Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play constantly on 200-400 MS, It sucks but when ever you switch to a higher internet speed, or just get better ping overall, it will make you better in the long run, for now try to deal with it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Its funny how people start talking about human reaction time when speaking about latency, they have litteraly nothing to do with eachother.

Imagine if you had 0.1 second lag on the nerves inside your body, that is the way you should be thinking, trust me you could feel the difference from having 0.01 and 0.1 second. Not how fast your brain are able to react to what it see, this is not the problem here. Your brain will still notice the 0.1 second lag on everything you do ingame. I know its hard to explain but im sure some of you will know what I mean.
    i completely understand what you mean, I was just comparing it vs reaction speed. Yes, .1 seconds lost is .1 seconds lost. But it's by no means horrible, and is in fact right around the average ms of "good to great" connections to the servers.

I feel sorry for all you americans having to deal with latencies over 100ms. The best I have ever gotten in Australia is ~210-220ms and i regularly sit at 250, this is even on the oceanic realms which are physically in the U.S. with the only difference being the realm time that is adjusted to AEST (GMT+10).

Quote Originally Posted by Iviker View Post
    Doesn't work.
    Yes, it does work. If it didn't work for you, then you did something wrong. I was at 150-200ms before using it, after using it, sub-50 ms all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I have usually 280-500 latency (Im from southeast Brazil), Leatrix Latency Fix made it drop to 160-200 so you might give it a try.

I can also confirm that the latency fix does indeed work, and I have used it for 3-4 years with great succes.

To explain in short what it does:

Without it your computer will request an ackknowledge on every single pack of data it gets from the wow server, if your computer doesn't answer emediately it will delay everything until it get the answer or it times out, this will result in higher latency.

With the fix your computer/the server wont expect the answer before sending the new packets = less latency.

Remember that this will be VERY bad on lines with packetloss, since you need to have those packets repaired (send again). But if you connection is fine this will always improve your connection.

Like this explaination from some webpage:

Before Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:
    Server: “Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over to you, got it?”
    Your computer: …
    Server: “Come on, answer me! I don’t have all day!”
    Your computer: …
    Server: “Ok, forget it, I’ve waited long enough, sending another one over! Got it?”
    Your computer: “Yep, got that one, also got the one you sent before, thanks.”
    Server: “Well, why didn’t you acknowledge the first one when I sent it? I was waiting ages!”
    Your computer: “Sorry, I’m just trying to make the network more efficient by bundling the acknowledgements together in pairs.”
    Server: “Nevermind efficiency, this isn’t a corporate domain you know. You do realise that the longer you take to acknowledge a packet, the more time I have to spend waiting around instead of sending more data?”
    Your computer: “Well sorry but this is how I’m setup by default.”
    After Leatrix Latency Fix is installed:
    Server: “Ok computer, I just sent a data packet over, got it?”
    Your computer: “Yep, send the next!”
    Server: “That was fast! Ok, here’s another, got that?”
    Your computer: “Yep, send the next!”
    Server: “Wow! What an improvement! Now that’s more like it! Much better than giving me the silent treatment so I am forced to wait for acknowledgement timeouts, isn’t it?
    Your computer: “Yep, it’s certainly keeping me on my toes, thanks!”
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-09-10 at 12:20 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    i completely understand what you mean, I was just comparing it vs reaction speed. Yes, .1 seconds lost is .1 seconds lost. But it's by no means horrible, and is in fact right around the average ms of "good to great" connections to the servers.
    No good to great is 30-50ms if I start to get higher in 80 I just unplug my modem 4-5 second replug it in (soft reset) and I am back to 30-50 for 3 month :P until i have to do this again lol

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    No good to great is 30-50ms if I start to get higher in 80 I just unplug my modem 4-5 second replug it in (soft reset) and I am back to 30-50 for 3 month :P until i have to do this again lol
    we are 2 playign at the sametime we both get 40 ms latency just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Derpdederp View Post
    I don't see why people think over 100 is high. I pvp on a sub rogue in 1800 rated arenas and its perfectly fine with 200ms. I can do less serious pvp with anything under 400 ms or pve.
    I live in Australia. I get ~400ms most times. Playing any melee class, especially Rogue is an exercise in frustration. I constantly have the 'out of range' message, despite standing 'on top' of my target I'm chasing to attack.

More recently I started paying for a tunneling service. I use Wtfast, and my latency has dropped to ~200ms. If you're in the US, and getting the same latency as me, then there must be a problem. Perhaps looking at a tunneling service could work for you too.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    More recently I started paying for a tunneling service. I use Wtfast, and my latency has dropped to ~200ms. If you're in the US, and getting the same latency as me, then there must be a problem. Perhaps looking at a tunneling service could work for you too.
    I was playing from a 3G wireless connection for a few months last year, I used this tunnel service with GREAT success during that time: http://www.wowtunnels.com/

They even have a FREE trial where you can test it out.

To explain what a tunnel service does:

You basically connect to their server some place much closer to you than directly from your IPS to the WoW server. Then the tunnel service have a super super fast connection from their server to the WoW server and this will reduce your latency greatly, and ignore any shitty traffic deal your ISP might have with the country/area your WoW server is placed.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-09-10 at 12:35 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Also just in case you all didn't know where to find locations of the datacenters, I wanted to post this just in case, or for anyone that wanted a nice list from out buddies over at wowwiki
    http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Thanks for the link saved me the trouble of doing it

I was going to point out that just because a realms time matches your local time does not mean its located close to your actual physical location. You should find where the data center your realm is on is actually located and go from there.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

That's pretty high considering the fact that I play in Singapore (Southeast Asia) and I'm getting 200ms average to Oceanic servers.