10+ Year Old Account
    This show has something against bald people I tell you....they like their protagonists with giant hair
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why Nappa died off so soon isn't it? I knew it! I always knew he was meant for more!
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

There's 3 Anime that I can't watch the Japanese version of:

Yu-Gi-Oh... Pokemon ... And DBZ (Haven't watched any of the other Dragonball series)

Perhaps it's just the fact that they're just Childhood treasures that I find it off putting and strange to hear the Japanese versions ... Especially considering nowadays any Anime I watch I think the English Dubs are HORRIBLE.

Either that, or the English dubs (Apart from a few annoying characters) for those shows were just oddly good.

Question:

Did Future Trunks only turn Super Saiyan in the Broly & Bojack movies?
    Or did he turn Ascended Saiyan in one or both of those movies?

In my opinion he only went Super Saiyan.

Some people cite the fact his jacket ripped to shreads in the Broly movie suggests he went to the ascended saiyan level.
    I believe this to be simply theatrics.

He also looks very similar in both movies.

I know Dragon ball wiki cites it that he went Ascended in both films, however there is no direct indication in either films and it's purely speculation. Also in the talk part of the pages its in dispute among editors.

Just wondering if any one knows of any other sources where there is a a more clear indication of his forms in the films. Perhaps manga or a proper japanese translation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movies aren't a source of canon material and add nothing to the main plot, so you can pretty much assume whatever you like

^ As simple as that post was, it actually gave me peace of mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooler is canon because it has a Space Frenchmen in it.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    My turn to ask a question!

Can anyone please tell me what Gohan meant by "still five" in response to Krillin's "all she needs is a little wink wink nudge nudge *whistle*?? Happens at 01:28...

Did he mean "still five dragonballs left"? Or something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    He meant that he's five and Krillin shouldn't be talking about the innuendo around him.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    He's Telling Krillin that he (Gohan) is still only 5 years old and that he shouldn't be saying such things to him.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaah yes that makes a hell of a lot more sense, why didn't I get that joke -_-

Now that I do get it, ROFL that's hillarious!

its pretty fucking hilarius, but,

3:29
    "ohhh no that minion died, could you go fix that and we'll continue this conversation never."

Again at 4:25
    Freeza: Ginyu hurry up! double time! Zarbon really screwed the pooch on this one
    Zarbon: Lord Freeza! Vegeta's really giving us a pounding!
    Freeza: I coming Zarbon! QUICK GRAB MY BALLS!!!

More at 10:38
    Vegeta: Now let me pput this in a way you'll understand: I'm about to blow my load all over you insides.
    Zarbon: ... What... the...
    Vegeta: No homo.... BOOOOM

The sexual innuendos with zarbon is fucking hilarius.
    Also, my favourite character in DBZ Abridged is definitely Freeza and then Vegeta. Their script is great and the voice actors do them soo well.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget:

Goku: My butt is flaming!!

Freeza: ...I miss Zarbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    The sexual innuendos with zarbon is fucking hilarius.
    Also, my favourite character in DBZ Abridged is definitely Freeza and then Vegeta. Their script is great and the voice actors do them soo well.
    I had a friend back at school and the only thing you could get out of him were homosexual/dick references all day, he would twist almost every line into a gay reference like Zarbon, typically aiming them at me or pretty much any guy he talked to. I think he was just trying to be funny at first, but after almost 3 years of nothing other than talking about homosexuals/dicks all day (sarcasm or not) I was pretty much 99% sure he was gay......and then out of fucking nowhere I find out he's going out with some girl in our class and I was like "whaa...what the hell is going on??" So I just assumed he was bisexual and left it at that to stop the situation confusing me further :P

As for fav character, it'd be a tough call between Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo for me. Piccolo doesn't get as many lines as the other two but still hilarious with his frustrated shouts

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    As for fav character, it'd be a tough call between Vegeta, Freeza and Piccolo for me. Piccolo doesn't get as many lines as the other two but still hilarious with his frustrated shouts
    One of my favorites.

This video also made me notice the charging song is the exact same both times haha.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Goku didn't hit Piccolo with the Spirit Bomb. Hitting Goku with the Special Beam Cannon was kind of a dick move.

Also, we probably won't see this for a few years, but I wonder if Goku will do the charging song while Vegeta fights Kid Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    At least Goku didn't hit Piccolo with the Spirit Bomb. Hitting Goku with the Special Beam Cannon was kind of a dick move.
    Well yeeeeah but back then Picollo was SUPPOSED to be a dick, he wanted Goku dead just as much as he wanted Raditz dead. Two kills with 1 attack, doesn't get better than that.

But yeah the "da daaa da daa-da, ima chargin my attack" parts were pure gold. Especially when I recall the original attacks taking insanely, insanely long to charge up (as opposed to DBZ Kai's much faster pacing).

IMO the TFS series really hits home to everyone who has a fairly good memory of all the DBZ episodes and characters but hasn't seen it in a long time since they were kids. So when I showed it to my brother (he's only seen Kai) he's like "whoa, Goku fell off snake way??" and "wait, when did Goku learn Kaio ken / spirit bomb?" and "huh? Bulma and the guys landed on a fake Namek and then ran into an invisible ship?". Fillers fillers filllersssssss.

Hmm actually I'm a bit pissed how Kai completely skips Goku learning those two abilities, it only shows a 10-second "recap" at the start of the next episode of something that wasn't even shown in the previous one. It wouldn't have taken more than 1-2 minutes to show how Goku learned that stuff.

Also the censoring of blood/etc. That's just fucking stupid. Even 8-year-olds today are fine with seeing blood get splattered on their favorite TV shows so why was that decision made with Kai, especially when the majority of the audience would now be aged 17-20+. It skips moments like when Piccolo finishes off Raditz with a point-blank blast.
    I downloaded "DBZ Remastered" which is all the 297 DBZ episodes with the blood and widescreen, it's great! It doesn't have the same voices as the original though (how many goddamn versions/voices did DBZ english dubs go through?!), it becomes obvious when Vegeta says "it's over 9000" in a far less dramatic voice.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-24 at 04:24 AM.

Found a Piccolo highlight reel!
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Also, we probably won't see this for a few years, but I wonder if Goku will do the charging song while Vegeta fights Kid Buu.
    Assuming they go that far, I can definitely see that. of course, instead of Piccolo, it's Vegeta who has to distract Buu, but I definitely see a callback.

I personally hate kai.

Although filler drove me crazy as a kid, and I always wanted to get to the action, I still fell in love with it. DBZ isn't the same without it, and as a kid the movies didn't need to make canonical sense, they just had to be awesome. That's why I don't discriminate against any of the stuff that existed when I was a kid with DBZ... the new stuff however Tarble, SSJ Bardock... with that Kai animation YUK. do not want.

you can't really improve nostalgia ... beside remastering it..
    anything other then the original is just a copy.
    Kai animation compared to classic animated... If it ain't broke... don't fix it.