Were Battlegroups removed / merged or what?

I still don't understand this. This was changed sometime in WOTLK.

I thought all Battlegroups removed and now you can queue against any server unless it's arena.

But then I always hear people crying how alliance still lose bgs 24/7. Not on my server. Alliance always win.

So are they merged or not wtf is this.

Deleted
    Battlegroups are merged, but not entirely gone. They've grown bigger and some have merged into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are Alliance, Horde always wins; if you are Horde, Alliance always wins. It's the rule of nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

Deleted
    There was a Blue post on this a few weeks back. They have implemented some sort of dynamic mergeing that kicks in when there not many people on line. I noticed it happening very early one morning when i joined AB and it was full of people from french servers. This now is the norm from about 0500 am UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadock View Post
    If you are Alliance, Horde always wins; if you are Horde, Alliance always wins. It's the rule of nature.
    lol why did I even ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadock View Post
    Generally that is just a mind trick. The human mind remembers failure more than success, and therefore we have this impression that our faction loses more than the other. according to my statistics I have slightly more bg wins than losses, but I feel like I lose all the time. that's just how it is.

Anyway, Battlegroups still exist for organization and statistic reasons, but cross server pvp (bgs/arenas) pick players from all battlegroups.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Are all EU realms/battlegroups merged already?