Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The thing about "The Community" is that you can't make claims like that and pretend that everyone would agree with it or enjoy it. I'm sure some of the community would enjoy them changing back to single raid size, and others would absolutely hate it. It sounds like a horrible idea to me, and I'm part of the community too.

Pretending that what you want is what the entire community wants and claiming that because the Developers don't make the game specifically for you they are out of touch with the community is just silly.
    Using a strawman defense in order to discredit my statement. If the only raid size available was 15m, tuning would be spot on and there wouldn't be any of this 10v25 shit that the community seems to have devolved into since Lich King and having to recruit 5 more people really isn't that monumental of a task for your 10m raiding guild. All in all the game would be more stable and there'd be less fiasco's like the smoldering essence nonsense that happened this week. Whether you personally would like it or not is irrelevant, the community as a whole would benefit from a more stable development platform.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    I just don't understand how to response to this. You like Trial of the 4 Platforms where only 2 groups actually have to switch platforms once for the first fight and Al'akir is simple tank and spank with don't stand in shit and isn't anymore awe inspiring than the 5 man that preceeded it?
    It's called a theme. And that bolding is to let you see that opinions are just that; opinions. I=/=everyone, you=/=everyone. You think you know things, but don't know anything. You talk about allocation of resources, yet focus solely on raids and how they don't appease you. Am I listening to WoW music right now because I'm a nerd? Maybe. Is it good? Yes. Do most people completely forget that there is money put into other things besides what raid you get to do? All the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand how to response to this. You like Trial of the 4 Platforms where only 2 groups actually have to switch platforms once for the first fight and Al'akir is simple tank and spank with don't stand in shit and isn't anymore awe inspiring than the 5 man that preceeded it?
    do the fight on heroic...then talk to me again

oh and im sure fights like Ignis or Razor was much more complex and challenging rite?....its ok opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2011-09-09 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    You liked it Ulduar because you had to grind it fast, and its shine didn't fade over time due to it lasting too like other content did(Same with TBC instances).
    TBC launched with Kara, Mags, Gruuls, SSC, TK, and Hyjal. BT, ZA, MgT, and Sunwell were the only raids/instances added to it during it's 2 year lifespan. The reason TBC instances didn't fade over time is because there was a constant stream of new players to the game which doubled the games size in that 2 years and new players were required to go through the motions and start with T4 and work their way up through the ranks.

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    do the fight on heroic...then talk to me again
    Yeah, because getting a frost DK that knows how to kite and a Sub rogue that won't die is hard stuff.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Blizz is collecting millions of dollars every month for every shit and we have to accept, that we get content that could be done by an apprentice. Why the hell is blizzard the only software company where all argue with dollars? We pay every month for this game, and get cheap solutions back.
    You do realize how much goes to maintaining the servers? It's expensive as hell every day they burn through a LOT maintaining servers.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    oh and im sure fights like Ignis or Razor was much more complex and challenging rite?....its ok opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink
    Ulduar had 14 fights and 9 hardmodes. And Ulduar hardmodes weren't like heroic modes are today where they simply throw more adds at you and turn up the damage to 11. Heroic mode today is what prenerf normal modes were for the first 4 years of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yup. Did you have any arguments about why it isn't?
    Desolace with lava + Ragnaros
    Truely Unique bro.

Making quality raids like Ulduar is expensive and challenging. Next time we will see something as epic as Ulduar it will be 25$ from blizzard store.

Here Here! Maybe the stars and the moon just aligned right and the designers/programmer and whoever else just happened to make a great raid (maybe the best?). The other is maybe because they just re-hashed naxx and made a easy Malygos and Sarfarion they really put the time, effort and money into it. I see alot posts pretty much saying same thing that Blizz makes crap to keep costs down or they do not have the people/talent.

I dont know why they have failed since but again I am one of the people who do think they rehash old content. For arguement sake I can't see why its not getting the talent and people. My god its Blizz!! They brag about all the money the make (or at least we do) so they should be able to afford the talent. I know some people would never work for Blizz but dang if they really wanted to they could offer more money than any other company practically, i.e. the Yankees, Red Sox. So it just seem again like its a company who wants to do it on the cheap and one of the reasons I'm sick and frustrated at WoW. They could give us so much better but do not.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Desolace with lava + Ragnaros
    Truely Unique bro.
    Wow, you're right. Clearly the Ragnaros fight is exactly the same as it was in Molten Core. Bro.

Making quality raids like Ulduar is expensive and challenging. Next time we will see something as epic as Ulduar it will be 25$ from blizzard store.
    Nope.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Here Here! Maybe the stars and the moon just aligned right and the designers/programmer and whoever else just happened to make a great raid (maybe the best?). The other is maybe because they just re-hashed naxx and made a easy Malygos and Sarfarion they really put the time, effort and money into it. I see alot posts pretty much saying same thing that Blizz makes crap to keep costs down or they do not have the people/talent.

I dont know why they have failed since but again I am one of the people who do think they rehash old content. For arguement sake I can't see why its not getting the talent and people. My god its Blizz!! They brag about all the money the make (or at least we do) so they should be able to afford the talent. I know some people would never work for Blizz but dang if they really wanted to they could offer more money than any other company practically, i.e. the Yankees, Red Sox. So it just seem again like its a company who wants to do it on the cheap and one of the reasons I'm sick and frustrated at WoW. They could give us so much better but do not.
    Blizzard has and is recruiting some of the most talented developers in the world. The problem is those developers aren't working on WoW anymore. They've moved on to the next big thing. If you're a developer are you going to continue to want to develop new content for WoW as it ages into obscurity or are you going to want to develop content for the most cutting edge next gen MMO that's going to ultimately replace WoW?

What many replying to this thread dont seem to understand is that OP didnt say he wanted ulduar revamped or the same raid again but that he wants the concepts of ulduar back.
    -A long/big raid with a lot of bosses.
    -Hardmodes beeing activated by doing something instead of just switching them on/off with a button (except mimiron lol)
    -Making hardmodes available in different difficulty levels. (Levi/yoggi/freya +0/+1/+2/+3/+4) Instead of making hardmodes in different difficulty lvls we have normal modes that are laughable easy today, a few easy hardmodes and one or two fights that REALLY are hardmode.
    -Longer fights with different phases like mimiron. we see this only used for endbosses today. every other boss is either only 1 phase, repetitive phases or phase 2 is only big raiddmge incoming (ryolith, bethi, shannox, alys after 3 air phases/phase 4, magmaul hc, maloriak hc, ....)

and stuff like that
    we dont want another ulduar. we only want another raid as great as ulduar with a lot of different mechanics, great design, cool lore background and the stuff stated above.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Ulduar.... until Leviathan encounter felt old and slow and all the gloss wore out. I wish there was way to skip all that BS vehicles fighting and just get to the boss lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    If they ever did that, that would be the obvious sing that they are lacking in creativity.
    That's like saying Valve should stop making FPS games when they're actually gods at making them. Doesn't mean you should completely derail the brand in order to make it something like Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    I loved Ulduar.... until Leviathan encounter felt old and slow and all the gloss wore out. I wish there was way to skip all that BS vehicles fighting and just get to the boss lol.
    You talk to Bran at the beginning and drive right up to FL and kill him.

Sure I liked ulduar too but I mean why is everyone pretending like the fights are so much different than the ones out now.
    Hi Sephurik

It's probably a creativity issue.

I don't believe that they don't know if a raid is going to be a hit or a miss. After years you know exactly how people will feel about it.
    I wouldn't say there is any really bad content. ToC wasn't great but it was still kinda fun to do. But Blizzard obviously knew that it wasn't one of their best creations but sometimes you have to make compromises. You can't always have the greatest ideas, like Ulduar, and they don't always work out the way you wanted them to.

There also will always be that one raid that you think is so freaking awesome and no other raid is going to live up to those standards. Blizzard still manages to release good content. It could have been a lot worse.

Deleted
    They've said it themselves, making a raid like Ulduar with "fun" ways to engage an encounter are confusing and overall annoying after you've done them 5 times. Even now, people still don't know how Flame Leviathan works exactly. Doesn't matter if you pug now or if you pugged then, if someone talked to Bran if you wanted hardmode (after they changed it) meant you couldn't hardmode unless you reset. Or, like I had 2 weeks ago, someone spoke to Mimiron for whatever reason thus eliminating our Yogg0 achievements and a chance for the mount. Oh and let's talk about how much fun it was having to hold DPS on XT if you couldn't handle hardmode, not/do kill trees on Freya, press a button on Mimiron or afk for a few minutes on Vezax once his HP was low enough. Honestly, I only think the Council was perfect, kill whatever boss you want last with adjusted loot (and the guy in between dropping the quest item).

What else was wrong about Ulduar? Maybe that you had to kill at least 9 bosses if you wanted to try for Yogg and his hardmodes. Sure you can extend, but can't waste the loot, meaning tedious clearing every week, for the more hardcore that included 10+25. Clearing it entirely meant killing 14 bosses, then the same 14 but easier. Honestly, Ulduar was the only raid so far where I got burned out. I farmed MH/BT 'till Sunwell was released, just hopped back to SSC/TK for some BiS pieces/attunements (or just the title later on) and did ZA in between for bears. Same with Sunwell, but SSC/TK were off the chart by then.

Ulduar was too big, and everything you thought was fun is excruciatingly tedious after you've done it a few times. Now I flick the switch, good to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    You talk to Bran at the beginning and drive right up to FL and kill him.
    That still requires that I drive and shoot things that are attacking the vehicles, which I am wishing for a way to skip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar was the perfect raid. no game, nor Blizzard themselves can top Ulduar. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Blizz is collecting millions of dollars every month for every shit and we have to accept, that we get content that could be done by an apprentice. Why the hell is blizzard the only software company where all argue with dollars? We pay every month for this game, and get cheap solutions back.
    Hey who's stopping you from giving it a try yourself. Start your own company and let's see what kind of crap you come up with...