Thread: Asus or MSI?

Usually, I'd say ASUS. No matter what, I'd almost never ever choose MSI over ASUS.
    This is possibly the only case I would.

Dual-slot DCII (ie, TOP) vs TwinFrozr II, you might as well go MSI. Triple-slotter Direct Cu II, I'd always go ASUS though.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MSI, Far superior cooling afaik.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    MSI owns the market atm. when it comes to cooling, so go for the MSI.

even the Gigabyte cards i have cools better then the Asus`s cards, plus the Asus`s cards are WAY TO BIG
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    MSI owns the market atm. when it comes to cooling, so go for the MSI.

even the Gigabyte cards i have cools better then the Asus`s cards, plus the Asus`s cards are WAY TO BIG
    I disagree. While I would rank Gigabytes cooling second as far as non-custom cooling goes, I would rank the Direct Cu II's as top-dawg.

MSI and their motherboards have ruined my trust in them. D: I'm not saying the TwinFrozr's are bad, by any means. But just not as good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a MSI Twin Frozor II HD6870 2GB card in my microATX case overclocked to 950Mhz Core Clock and 1150Mhz Memory Clock and that beast doesn't go past 60 degrees on load and there is very little cooling on the graphics card. Top notch cooling from MSI to be quite honest, I am highly impressed with the card to the point where I am considering a second for Crossfire and putting my single one back at stock settings.

15+ Year Old Account
    This youtube comparison might be something you could be interested about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt7_mHgwr98

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have a MSI Twin Frozor II HD6870 2GB card in my microATX case overclocked to 950Mhz Core Clock and 1150Mhz Memory Clock and that beast doesn't go past 60 degrees on load and there is very little cooling on the graphics card. Top notch cooling from MSI to be quite honest, I am highly impressed with the card to the point where I am considering a second for Crossfire and putting my single one back at stock settings.
    For reference, my HD6970 2GiB with a Direct Cu II, a bit higher end card with a bit higher TDP-value goes to 62°C during gaming load. With an overclock at 925MHz core and 1525MHz memory.
    At that temperature, the fans speed up to an obnoxious 18% though during full load. And that's too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    go with the msi you wont be dissapointed

i have the MSI and i can tell you, that card runs cool as a cucumber, and silent. I've cranked those fans to 100% just for fun and it doesn't even make a whisper.

I got a refurbished ASUS years ago for dirt cheap and it still works like a charm. If i disable all addons and am not in a major city (even with ALL the details maxed) I can still get up to 160 FPS, which god knows you don't need that much, but goddamn is it smooth!

so yeah I'd say Asus