to battle cute animals against each other, making friends and seeing the region I'm traveling in.

At some point that turned into Pokemessiah leaves home so he can save our entire planet by capturing a big badass insane god-like beast that controls the very powers of nature and also intangible human thoughts like truth and ideals to fight a guy made of endless amounts of money and/or evil so that he can control the planet with either an equally badass beast or he wants the one I got. I, personally, am not a fan of how over the top that is. :P

(And before it's said, yes, team Rocket has indeed been present since Gen 1, and I always thought it was pretty insane that a kid could defeat an entire complex and deep-rooted criminal organization. But you did it with, like, gumption, not with literal Pokemon god being inside of your computer as stored data.)

Edit: That said, if I want a story I like in an RPG, Pokemon is probably one of the last places I'd look. Pokemon is probably the only RPG I've ever played that I specifically ignored the story in because I knew it would suck (whereas usually I won't play an RPG unless I"m interested in the story behind it.) Pokemon's game mechanics and collection metagame are the reason I love it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You can use this shiny to get a legendary mon you want. Some people are insane enogh to have 10 games runing and they will restart the old game just to grid legendarys and then sending them to pokebank.
    *finger guns* That's like all I do! :P
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-08-05 at 10:14 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I've never really been into collecting shinies either. Of course there are some exceptions where the shiny version looks cooler than the normal version, Rayquaza, Charizard, and Klinklang for example.

I dunno, I think it just gets out of hand.

Gen 5 was probably the worst of the lot. It was just so... cheesy.

I'm a ten(ish) year old kid who leaves home with a dream in my heart to battle cute animals against each other, making friends and seeing the region I'm traveling in.

At some point that turned into Pokemessiah leaves home so he can save our entire planet by capturing a big badass insane god-like beast that controls the very powers of nature and also intangible human thoughts like truth and ideals to fight a guy made of endless amounts of money and/or evil so that he can control the planet with either an equally badass beast or he wants the one I got. I, personally, am not a fan of how over the top that is. :P

(And before it's said, yes, team Rocket has indeed been present since Gen 1, and I always thought it was pretty insane that a kid could defeat an entire complex and deep-rooted criminal organization. But you did it with, like, gumption, not with literal Pokemon god being inside of your computer as stored data.)

*finger guns* That's like all I do! :P
    The pokemon story just can't decide what it wants to be. It tries to be both a light hearted story about discovery and friendship as well as a dramatic story about fighting evil and saving the world and the story really suffers as a result. I'd like the story a lot better if it could just stay light hearted, maybe with a little drama and conflict but poke gods and trainer jesus just goes way too far. As it is Thrall's got nothing on generic ten year old.
    Last edited by Dasir; 2014-08-05 at 10:20 PM.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Whoa, I really like the shiny form, its just really cool

What are you looking for btw? What kind of team are you looking to build? (You can PM for details)
    I can also offer some legendaries like deoxis and jirachi
    If everything fails, wold you mind trading it for a shiny krabby or nidorino? Theyre also cool in their shiny form (theyre not perfect 6IV tho) and can also be traded for legends
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    The pokemon story just can't decide what it wants to be. It tries to be both a light hearted story about discovery and friendship as well as a dramatic story about fighting evil and saving the world and the story really suffers as a result. I'd like the story a lot better if it could just stay light hearted, maybe with a little drama and conflict but poke gods and trainer jesus just goes way too far. As it is Thrall's got nothing on generic ten year old.
    Yeah.. like I said in my edit on that post, I just don't expect good story out of Pokemon games. I play 'em for the collection and battle mechanics. And the witty quotes on fluff NPCs. :P

Nintendo actually lacks really good story in their top two titles (those being Mario and Pokemon) now that I think about it. But they're great games anyway, so that's alright.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

just saw battle of gods in the theater. was pretty good

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.. like I said in my edit on that post, I just don't expect good story out of Pokemon games. I play 'em for the collection and battle mechanics. And the witty quotes on fluff NPCs. :P

Nintendo actually lacks really good story in their top two titles (those being Mario and Pokemon) now that I think about it. But they're great games anyway, so that's alright.
    miyamoto views mario and bowser and everyone as actors who are putting on a show which is why games where they race and play tennis and shit is fine because they are just putting on a show.

when you view mario in that way as a kind of wacky stage show put on for laughs it actually fits pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just saw battle of gods in the theater. was pretty good

- - - Updated - - -

miyamoto views mario and bowser and everyone as actors who are putting on a show which is why games where they race and play tennis and shit is fine because they are just putting on a show.

when you view mario in that way as a kind of wacky stage show put on for laughs it actually fits pretty well.
    That does explain the audience mechanic in the Paper Mario games.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    That does explain the audience mechanic in the Paper Mario games.
    and how in alot of games theres an actual cameraman behind mario.

Deleted
    Hey Guys, I am looking for a Cottonee and a decent Diancie with a good nature and decent IVs. Can offer you the shiny Event Jirachi with 3IVs and a Timid nature.

Last edited by Rylee; 2014-08-06 at 02:32 AM.

you guys better buy this game so we get more localized digimon games!

i really wanna play re:digitize and ill buy a vita if they localize the adventure game and the cyber sleuth game