Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    No Pokemon Mystery dungeon game so far was as good as the first one to me, Rescue Team Blue/Red.
    The reason for that is actually pretty simple. I believe it is the only one that at the time of its release included all Pokemon. Also what turned me off from the second one onwards was that "you" and your partner couldn't evolve. I don't want to stay a little old Charmander, I want to evolve into a glorious Charizard.

Anyway, I would always recommend playing PMD Rescue Team Blue, first for the concept, second for the quite touching story.
    Actually, you can evolve even in the 2nd one (you need to finish the main story arc first tho)
    I dont remember exactly when or how but I know I started as charmander with turtwig as the companion and theyre now charizard and torterra

The story is also great, and is way longer than the the one in red/blue. Definetly a must if you enjoyed the first MM
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    Actually, you can evolve even in the 2nd one (you need to finish the main story arc first tho)
    I dont remember exactly when or how but I know I started as charmander with turtwig as the companion and theyre now charizard and torterra

The story is also great, and is way longer than the the one in red/blue. Definetly a must if you enjoyed the first MM
    We are both talking about Explorers of Time/Darkness? Cos I finished the main story in Time and neither me nor my partner could evolve. Granted I had not fully completed the post-game story. In the first you could only evolve after finishing the main arc as well and so I expected to be able to evolve. Suffice to say I was disappointed and was done with the game from that point on.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are both talking about Explorers of Time/Darkness? Cos I finished the main story in Time and neither me nor my partner could evolve. Granted I had not fully completed the post-game story. In the first you could only evolve after finishing the main arc as well and so I expected to be able to evolve. Suffice to say I was disappointed and was done with the game from that point on.
    I think you might have to talk to some1. In the first game there is a cave beneath the wiskcahs (can't remember the name, but I do remember the area), not sure tbh

Did froget that I only played the first pmd and not the other two, only watched gates of infinity on marrilands channel, so there's that
    Last edited by king of lag; 2015-05-21 at 07:59 PM.

its taking them quite some time to announce the new game. if they dont announce it by e3 i wonder if we will get one this year. however with satoshi showing up at e3 i really cant see them NOT announcing one.

and theyve had yearly releases since platinum.

if we dont get one this year its gotta be new 3ds exclusive. or at the very least something bigger and different. but with satoshi showing up i think it will have something to do with gen 1. he hasnt had a major hands on role with pokemon since gen 3 when he stopped being the director and just became executive producer letting masuda do most of the work
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If you thought Sentret was badass, as a furret, it was key in taking down Whitney's dreaded Miltank with a crit Headbutt!

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    If you thought Sentret was badass, as a furret, it was key in taking down Whitney's dreaded Miltank with a crit Headbutt!
    It must be either glitch or cheats. No damn Furret could ever live THE Miltank.

10+ Year Old Account
    or severely overleveled
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    or severely overleveled
    Technically, it was underleveled if anything. Level 17 to Miltank level 19. I used 2 super potions in the process, but Furret indeed pulled through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It must be either glitch or cheats. No damn Furret could ever live THE Miltank.
    I for one would welcome Furret as our new ruler and overlord though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    I for one would welcome Furret as our new ruler and overlord though.
    Furret takes NO prisoners

15+ Year Old Account
    Furret takes NO prisoners

It looks like things might have got a little hairy. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!

That was bad.

I accidentally the whole movie...

Shouldn't try to check the file for video/sub quality, I always watch the whoel damn thing after that...

Yep, I was talking Time/Darkness. And if by main story you mean the dialga stuff , thats like 2/3 of the plot only, you have to play some more to be able to evolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    It looks like things might have got a little hairy. YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!

That was bad.
    I was gonna make a joke, but furret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

I accidentally the whole movie...

Shouldn't try to check the file for video/sub quality, I always watch the whoel damn thing after that...

gamefreak can still go fuck themselves for making me leave spikey eared pichu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna make a joke, but furret.
    (insert bad drum music here)

So...I picked my Sapphire Nuzlocke back up today. Did some grinding before crushing the Mossdeep Gym. Everything with Team Aqua and Kyogre went well too, no casualties and Kyogre caught in the masterball. However, the Sootopolis Gym was a different matter entirely. Went well at first, cleared the trainers and the puzzle with minimal effort. But everything changed when Milotic attacked! Leaf Blade took a good chunk of HP but Milotic fired back with Ice Beam, and though it didn't kill, the ensuing freeze hax took Sceptile out of the fight. With few options I went to Ursula my Tentacruel who was 10 levels lower than it. A few Sludge Bombs and some poison turns later, Milotic was done. With a single pokemon left, Wallace went out into Seaking. I went out into Breloom in order to take it on, he was higher level than Ursula and as long as Seaking didn't carry Peck, we'd be fine right? Milotic was surely his only threatening pokemon. It tanked a Sky Uppercut and set up a rain dance, activating it's Swift Swim ability. "Ok, so Water Pulse is just gonna hit harder now?" I said to myself. But that is when he revealed the terror. THAT is when I saw the text pop up, HORN DRILL. The move connected, and Breloom was stricken down in a single blow. With Sceptile frozen, I had little else to take a rain-boosted Water Pulse, so I went back out into Ursula who I knew would barely be phased by it. And at first, my plan worked. Water Pulse did little damage, and sludge bomb began to wear it down. Just when another Sludge Bomb would end it, and victory was within my grasp, I saw those four terrible words, "Seaking used Horn Drill." I was hopeful Ursula would be able to avoid the attack, but as she was 9 levels lower, the move hit, and Ursula was impaled like in the movie. It was not in vain, however, as as Ursula went down, the torrent of rain ceased, allowing me to go into another pokemon and finished the job. I chose Valor the Skarmory because with Sturdy, she was immune to the ohko moves and since the rain stopped, I felt she could take a Water Pulse now. Indeed, Water Pulse did some damage, but Air Cutter finally brought an end to Seaking and earned me my 8 and final badge. It was one hell of a battle, and I lost 2 valued party members, but we must fight on! Jaime the Spheal and Hulkster the Machop will be filling the void left by the deaths of Ursula and Funguy.

Seaking is THE King indeed. Someone got slightly rekt

10+ Year Old Account
    [Obligatory FUCK YEAH! SEAKING!]

Sorry for your losses though
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything