Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    The Oval Charm is obtained when all pokemon in the Hoenn Dex are seen. While the Shiny Charm is obtained when all pokemon in the National Dex are obtained with the exception of event-only pokemon.
    Ahh okay, thanks, seems I have a fair bit of work to do then. And holy crap, I just looked, I've only owned 297 pokemon in the National Dex!

Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Exactly my stance on it ^^
    Ah I thought you could transfer stuff from it somehow... Since I could have sworn someone was talking about they were only playing it to get stuff they couldn't get in game. I mean I'm not spending any money on it. I just use the free plays and kill 20min or whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Ah I thought you could transfer stuff from it somehow... Since I could have sworn someone was talking about they were only playing it to get stuff they couldn't get in game. I mean I'm not spending any money on it. I just use the free plays and kill 20min or whatever.
    I actually have no clue on it though, but if Serebii mentiones that you can send stuff to the game then I might consider playing it.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Ahh okay, thanks, seems I have a fair bit of work to do then. And holy crap, I just looked, I've only owned 297 pokemon in the National Dex!
    That's why I keep one example of every final stage pokémon in the bank (one of each for porygon because he's a bitch to evolve) as well as alternate evos (-king and -bro, for example). It's a wise move for the future.

I wasn't smart enough to save the offspring I hatched to save time for future generations, though, so that'll have to be the next time around.

But shit, was today a fucking downer.

I actually have no clue on it though, but if Serebii mentiones that you can send stuff to the game then I might consider playing it.
    Pretty sure it's confirmed that there's no such thing as compatibility between the games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjarah View Post
    That's why I keep one example of every final stage pokémon in the bank (one of each for porygon because he's a bitch to evolve) as well as alternate evos (-king and -bro, for example). It's a wise move for the future.

I wasn't smart enough to save the offspring I hatched to save time for future generations, though, so that'll have to be the next time around.
    Yeah, I have a few boxes in my pokebank reserved for a full living dex. Easy shiny charm in every next generation.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    renewed my pokebank 3 hours b4 it expired, that timing.

10+ Year Old Account

Following their release in Japan yesterday, the three Pokémon themes have been released in North America for $1.99 each. These three themes are Pokémon: Mega Rayquaza, which features the Battle! Ancient Pokémon music from Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon Friends, which features the "Let's Go Together" music from Pokémon Black & White, & Pokémon: Hanafuda which features the Kimono Girls music from Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver. No European release has been revealed as of yet.

Also:
    Registration for the latest Battle Competition is now open. This competition is called the Enter the Dragon Type and is only for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and is a Double Battle. In this competition, the rules are National Pokédex with you having to have at least one Dragon-type Pokémon in your team. You can also use up to two of the following: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and Diancie. Registration runs h until March 20th while the competition runs from March 20th to March 23rd.
    This competition will give a special gift to all who enter, a Level 10 Amaura with its Hidden Ability of Snow Warning and the moves Growl, Powder Snow, Magnet Rise and Rock Throw.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

How does one register for those events? And what do you do once entered? I figure I won't win any games, but I should start doing that stuff for the special Mons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to register and when I have four pokemon in my battle box it says I'm missing a required pokemon for the comp. Then if I put 6 mon in it says I have to many. I'm using Gyarados with megastone as my dragon, which should work. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I've been trying to register and when I have four pokemon in my battle box it says I'm missing a required pokemon for the comp. Then if I put 6 mon in it says I have to many. I'm using Gyarados with megastone as my dragon, which should work. Any thoughts?
    Gyarados turns into Water/Dark after mega-evo. He is never a dragon type.

15+ Year Old Account
    SOB, I thought I read it turned dragon. Rawr, time to find where there be dragons!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    SOB, I thought I read it turned dragon. Rawr, time to find where there be dragons!
    Better prepare some Ice-type for all the Mega Rayquazas you will inevitably face.

Doesn't it use Battlespot Ladder rules, which means that Legendaries are banned?

Is it the live competition button (on the screen where you choose your save) that lets you sign up for these competitions? When I did that it just sat at the screen for like 4min doing nothing saying it was getting an ID. Didn't see anything on how to enter on the serebii site either. T-T I hate being a freaking noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the live competition button (on the screen where you choose your save) that lets you sign up for these competitions? When I did that it just sat at the screen for like 4min doing nothing saying it was getting an ID. Didn't see anything on how to enter on the serebii site either. T-T I hate being a freaking noob.
    I say dont bother. If you realy want that pokemon, just ask some1 to clone it for ya with HA. Then rebreed it and you have a legit one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in this threads an expert and math whiz and I'm just happy I caught the Mew in Shuffle at 11% #_# Which is a fun game, but I hate that it's so cash shop-y which makes me hate it at the same time.
    I caught Mew at 22%

But Kyogre is being a biatch .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up my Omegalocke again. New team member:

Ratt the Cosplay Pikachu!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I caught Mew at 22%

But Kyogre is being a biatch .-.
    Hah I had to do the Kyogre stage like 8 times, but caught it around 10~% XD I've had decent luck catching stuff so far. Had more trouble with the Torchic then Mew :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the Timed stages are annoying af.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Yelgre. Lvl 16. Roselia Mega Drained her to 1 health, and I was stuck in a pound which was destined to Poison Point Yelgre.

I wonder if the new pokemon game will be announced at the next Nintendo Direct. I'm also curious if it will be a New 3ds exclusive. I personally think it would only be an exclusive if it was a new generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Butterglide the Dustox.

You're species is just a terrible one. I'm sorry, but it is.