Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pixxel View Post
    Even if it does happen, people will rush to defend the woman, saying that probably it was the man's fault.
    I remember reading on a case about how a woman killed her 3 children, people blamed the husband for leaving her alone at the house with the kids.
    this probably has a bit of truth to it.
    People are quick to blame a man.
    Women get the benefit of the doubt, especially pretty and small ones.

i'd also personally like to say i despise the old "don't hit women" bs. you're either willing to hit another human or you're not. any woman who thinks it's ok for a man to hit another man but not another women is not interested in equality. any man who subscribes to this line if thinking does not think of women as an equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    And I gotta say that this "love is conditional" bantering just doesn't make sense. ALL love is conditional.
    Couldn't get this any more right.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    That really is a shitty situation to have to deal with. Sorry you had to go through that, and I'm glad she's your ex rather than your current.

That profanity law sounds rather out of date, on a side note.
    i grew up with domestic violence so it wasn't exactly a shock to the system. it's why i'm single and probably gonna stay that way now. i have my kids all week, i get to be a dad with no stress at all from a relationship and i'm simply not mad as much. you live and learn so i wouldn't change a thing. my life is fine.

Well, a man isn't going to report if hes woman has beat him up somehow, even though he doesn't want to hit her. But women generally take the psychic method of abuse which then leads to men going to physical side of the argument, why? We're better with our fists then our words perhaps?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i grew up with domestic violence so it wasn't exactly a shock to the system.
    Doesn't make it any less shitty. Although I'm happy you found a way to cope and live your life in a way that is enjoyable to you. Good for you. Many survivors of domestic abuse aren't that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiso94 View Post
    Well, a man isn't going to report if hes woman has beat him up somehow, even though he doesn't want to hit her. But women generally take the psychic method of abuse which then leads to men going to physical side of the argument, why? We're better with our fists then our words perhaps?
    It's reeeally not OK to respond to insults and such with physical violence...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiso94 View Post
    We're better with our fists then our words perhaps?
    You're obviously not a smooth talker then eh? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    It's reeeally not OK to respond to insults and such with physical violence...
    It's no better to mentally torture someone to the point where they just snap and things get physical. You can't run someone emotionally into the ground and then cry foul when they snap.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanks120y View Post
    It's no better to mentally torture someone...
    No one said it was. Retaliating is never the answer though.

It's no better to mentally torture someone to the point where they just snap and things get physical. You can't run someone emotionally into the ground and then cry foul when they snap.
    Get away from the person before you snap. I know EXACTLY how this feels, and I regret a lot of shit I did in my life for snapping. Just get away. Learn to recognize when someone is wearing you down, and GET AWAY.

Even if you think you love her, if she's psychologically abusing you, she doesn't love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get away from the person before you snap. I know EXACTLY how this feels, and I regret a lot of shit I did in my life for snapping. Just get away. Learn to recognize when someone is wearing you down, and GET AWAY.

Even if you think you love her, if she's psychologically abusing you, she doesn't love you.
    I've done things I'm not proud of either, sometimes it's not as simple as just walking away though.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I have a policy with my female friends - if they have an abusive boyfriend, I'll break my non-violence rule and kick their teeth in.

Luckily, while my female friends often have poor taste in men they know better then to hurt them. And I really do want my friends to find good guys.

And personally I hate people being afraid around me. Most people are to start with (even if they don't admit it) because I'm big and rough looking, but I'm overly gentle to compensate for that. I'd never hurt anyone I remotely cared about, and I don't understand why some men get power trips off it. To me its like beating a kid at a game and gloating about it - just pathetic behaviour of someone who's afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    was she sentenced?
    Obviously. Stabbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I've done things I'm not proud of either, sometimes it's not as simple as just walking away though.
    Never said it was simple. It's usually very, very, VERY hard. People who abuse others psychologically usually have their way of destroying their victim's self-esteem, making them believe that they would be utterly hopeless without their abusers, that nobody would ever want the victim but them, and subtly and progressively destroying any sense of self-worth and self-reliance the victim has.

It's hard. Get help if you need. But you gotta get out of it someway.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say an experience, but my cousin doesn't report it or do anything back. (This isn't the first time, or last, that she's abused him.)

Pretty much his wife and him were sleeping over with their baby after we had them over for a family get together 'party' thing; other cousins and aunts/uncles were over. Anyways, she told him to come upstairs at 1 AM and he was like 'okay, okay' and instead he stayed downstairs until 3-4 hanging out with us watching movies and playing games and all of a sudden she comes down all pissy because the baby woke up and started yelling at my cousin and kicked him in the ribs two times as hard as she could, and proceeded to slap him and walk upstairs.

He's a big guy, so he could easily defend himself.. but he's also a respectful guy and doesn't hit women (which I agree with) but I would tell him to get some help for her. She's a total bitch and crazy for absolutely no reason.

Worse thing is he actually went upstairs and went to sleep with her. In the morning, when I woke up and went out to grab some food from the kitchen (7 AM) they were gone.

I feel bad for him and I wish he had gotten her deported as she was illegal before she married him. Lol. Oh well, too late now, still feel bad for him. I've never been in an abusive relationship such as that nor would I ever hit my significant other. I might hit a woman depending on how much I'm being pushed: if she's trying to hurt my significant other I am dropping her.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-09-10 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women abuse their male partners equally as frequent as males abuse their female partners. It is one of the lowest reported criminal offences, however, and thus scarce in documentation. This is known as the "dark figure"; when crimes occur but are not reported, this throws off the statistics of frequency.

Deleted
    I remember there was an article about a guy how passed out on a party and woke up to being sucked off, so he sued the girl, if that makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrucha View Post
    I remember there was an article about a guy how passed out on a party and woke up to being sucked off, so he sued the girl, if that makes you feel better.
    hahaha, I hope he won, just for the lulz factor. And I hope she got thrown on a sex offender's list and had her life ruined by it.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrucha View Post
    Dah..........What?! WHAT?!