Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, your champ is back from christmas holiday with the family.
    Got myself OR now as well and gotta say that the presentation of the world is the best it's ever been. Haven't finished it yet, very excited to go dive underwater and beat the shit out of Team Magma.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    Depends. If he calls those two stats "couldn't be better", then yes, those IVs are at 31.
    Isnt it "Stats like that cant be beat" ? yaaai bred my first 5iv pokemon :P
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-12-30 at 03:29 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Isnt it "Stats like that cant be beat" ?
    Yeah, something like that. All the same *grins*

By the way, I started breeding for your pokemon again. They'll be done this evening most probably.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalph...ialbases.shtml

This looks like its worth testing.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Steven: Just as I have come to expect. <player>, you are truly an excellent Pokémon Trainer.

Preceeded by 2 tedious minutes of me chain reviving to cause his fucking Mega Metagross to Giga Impact something so I can Shadow Ball him to death with my Gardevoir.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing there's no way to buy Premier Balls by themselves like you could in XY?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Steven: Just as I have come to expect. <player>, you are truly an excellent Pokémon Trainer.

Preceeded by 2 tedious minutes of me chain reviving to cause his fucking Mega Metagross to Giga Impact something so I can Shadow Ball him to death with my Gardevoir.
    megagross wasn't even a challenge for my 1st knight(mega gallade)

@soulhunter when are you online? your galladite waits to return to you :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was severely underlevelled.

- - - Updated - - -

By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Hey everyone, your champ is back from christmas holiday with the family.
    Got myself OR now as well and gotta say that the presentation of the world is the best it's ever been. Haven't finished it yet, very excited to go dive underwater and beat the shit out of Team Magma.
    I really liked the visual improvements they made to Gyms and especially the Pokemon League

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing there's no way to buy Premier Balls by themselves like you could in XY?
    No. However, you can get them from any ball in sets of 10 instead of just Pokeballs now.

(Disclaimer: I only tested this with great and ultra balls. Not sure if it works on other special balls like dusk or quick.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account

Mute 1.st video and start it. 4 sec later start next video with music.

15+ Year Old Account
    This kinda made me... well you understand

- Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

AABW WWWW WWWQ 2K4H

Our latest FFA

Well, I was severely underlevelled.
    I was maybe 2-3 lvl above them. kinda wanted to rush the story after my 4th badge and only fought when I had to or was stupid enough not to avoid trainers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny there is some dude on GTS offering a Ditto with 5iv's everyday requesting a different pokemon i doubt he has that many 5iv ditto's lol also why is everyone looking for the same legendary's?

[Edit] Aha i get it now you cant get those pokemon tried looking for darkrai but nothing came up quite funny for a game thats encouraging you catch/get all pokemon but you cant get them all...
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-12-30 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 hours of Virizon Sring and no luck.
    Right now trying my luck with Azelf. (for araund 30 min now)

I hope i:

60 lotads later and still no male with swift swim and giga drain.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    60 lotads later and still no male with swift swim and giga drain.
    I may have some babies left over from when I was breeding for my ORAS in game team if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I do, they are all modest as well with leech seed

- - - Updated - - -

So I used http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html top pick my top 6 favorite pokemon, which I did a while ago, but I decided to try it again and this was the result

1. Sceptile
    2. Volcarona
    These really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, easily my 2 favorite, I wouldn't need a website to say that. The rest though, were more interesting and unexpected.
    3. Crobat. Maybe not so much a surprise to me, I love Crobat and even before this, probably would have put it at 3rd.
    4. Ferrothorn. When I first used the website, Ferrothorn was noticeably absent from the top 6(it did make top 10 though iirc), but I have been using it more and more with my OU team and my appreciation for it has gone up since then
    5. Florges. Formerly was #3 last time I did the list, as it had been my gen 6 mvp until recently. I haven't used it in a while, so maybe that is why my hype for it has waned since then
    6. Virizion. Like Ferrothorn, Virizion was also absent from my last top 6. Possibly because I had a bias against legendaries last time, Virizion in all it's elegance broke though this time. It has great competitive potential with a great move pool, physical or special, and fantastic base stats as well as it's typing. It is just COOL.

Missing from the top 6 this time around were Gliscor and Gyarados.
    Gliscor, Drapion, Noivern, and Hydreigon rounding out the top 10.

I think Gliscor fell off because I stopped following a 4 sweepers, 1 physical wall, 1 special wall formula for my teams, and Gliscor being me go to physical wall just hasn't found a spot on a team in ORAS. Drapion was a little surprising, but after I did use it a bunch in my X playthrough, and on my 5th gen RU team. The recent discussion we had about Drapion here probably influenced it's spot. Noivern, I always thought was cool, but until we started doing FFA's, I would not have put it on my top 10. However Darknoit is easily my FFA MVP and has come in clutch on multiple occasions when I needed it to. Hydreigon is a pokemon I have loved since I first saw it in gen 5, I even saved a spot on my first White playthrough team so I could catch one in Victory Road and train it, and used it as a zweilous to beat the Elite 4. It was also part of my first OU team, and I use it now in UU with the same set.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2014-12-30 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I decided to use that thingy to pick my favourites. I was... less than surprised by the first two. The rest, while not a surprise either... are interesting to me, considering how hard it is to pick favourites out of so many. Some of them I liked, but never expected to make it to a top 10, like Zekrom and Chandelure.
    From first to tenth:

Gliscor
    Articuno
    Beedrill
    Charizard
    Staraptor
    Scizor
    Chandelure
    Zekrom
    Starmie
    Metagross

Some of the others beyond 10th include Heracross, Volcarona, Tyrantrum, Drapion, Feraligatr, Masquerain, and a few others. Eventually I stopped or I'd be here all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Top 10:

Gardevoir
    Mawile
    Braixen
    Gliscor
    Goodra
    Scizor
    Aegislash
    Aggron
    Metagross

Surprising nobody ever.

Honorable ention goes to Chandelure for 11th spot. Used a shiny oen back in White and she(?) was an utter beast.