Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Anybody think the scene with Frieza impaling Krillin with his horn was the most cruel of all DBZ?
    i were pretty shocked as a kid when i first saw it. It was awesome though, but i didnt expect such violence to happen in a game.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody think the scene with Frieza impaling Krillin with his horn was the most cruel of all DBZ?
    I'd put Super Buu blowing up one of the shooters from the inside up there, though it isn't quite as impactful because you kind of feel he deserved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    cell draining the life out of the fat guy was pretty gruesome

Deleted
    Alright something else to think about: couldn't they have used zenkai powerups throughout the series?

Buu too strong? Every day let yourself be nearly killed and let Dende heal you, I say every day because the body probably needs to recover a little too, so once every day.

Would be a cheating way though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright something else to think about: couldn't they have used zenkai powerups throughout the series?

Buu too strong? Every day let yourself be nearly killed and let Dende heal you, I say every day because the body probably needs to recover a little too, so once every day.

I can think of two reasons.

One, the boosts from Zenkai are completely random. After Vegeta was healed from fighting Recoome, he was stronger than Goku when he landed on Namek. After that, both of them received one Zenkai boost, Goku from his Captain Ginyu fight, Vegeta from getting Krill-owned. Yet after they heal, Goku was much stronger than Vegeta.

Two, if they did that, and did end up becoming much stronger, Toriyama would have just made the enemies stronger.

Also, if i recall correctly, Namek healing uses their own energy, though not on a 1:1 ratio. If on a daily basis, Dende would eventually be unable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post

Its real...
    i'd say that pixel looks more like broly than goku.obviously broly is now searching earth for goku yelling kakarot at random intervals.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account

Makes you wonder why Frieza ever thought using Saiyans was a good idea.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Makes you wonder why Frieza ever thought using Saiyans was a good idea.
    Well, he did wipe them out simply because one of the lower-class Saiyans (Bardock) had reached 10,000, and I think Vegeta's dad was about the same, so Frieza wiped them out when the strongest were at about 1/12000 of his strength, so he did make sure to get rid of the problem at the very first sign of trouble, even though it wasn't even trouble at the time.

...And then he kept the strongest one alive and continued sending him on missions...
    ...And he was unaware of Cooler's prick move of letting Goku escape...

Why could speculate that zenkai has diminishing returns when spammed. Has some sort of internal cooldown.

Or maybe there is a correlation between the amount of effort ur body/spirit/mind exerts during a battle.

Goku probably gets the hat trick for all of his effort in the three categories.

Vegeta always seemed more synthetic so he's probably mainly body.

When Goku has his body taken he says something like "you'll never understand the key to unlocking the power in my body" so right there as I understand it there is more to Goku than raw strength. I don't think Vegeta has that, but if he did, he would far surpass Goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    goku has more spritual power than vegeta

vegeta has more physical power.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Why could speculate that zenkai has diminishing returns when spammed. Has some sort of internal cooldown.

Or maybe there is a correlation between the amount of effort ur body/spirit/mind exerts during a battle.

Goku probably gets the hat trick for all of his effort in the three categories.

Vegeta always seemed more synthetic so he's probably mainly body.

When Goku has his body taken he says something like "you'll never understand the key to unlocking the power in my body" so right there as I understand it there is more to Goku than raw strength. I don't think Vegeta has that, but if he did, he would far surpass Goku.
    I've always believed that about Zenkai too personally. The more the warrior puts his spirit, mind and body into the battle despite all odds and still gets his ass kicked the more bonus the Zenkai has. It's a sayian trait that rewards them for that fighting spirit, to face a challenge without fear despite all odds.

For example Vegeta boosted the most after fighting Reccome for a couple reasons. First off he went all out physically, that's a given. But secondly, he was all in, spirit and mind as well(a rare thing for early vegeta). He knew he was outclassed(up until this point being stronger was always his main advantage), yet this was his only chance to finally get back at Frieza. It was them or him, not even his fight with Goku on Earth had such high stakes to him. He even defended others during the fight as opposed to blowing up Nappa.

Then lets look when he gets Krill-owned. It was fake, cowardly(from the POV of a saiyan) desperation move that Vegeta tried to pull. The Vegeta of the Buu saga would spit on that coward of a Vegeta. The polar opposite to above. I honestly think if he would of fought Frieza without fear in his heart and got his ass kicked, then got healed, he would of been stronger then what he tried to pull.

Now lets look at Goku. He trains to fight Freiza at 100x gravity constantly thinking about the impossible battle that awaits him and saving his friends. As a Saiyan, there is nothing more invigorating. His Zenkai is what is even fueling his training. Every time he eats a bean he's able to do much more gravity. Yet training does not compare to a battle for a saiyan so the boosts are not that big. When Goku gets his body broken by a powered up Vegeta when Ginyu is in his body with a puny 10,000 power level and no defense, It's probably one of the biggest beatings Goku's body ever took. Meanwhile Goku's spirit and mind is fighting to stay alive constantly in Ginyu's dying body, and he even manages to get it into semi-fighting shape. Every aspect of goku was pushed the absolute limit during that fight and not once did he feel fear. This is why once he got back together again he was at a whole new fucking level.

It's the same reason why Goku stops training so intensely during the Cell saga. He finally realized himself there's more to increasing a saiyans power then just mastering the body. Probably partially due to what happened to him on Namek and thinking about it in the time chamber.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-20 at 08:43 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    goku has more spritual power than vegeta

vegeta has more physical power.
    What does that even mean?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    snap
    when did Vegeta own Krillin during the Frieza saga? I don't remenber it !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    when did Vegeta own Krillin during the Frieza saga? I don't remenber it !
    It was Krillin who "owned" Vegeta when Vegeta lowered his defenses and told Krillin to blast him to near death, so that Dende could heal him up, get a zenkai, and stand up to Frieza. He was convinced that he was close to become the super saiyan, and that that last zenkai was all that he needed to do it.

The funny part is, Vegeta was right. It could have been him, and not Goku, to become the first super saiyan. But he gave up hope, and we all know how that ended. Like a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    It was Krillin who "owned" Vegeta when Vegeta lowered his defenses and told Krillin to blast him to near death, so that Dende could heal him up, get a zenkai, and stand up to Frieza. He was convinced that he was close to become the super saiyan, and that that last zenkai was all that he needed to do it.

The funny part is, Vegeta was right. It could have been him, and not Goku, to become the first super saiyan. But he gave up hope, and we all know how that ended. Like a bitch.
    Mind you, I don't know what zenkai is, I used to watch Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z as a very young kid, then I watched it up to Cell's saga and I saw some episodes of the boo saga and that's it. There's a lot I don't remenber !

I always felt sad that Vegeta couldn't take on Goku though, I kinda felt bad because it seems to me that that's all he always wanted in life, and he feels ashamed that a lower person than him (in his views) ended up being ''superior''. Though I guess his cheeky, arrogant and proud behaviour is the cause of that...

''realistically'' speaking, could Vegeta ever defeat Goku ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind you, I don't know what zenkai is, I used to watch Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z as a very young kid, then I watched it up to Cell's saga and I saw some episodes of the boo saga and that's it. There's a lot I don't remenber !

I always felt sad that Vegeta couldn't take on Goku though, I kinda felt bad because it seems to me that that's all he always wanted in life, and he feels ashamed that a lower person than him (in his views) ended up being ''superior''. Though I guess his cheeky, arrogant and proud behaviour is the cause of that...

''realistically'' speaking, could Vegeta ever defeat Goku ?
    Zenkai is the name of the Saiyan healing trait where they become stronger after recovering from injuries.

And technically, Goku has never beaten Vegeta. The first time they fought, Vegeta crushed Goku and put him in a full body cast. He only lost due to the combined efforts of Gohan, Krillin and Yajirobe, and the remnants of the spirit bomb. The second time, Vegeta KOed him, though there is an asterisk in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Zenkai is the name of the Saiyan healing trait where they become stronger after recovering from injuries.

And technically, Goku has never beaten Vegeta. The first time they fought, Vegeta crushed Goku and put him in a full body cast. He only lost due to the combined efforts of Gohan, Krillin and Yajirobe, and the remnants of the spirit bomb. The second time, Vegeta KOed him, though there is an asterisk in that fight.
    Thanks for clarifying that up! Also-

What's the second time you're referring to? when vegeta is possessed by majin?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the second time you're referring to? when vegeta is possessed by majin?
    Yeah. Several asterisks in that fight. Vegeta won, but he got help from an outside source, Goku was holding back his SSJ3, and the KO blow came after they had stopped fighting. Still, clear win for Vegeta in their first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Yeah. Several asterisks in that fight. Vegeta won, but he got help from an outside source, Goku was holding back his SSJ3, and the KO blow came after they had stopped fighting. Still, clear win for Vegeta in their first fight.
    oh yeah, I see.

Man I love their first fight, it's so amazing. One of my favourite moments though, is when Vegeta dies and begs Goku to kill Frieza.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:11 PM ----------

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Trailer 3 has been released! It features some new scenes with Goku taking on Bils, the God of Destruction! Toward the end it also mentions a mysterious Super Saiyan God!

What is Super Saiyan God?
    Well, according to Dragon Ball wiki

Super Saiyan God is a Super Saiyan form even beyond Super Saiyan 3. It appears in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

Super Saiyan God is the legend among legends. This mightiest being passed down to the Saiyans, the mightiest warriors in the universe, holding wondrous legends.

Since DBGT was not done by Akira Toriyama Ssj4 doesn't count here! Hence, The true level above Super Saiyan 3 is a Super Saiyan God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW5Hl5vWLwI

~Jay

Share it among all the Dragon Ball Z fans!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think a Super Saiyan God would be the God of Destruction. Seriously, the amount of collateral damage these guys do.