10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Diablo 3 Beta e-mail scams

Greetings fellow gamers,

just wanted to give you a heads up that I received an e-mail with the title Diablo 3 Beta invitations stating that I need to return my information, that is, battle.net e-mail, password, first name blahblah, in order to become eligible for the D3 Beta. The e-mail was sent from noreply@blizzard.com and I tracked it further to diablo3@d3-blizzard.com.

While the addresses may seem legitimate to someone who never took the time to check, they are not. Nobody is ever going to ask you for your password except when you are logging into Battle.net or a game, do not believe this, delete the e-mail and if you're even more paranoid run an antivirus and antispyware check.

Additional note: the e-mail came to an address that I have stopped using for WoW a long time ago, and instead have a new one when the battle.net merge became mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I don't get: HOW DO they get your E-Mail address?

This has bugged the shit out of me. At least Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail FINALLY have Speeping Spam Block which allows you to stop the emails after the first time. Another thing people should be aware is in some cases, these Phishing emails usually send an automated message back to the sender to let them know the message had been opened. This is to let them know the email is still being used by someone and even if they get no response they'll try again with a different email. To prevent that, just delete the email and block the sender without ever opening it.

A general rule of thumb to remember: Blizzard will NEVER e-mail you PERIOD. End of story. If you need something, ALWAYS call or use a GM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D