View Poll Results: What do you think the official music of gamers is?

Voters
465. This poll is closed
  • Dubstep

87 18.71%
  • Rock

130 27.96%
  • Techno

77 16.56%
  • Other

171 36.77%
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I don't know anyone outside of male teens who'd listen to dubstep so I figure its a peer thing and they'll all hate it in a few years. Chiptune is probably the music of gamers since nobody outside of gamers would ever listen to it.
    My girlfriend listened to it suddenly....i know...She told me it was great but i never gave ground.
    Luckily I managed to keep her from walking the forbidden path, and now ishe's straight again. But i only think she got into it by her angry male MW2 friends, so you're probably right.

its the designers and sound masters who decide what kind of music the game shall have.

most adventure, MMORPG and horror game is Ambient (atmospheric to the game) think of the music at Nagrand. or any other places at wow.
    most War games are orchestral music.

and Snowboard game contain mostly on Electronica (alternativ of techno) rock, trip hop and punk.

the gamers self or any other people in this world listen to what they like. I like Electronica, Psychedelic, alternativ rock and few others songs and i don't care if its "gay" music or other stupid reason why that genre sucks. I listen to enjoy!

as far as Dubstep. I never cared for it, its just random sounds for me. Dubstep, chill wave, Emo rock, etc are not official music genre. and chill wave, together with Emo is just a describe of the theme at the music. Emo rock is really just alternativ rock, and chill wave is just trance or house.

Quote Originally Posted by silfwerfisq View Post
    yes, yes it is. Dubstep is fairly new and exciting hence it's also better. Other genres like rock and such are old genres and dubstep is just an improvement of music in general. Until some other genre comes around dubstep will remain the best, just like rock was a couple of years ago or pop or synth or any other genre. It's just how it goes.
    hahahahahahaahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    <---21 <.<
    to be fair check any dubstep youtube video demographics and you'll see its dominated by the 13-17 male audience, or also known as the most impressionable herd mentality group in existence. I'm sure there are some legitimate dubstep fans but the vast majority are the obnoxious sort who makes threads such as this in the mould of "omg dubstep > other genres !!!!1111oneoneoneone" buying into the flock mentality of their peers. The giveaway is the sheer number of people who'll shout and defend their love of dubstep to the world, a clear sign of insecurity in their feelings for the genre. I guarantee in 5 years you'll never hear that word mentioned again except in discussions about how crazy kids were in 2010, its the equivalent of what Pogs were in 1998 basically.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just depents on what game, or what you are doing in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I had never heard of it till last year.
    Oh right that must mean that it never existed before then? That's some rock you live under.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to google what the f*** is dubstep.

@Topic
    No.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2011-09-10 at 03:22 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    to be fair check any dubstep youtube video demographics and you'll see its dominated by the 13-17 male audience, or also known as the most impressionable herd mentality group in existence.
    Shouldn't that title belong to teenage girls? Let's be fair..

Quote Originally Posted by Freakinweirdo View Post
    Dubstep is the official music for anyone who doesn't know a thing about music.
    This guy gets it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most WOW gamers listen to heavy heavy metal and stuff like "Pendulum" all the time. Which I find incredibly weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually dont know that many gamers. And only 4 of my rl friends actually play computer games. Out of those 4 and myself only one doesn't listen to Dubstep/DnB/electro house. BUT counting my ingame friends not many seemed to listen to dubstep. So for me the answer is "no. Dubstep is NOT the official music for gamers".

Funny how people start to discuss whether dubstep is good or not when something like that is 100% up to personal preference and cannot be proven either right or wrong. In essence, what many people like about dubstep is the release of a buildup into a "drop". Your mind is expecting it, waiting for it so when it occurs dopimin is released in our brain. Just like it is with any other music for other reasons.

It's disco, obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Look at how they butchered this classic Tiesto track

ORIGINAL:
    youtube /watch?v=EUkZ6QHTRP0

DUBSTEP:
    youtube /watch?v=SowBgOrvK3k
    Yeh that is quite horrible. But it doesn't mean it's all bad. I love trance, but I enjoy dubstep from time to time. What is really awesome is chillstep tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZP_kxcTgKk
    Goes great with http://www.rainymood.com/
    Awesome music if you want to relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y
    This is also very nice, even if it's labled as dubstep.

But to get to the OP's question, what the hell are you talking about? I hate it when people have to label everything and everyone around them. This is metalhead, discoboy, hopper... I mean if you only listen to one music genre, you have nothing to compare it to. There is bad music and good music, the genre doesn't matter. There is good rap, there is good metal, there is good dubstep. Music isn't ALL OR NOTHING. You can pick whatever you like.
    My music folder has a lot of trance / electronic music, but also stuff like Tool, REM, Queen, Deep Purple, Linkin Park, Kansas, Barenaked Ladies, Eminem, Manu Chao, Mike Oldfield.. I even have two Andrea Bocelli records here. What does that make me? Stop trying to label world around you please.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

This topic was created "Today 03:59 AM" and already have 21 pages with tears, that's pretty amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright. First the topic makes no sense.. "official video game music"?

second this is just flaming and basically about dubstep which..has it's own thread in the music forums.

[Locked]