LF a new RTS (similar to command and conquer, but not starcraft 1/2)

What is the best for 1v1 or 2v2 online RTS, not including C&C or SC2? i dont like "board game" video games either, like civ5.

It's not new but still freaking good - Company of Heroes. WW2 based RTS. Definitely one of the best out there at the moment.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    You could try age of empires online, it's actually free but you do have to pay for a lot of the advanced stuff.

Another vote for Company of Heroes

You can also try Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. It's a mix of both.

How about End of Nations? Its similiar to Command and Conquer, and nothing like Starcraft like you asked. And it'll be free to play!

Oh wait you asked for 1v1 or 2v2 :S End of Nations is a MMORTS with a lot of players

Deleted
    Battle for Middle Earth 2. It's pretty old, made in 2006, I think but the graphics are still decent and it's insanely addictive and good. Shame it's not for sale any more though, at least by legal means because EA lost the license but it's still playable on private servers and LAN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Battle for Middle Earth 2. It's pretty old, made in 2006, I think but the graphics are still decent and it's insanely addictive and good. Shame it's not for sale any more though, at least by legal means because EA lost the license but it's still playable on private servers and LAN.
    Online no longer works for it?

D:

I loved that game, especially on some of the custom maps. Create-a-hero was such a good feature as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Online no longer works for it?

D:

I loved that game, especially on some of the custom maps. Create-a-hero was such a good feature as well.
    Yea, it's sad, after losing the license, EA had to shut down the servers and stop selling the game. I think they made some fan private servers for it though.

It's funny though, I usually don't touch the games based on movies with a 5 foot pole because they're hastily made, boring, flashy and otherwise just bad but this one was really good.