Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    [IMG]http://img03.deviantart.net/02ab/i/2015/081/7/e/men_when_a_woman_cries_by_kawacy-d8mnmel.jpg[MG]

Steven you hearthless bastard...
    Obviously she wasn't the very best. Kappa

I like the artstyle in it, gonna look at works of said artist cos interested.

I wish he did more :[
    >How to draw Combusken. lmao nsfwish I guess?
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2015-03-23 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've been thinking lately.

What if in an alternate-alternate universe to the Mega Evolution one, there is one where the Meteorite's gave certain pokemon Fusion capabilities aswell as Mega Evolution?
    Like, fully matured pokemon / 1 stage only pokemon can fuse. No 1st stage or 2nd stages can fuse. Pokemon sharing a type can fuse, and pokemon of similar species (eg, an Aggron can fuse with a Sceptile because they are both reptilian; or alternatively a Scizor can fuse with an Aggron, because they share the Steel typing).

The species fusions would be more fully fused, while shared typing's would be mismatched; and Pokemon that happen to share a species and a typing could fuse like either. And when you fuse the Pokemon in battle (acts like Mega Evolution in battle) you choose which 4 moves it would have out of the 8 that the 2 pokemon have respectively.

And so I've thought of some things:
    Lucario/Scizor - Typing-fusion, so it could be a Lucario body, with red plating on the lower legs, chest (think of Scizor's upper torso where Lucario's would normally be), and have Scizor wings. Thinking about a Technician-2 for the ability, which is basically Technician but boosted to 80 or 90 Base Power moves. Basically letting it be beastly with Aura Sphere because.

Roserade/Nocturne. Actually have a name for this one, Roserado. Think of a Western bandit. Cowboy hat, bandana covering the lower face, upper face is pretty much shadows except for the eyes. Body similar to Roserade's, but taller. Has Nocturne hat as the cowboy hat, Roserade's cape curls around as the bandana facemask, It's rose hands are now sort of like rosebuds but longer, with a thorn on the back of the side of the wrist to resemble a revolver. It's ability would be like MegaKangaskhan's, but only covers non-contact moves, basically letting it double shot moves like Bullet Seed, Solar Beam, etc. Because the 2 revolvers thing.

Scizor/Aggron. It's a Typing-fusion, so get ready for wackyness. Scizor body and colouration, but looks MUCH more bulkier with Aggron-like grey steel plates chunking it up. No longer has pincers, now has forearms like humans crossed with a seige-ram. Plus, fusing with Aggron gave it some more muscle so it's arms won't just collapse from all the weight. Obviously much slower, but has increased defenses to make up for it. Could have Filter as it's ability.

Think of some fusions!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, I've been thinking lately.

What if in an alternate-alternate universe to the Mega Evolution one, there is one where the Meteorite's gave certain pokemon Fusion capabilities aswell as Mega Evolution?
    Like, fully matured pokemon / 1 stage only pokemon can fuse. No 1st stage or 2nd stages can fuse. Pokemon sharing a type can fuse, and pokemon of similar species (eg, an Aggron can fuse with a Sceptile because they are both reptilian; or alternatively a Scizor can fuse with an Aggron, because they share the Steel typing).

The species fusions would be more fully fused, while shared typing's would be mismatched; and Pokemon that happen to share a species and a typing could fuse like either. And when you fuse the Pokemon in battle (acts like Mega Evolution in battle) you choose which 4 moves it would have out of the 8 that the 2 pokemon have respectively.

And so I've thought of some things:
    Lucario/Scizor - Typing-fusion, so it could be a Lucario body, with red plating on the lower legs, chest (think of Scizor's upper torso where Lucario's would normally be), and have Scizor wings. Thinking about a Technician-2 for the ability, which is basically Technician but boosted to 80 or 90 Base Power moves. Basically letting it be beastly with Aura Sphere because.

Roserade/Nocturne. Actually have a name for this one, Roserado. Think of a Western bandit. Cowboy hat, bandana covering the lower face, upper face is pretty much shadows except for the eyes. Body similar to Roserade's, but taller. Has Nocturne hat as the cowboy hat, Roserade's cape curls around as the bandana facemask, It's rose hands are now sort of like rosebuds but longer, with a thorn on the back of the side of the wrist to resemble a revolver. It's ability would be like MegaKangaskhan's, but only covers non-contact moves, basically letting it double shot moves like Bullet Seed, Solar Beam, etc. Because the 2 revolvers thing.

Scizor/Aggron. It's a Typing-fusion, so get ready for wackyness. Scizor body and colouration, but looks MUCH more bulkier with Aggron-like grey steel plates chunking it up. No longer has pincers, now has forearms like humans crossed with a seige-ram. Plus, fusing with Aggron gave it some more muscle so it's arms won't just collapse from all the weight. Obviously much slower, but has increased defenses to make up for it. Could have Filter as it's ability.

Think of some fusions!
    Sounds like an interesting idea, although it might be a bit too complicated to implement in a way that would feel seamless. I would also kinda prefer if the fusions were not limited, just because there are a lot of cool fusions that likely wouldn't be allowed with those limits in place (I'm thinking of all those fusion pictures that people have posted). Also you're description of Scizor/Aggron reminds me a bit of Carrera from Gunvolt, and what pokemon it Nocturne? Do you mean Cacturne?
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah meant cacturne. Think i was posting in pre-sleep delerium at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way Auxis, Insurgence is amazing. I've been playing it and finished the currently available story mode content around an hour or so ago.

Gotta love how by the time we finish the third gym, we're in the high 40 to low 50 range
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Gotta love how by the time we finish the third gym, we're in the high 40 to low 50 range
    Sounds like a broken level curve to me. You're not even near the half way point and already hitting lvl 50 mean that the last few GYMs and League will be all on 90+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a broken level curve to me. You're not even near the half way point and already hitting lvl 50 mean that the last few GYMs and League will be all on 90+.
    Eh, might be the intent. Or maybe it's just because beta. I literally have no idea, I only started following this game recently. The final battle's Mega Rayquaza was exactly level 50. My pokemon were all below 50. Either the leveling curve will slow down (I did seem to notice the wild pokemon not gaining many levels in the last 2-3 available areas), or things will get at very high levels very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

God damned "token expired". Took me forever to post this.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Slowing down the level curve towards the end doesn't really make sense. Sure, you need more exp per level to level up there, but the power difference between levels in Pokémon is linear, so the difference in challenge wouldn't change much at all towards the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowing down the level curve towards the end doesn't really make sense. Sure, you need more exp per level to level up there, but the power difference between levels in Pokémon is linear, so the difference in challenge wouldn't change much at all towards the end.
    Honestly I feel like a big part of the challenge doesn't come from levels alone, but the fact that the game throws opponents at you with powerful Megas, legendaries in the case of more important people, and that they're all perfectly EV trained, with correct natures and whatnot. Meanwhile, you're walking around with Jolly special attackers and other such magnificent things, with EVs all around the place and imperfect IVs everywhere. In that regard it reminds me a bit of the Blaze Black and Volt White hacks back in BW2. You could outlevel the gyms and other important battles, but they'd always have an edge because their pokemon were perfect and had good moves. I once tried editing my pokemon to have perfect natures, EVs and such, and the tables turned completely. It removed any and all challenge the game had. So I'd say that in Insurgence's case, it's the same. They'll always be way ahead of you because they have competitive stuff and you have 6 Magikarps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purrloin is being a bitch to catch in Shuffle. 12% base catch rate? how about 2% extra for each move you have left? Sounds like a good deal, right?

Not if I have to use a Disruption Delay to actually achieve anything higher than 1-2 moves.

TLDR: bad luck applenty.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Long live Jables, Kage and with them the D.
    So sad that most of the other MMD Tenacious D videos here in Germany are blocked because of GEMA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Long live Jables, Kage and with them the D.
    So sad that most of the other MMD Tenacious D videos here in Germany are blocked because of GEMA.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pjkiklfbnlmeio

The blocking fix.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just beat the E4 on Y, and what happens after is pretty damned cool. Wonder if we'll ever get an event Floette (doubtful, I guess...)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Well, just beat the E4 on Y, and what happens after is pretty damned cool. Wonder if we'll ever get an event Floette (doubtful, I guess...)
    It has basestat total similar to Florges and it's own signature move.

Black and White, and Y have the best storylines imo. Yellow is also a fav but I'm heavily biased as that was my first taste of pokemon.
    I really wish they would incorperate that pokewalker into newer games, as well as having your pokemon sprite following you again.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    Black and White, and Y have the best storylines imo. Yellow is also a fav but I'm heavily biased as that was my first taste of pokemon.
    I really wish they would incorperate that pokewalker into newer games, as well as having your pokemon sprite following you again.
    Ya i loved yellow as well. Seeing your pikachu out with you made you feel more connected to your pokemon. I also loved the nontraditional starting pokemon.