Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC - i used xperl with mouseovers
    Wrath - same ^ but then vuhdo was improved for other class's instead of druids so switched to vuhdo
    cata - Vuhdo

VuhDo has came a long way in the past years it can do alot of things(run macro's,trinkets just by clicking on their name)

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/vuhdo.aspx

As a raid frame addon is concerned and having used both Vudho and Grid, i'd reccomend using Grid all the way. For me it is so customisable to a degree that you can raid without DBM, BigWigs etc (exaggerating to make a point). I used to heal like you for a good 3 years and then forced to change my style after an application i made. It was the best thing i did and it improved my game a lot. I personally use mouseover macros along with Grid and Clique and i've never had a problem. Sure until you get used to it, your healing will suck but as you play your healing will improve.

On the rare occasion that I healed, I used Grid, Clique and mouseover macros since I lack buttons on my mouse.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo all the way... Been a while since I've healed on my pally though, but Vuhdo > all in my opinion.

I use VuhDo, it really rocks.
    Kinda off-topic but does anyone know why VuhDo sometimes bugs if you have something bound to your scroll up/down? (For me it's the Beacon but it happens on every char), instead of zooming in/out, while the cursor is not on the VuhDo frame, it casts the spell? Kinda annoying if you zoom in a lot right before a boss and then suddenly find that you're stuck healing from a first person perspective (Lord Rhyolith *twitch*).

Deleted
    I used to use grid+clique but since im more and more pvping i use blizz frames and no addons at all, the frames are actually really good, i dont need anything more.

I use grid and a naga as well and im top on the chat's

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help]Divine Light;Divine Light

this is how my mouse over macros looks like
    Ive never understood why people add all that extra to it, exists nodead just mean target isnt dead and you have your mouse over a target lol.

I do use #showtooltip too tho, its nice for being able to mouseover a button and see mana cost if you're curious, also picking the red [?] icon #showtooltip will use the default icon for the spell.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover]heal

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Healbot. It's extremely easy to configure, particularly for custom things like seeing who has Forbearance (great for multiple pally raids), who's been Pain Suppressed, how many stacks of Torment someone has, who used their 'oshi-' button, etc etc. There's a lot of visual customization options to it too, which I like as well. I don't really like the square look of Grid.

To be honest though, the best addon is the one you're the most comfortable with. We can tell you our suggestions til we're blue in the face, but if you just can't get used to Healbot or Vuhdo or whatever, then it's all pointless.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-09-10 at 06:23 PM.

I have tried them all and just liked the way Vuhdo worked. I also have a naga mouse so I have a ton of stuff bound lol
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Deleted
    Healing in general like most other healing classes, is proactive or reactive. If you learn to predict or react to damage you'll do well as a healer. I for one use grid with mouseover macros.

grid plus clique = win

Xperl for raid frame thats all you need

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I have used Grid plus Mouseover Macros since I started healing in Wrath. Can't imagine doing it any other way now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Ok so I looked at Mouseover macros... I must be stupid or something because I don't understand. Basically it's

/target mouseover
    /cast Divine Light

right? so basically it's exactly the same way as I currently heal only I don't click the target and press 1, i just move my mouse over them and press 1 and it selects them for me without the click? or am I totally and utterly confused and reading the wrong things? lol
    My mouseovers look like this, "/cast [@mouseover,exists][] Holy Light". Also, its nice to put "#showtooltip" in the first line to make it show the icon and info. At first it will feel odd healing like this, because you don't need to target someone. As long as you put your mouse over their character frame (like in grid) or even over their in game character, whatever you cast is on them. This is can be extremely useful because then you can keep a boss targeted at all times and be able to see what he is doing, casting, hp % etc. Or you can keep your tank targeted to keep an eye on him. But overall, it is an extremely efficient way to heal, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    <--- Not a pally but I love vuhdo, with Vuhdo you can also mouseover the target in your raid frames and use keyboard keybinds, not just mouse binds so it's basically mouseover macros without needing to write your own macros.

Ex. Person A needs healing, mouseover person A and hit 1

Also Vuhdo frame style and layout is extremely editable if you take the time to figure it out and I haven't tried it but if you are very attached to Grid I'm pretty sure Vuhdo has global mouseover macros that will work outside of the vuhdo frames which you can then close.
    Last edited by DismalNether; 2011-09-11 at 06:50 AM.

Grid+Clique all the way (not a paladin but well where's the difference)

tried everything, nothing beats grid
    i can imagine using clique for something like LoH or dispels, but healing spells? Unless maybe you have razor naga mouse, shame on you in that case
    Last edited by Tokas; 2011-09-11 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't heal on my pally, but after trying a number of healing add ons on my shaman, i dumped them all, couldnt stand them. i'm considering mouse over macros just because sometimes a click doesn't take, which can be deadly. but that's the only issue i've ever had with healing without add ons.

Tbh a good raid frame addon isn't about the visuals but about the utility the bring and how well can represent what is going on in the raid. You can't raid properly if you can't track the debuffs the boss applies, the tanking cooldowns, other paladin spells on ppl so as not to burn yours. These things are essential if you want to be effective in a raid environment. As long as a raid frame addon can give you these things, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Deleted
    Honestly, this is more of a preference thing than anything.

I personally use Grid + mouseover macros. I used to heal the same way as you do, targeting the people on Grid and heal with the heals key bound, which is perfectly fine as well. I tried Clique one day (the addon where you can assign spells to mouseclicks, as built in into Vuhdo). I didn't like it at all, mainly because I was so used to the keybinds I had, and found it annoying having to click all the time, as opposed to mouseover healing.

Bottom line is: go with whatever you're the most comfortable with.
    Last edited by mmoc2f3989ad45; 2011-09-11 at 11:47 AM.