Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Physical Greninja is a thing, and people expect it to be special so it can caught peeps off guard. The difference in attacks it quite small afterall.
    It got some really nice goodies with the move tutor as well, picking up Ice Punch, Low Kick, and Gunk Shot.

Gunk Shot in particular was kind of big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Physical Greninja is a thing, and people expect it to be special so it can caught peeps off guard. The difference in attacks it quite small afterall.
    Ya, that is why most Greninja go mainly special attack with low kick or gunk shot as their sole physical moves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a physical greninja but dont use it that much mostly its my special sweeper greninja that i use, btw shadowsneak is also nice for physical greninja i think mixed is what people go with now.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-01-28 at 04:57 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account

*drools*

So, is Pokken like a trainer battle, but we get to control the pokemon further than what we do in normal Pokemon?
    Or is it just wild pokemon fighting each other?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have an ipad that they use to watch youtube or something like that?

for some reason it goes to the quality of 240 while auto makes it 360, not sure why...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can almost see Suicune's junk in that pic

Also, still needs less Suicune and more Hawlucha. Pikachu makes *SOME* sense... Suicune?? hell no doesn't make sense in a fighting game. May as well throw Primal Mega Rayquaza in there too
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    [IMG]http://serebii.net/pokken/9.jpg[/MG]

*drools*

So, is Pokken like a trainer battle, but we get to control the pokemon further than what we do in normal Pokemon?
    Or is it just wild pokemon fighting each other?
    I think you're a trainer who sends out the Pokemon and then you control the Pokemon. In the stream it looked like they picked trainers (though the default is that kid you see in your pic and I don't think they have any more than just him right now.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You can almost see Suicune's junk in that pic

Also, still needs less Suicune and more Hawlucha. Pikachu makes *SOME* sense... Suicune?? hell no doesn't make sense in a fighting game. May as well throw Primal Mega Rayquaza in there too
    He's a Pokemon, how does he not make sense in a Pokemon game? :/

They said they don't want it to just be fighting types. Shit's boring when you have the variety of 721 to choose from.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2015-01-28 at 05:52 AM. Reason: how to do numbarz
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Gota love fusions:

News:
    It has been announced that a fourth Pokémon related theme is to hit the Japanese 3DS Theme shop next month./ This theme is based on Pikachu and ties in with the upcoming Nintendo 3DS faceplate coming to Japan and Europe. This theme, Filled Pikachu, is coming out on February 14th for 200¥. It has a panoramic wallpaper of lots of Pikachu on both screens while it plays the PokéMart music from Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget guys, as of tomorrow!

HA Emboar!
    Code: POKEMON500
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    That 3DS theme makes me dislike Pikachu even more.

"Rather than 1 or 2 'chu's; HAVE 100!"
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Some more monotype battles (mostly normal team)

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206348127 (so many mistakes from my side)
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206333376 (Damn Fake Out, was a close battle. the random frozen saved me)
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206350554 (Was rather sure I would lose this when he had setup his Azumarill)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206350554 (Was rather sure I would lose this when he had setup his Azumarill)
    Pidgeot saves the day.

Was tauros choiced?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206348127 (so many mistakes from my side)
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-206333376 (Damn Fake Out, was a close battle. the random frozen saved me)
    And no one runs Normal type Gym/E4 team in our tournament :P
    It is a really cool type with lots of options.

So in the anime, when a Pokémon mega evolves, whatever accessory they had holding their megastoen disappear. But what would happen to any other extra stuff the mon might be carrying/wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Pidgeot saves the day.

Was tauros choiced?
    Life Orbed and Sheer Force, I believe Rock Climb would be the attack that would hit hardest due to Stab + Orb + Sheer Force. (other moves: EQ - Zen Headbutt - Fire Blast)

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 148-175 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
    252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Huntail: 199-235 (63.3 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Oh and Mega Pidgeot have been awesome. Hurricane confuse have saved me twice.
    Last edited by Perudo; 2015-01-28 at 09:17 PM.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

So in the anime, when a Pokémon mega evolves, whatever accessory they had holding their megastoen disappear. But what would happen to any other extra stuff the mon might be carrying/wearing?
    Well, any items they have, like a choice band or scarf. Some just have accessories for the sake of it like Ash's Squirtle and Krookodile with their glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    And no one runs Normal type Gym/E4 team in our tournament :P
    It is a really cool type with lots of options.
    Indeed, have had some fun battles on showdown with that team. Now I just have to stop derping when it comes to move pools and abilitys. (forgetting that Luxray can learn Superpower... that is a derp moment)

and here is a great piece of music.

http://youtu.be/m7C2SOc5juM
    Last edited by Perudo; 2015-01-28 at 09:20 PM.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Well, any items they have, like a choice band or scarf. Some just have accessories for the sake of it like Ash's Squirtle and Krookodile with their glasses.
    Clearly we need Mega Krookodile for the sole reason of knowing if he would keep his glasses on after mega evolving!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm battled some people today ran into a lot of blazikens haha i dont get why people have a problem against speed boost blaziken because even with protect on the first turn you can check it very easy and get rid of it.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Clearly we need Mega Krookodile for the sole reason of knowing if he would keep his glasses on after mega evolving!
    Mega Krookodile confirmed: