10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiirow View Post
    I say its a combination of a couple factors.

1) Spirit Bombs are most effective when the target has evil in their heart. Case in point, Gohan being able to deflect it and causing the SB to hit Vegeta.

2) The spirit bomb created was the most powerful one ever created in the history of Dragon Ball up to that point. They used the life essence of every living person on the planet earth and drew out the most they could, short of killing them. Vegeta's SB was a small tiny ball that Goku created as a last ditch effort. Frieza's SB was large but really there was so few living creatures on Namek that Goku was forced to draw energy from neighboring planets that he could. He couldnt attack Cell with one because, hey the dude was dead and he had an ace in the hole so a SB was sort of unnecessary.

3) Kid Buu was one of those Broly types, that he let you hit him. He was so confident and insane that he took a punch if it meant he could hit you. So he didnt really seem to care if he was hit head on by it. Im sure he sensed the potential based on how much energy was amassed but really he didnt know that its latent ability of Super Effective against creature of pure evil. I bet he figured its another stupid attempt like when Vegeta ignited all his power and went atomic bomb on him when he was still Fat Buu. We all saw how that turned out.
    Couldn't have said any of that better myself. well put.

Zoma, you are the fucking best of the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its over 9000!!!!!!!!!

Updated your sig too if your interested.

Anyone else have some dbz related requests before I log?

10+ Year Old Account
    *gets a phone call from ginyu*

freiiiizzzaa freiieeeezzaaa freeiiizzaaaaa

glorious

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    GLORIOUS

10char

So, I've been working on a little Goku vs Superman project. If you guys recall, I never was able to prove with math that Goku could defeat Superman Prime, only logic.

I can now prove with math that Goku is superior to even the DC one million version of Superman, as I found a single official power listing for him. His heat vision is stated to be 1 million times hotter than the core of the Earth's Sun. That would give it a temperature of 15 trillion degrees Kelvin. I was going to convert that into megatons, and then into joules, and then Earth's worth of solar mass, but I quickly found out that is just unnecessary work. Wanting to fully understand his heat vision before starting my work, I looked for the most detailed explanation of it possible. I found that with New Earth Superman, whose heat vision is stated to rival that of the core of the sun.

Kryptonian abilities all seem to scale equally, so that would indicate that Superman Prime is almost exactly a million times stronger than New Earth Superman. Destroying a planet pushes the limits of New Earth Superman's powers. Therefore, Superman Prime can lift roughly the weight of 1 million Earth's worth of mass.

Note my sig. Woefully insignificant to Goku. I always knew if I just got some kind of value for Superman Prime's strength instead of the "it's infinite and incalculable" malarkey that fans spew that I could prove that Goku is stronger.

So we can officially consider the final chapter of that book to be closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    laurcus

glorious

*plays F by maximum the hormone*

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-04-10 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

sick vid

Genn, how the tits did you just double post? Every time I double post, unless there has been another post made by someone else, it always just edits it into my previous post automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I never had any love for anime in general, but DBZ has a very special place in my heart. This last spring I re-watched the android/cell sagas and holy shit... I forgot how epic they were. Cell is probably the coolest villain I've encountered in any show/movie/video game with maybe the Lich King being an exception.

Following the conclusion of the Cell saga, I proclaimed to myself, "Derp Ima watch GT because DBZ is awesome!" ...How wrong I was. If anyone here is thinking about watching GT... stop right there. Goku is turned into a kid again, and for whatever reason he became five times the idiot he was as an adult. Most of his companions are annoying at best, and the fights are extremely anticlimactic. For example (spoilers): Goku encounters Cell and Frieza in Hell, and you think that you are about to witness the coolest thing you've ever seen... nope. He kills them with a fucking snow machine... *sigh*
    Update: I watched GT a while ago and feel that I should give this post a second look. GT still kinda sucks, and you will want to punch yourself in the nuts on multiple occasions. In all fairness, though, SSJ4 is pretty damn awesome.

Edit: Damn it, I meant to just edit that, not quote it. sdfkjnbsadlgkjbasfdlkajsv

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Update: I watched GT a while ago and feel that I should give this post a second look. GT still kinda sucks, and you will want to punch yourself in the nuts on multiple occasions. In all fairness, though, SSJ4 is pretty damn awesome.

Edit: Damn it, I meant to just edit that, not quote it. sdfkjnbsadlgkjbasfdlkajsv
    How far back in the thread was that? Quoting it was probably for the best lol.

Edit: Just realized I didn't actually respond to the body of what you said. Okay, in essence, I agree with you.

As I've said before, I think GT's problems can be broken down into just 3 main points.

1. Lack of good music. This is probably worse for those used to the Funimation dub of DBZ, as Bruce Faulconer is awesome. The music in many scenes for GT just falls flat. There was at one time a version of GT on youtube where the audio had been replaced with Bruce Faulconer's music, and all the fights felt a LOT less anticlimactic. Sadly, I believe those videos were pulled off youtube a long time ago due to copyright.

2. Smaller energy waves. Why does the times 100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave look so lame? A blast like that should have dwarfed all other energy blasts in the franchise. Yet it looked weaker than Piccolo powering up at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament in the original DB. Energy waves just seem to get smaller and smaller in GT as power increases. Part of what made DBZ great is how over the top it was. GT had a chance to be even more over the top and it wasted it.

3.Lack of focus. As you said, the desire to punch yourself in the nuts at certain points is definitely there. Even during scenes that should be serious, they still manage to throw in some kind of ridiculous thing for the sake of comedy. This isn't inherently bad, Z did it all the time. The timing and placement of it though was generally horrendous.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-10 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Genn, how the tits did you just double post? Every time I double post, unless there has been another post made by someone else, it always just edits it into my previous post automatically.

i dont know my internet fucked up a bit trying to make it and it didnt save, so i did it again as a seperate post and i double posted

like a boss

my power level is 11,777 may have somthing to do with it.

Yeah one of the things I have noticed when watching the movies is that the music is not like the shows' at all. It does not fit as well and half the time has words which is somewhat distracting.

What is all of your favorite dbz movies?

I havent seen all of them yet, but a lot of them are rather similar imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or he's so deluded he believes his own bullshit!

Really though, the only reason he lives is plot armor. He does after all tie for the position of Akira Toriyama's favorite character, along with Piccolo.
    Piccolo, eh? I like his tastes. I still don't see though how Piccolo gets stronger from meditating.
    It happens occasionally. It's definitely not supposed to, as it's a measure to prevent people from bumping threads.

How far back in the thread was that? Quoting it was probably for the best lol.

Edit: Just realized I didn't actually respond to the body of what you said. Okay, in essence, I agree with you.

As I've said before, I think GT's problems can be broken down into just 3 main points.

1. Lack of good music. This is probably worse for those used to the Funimation dub of DBZ, as Bruce Faulconer is awesome. The music in many scenes for GT just falls flat. There was at one time a version of GT on youtube where the audio had been replaced with Bruce Faulconer's music, and all the fights felt a LOT less anticlimactic. Sadly, I believe those videos were pulled off youtube a long time ago due to copyright.

2. Smaller energy waves. Why does the times 100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave look so lame? A blast like that should have dwarfed all other energy blasts in the franchise. Yet it looked weaker than Piccolo powering up at the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament in the original DB. Energy waves just seem to get smaller and smaller in GT as power increases. Part of what made DBZ great is how over the top it was. GT had a chance to be even more over the top and it wasted it.

3.Lack of focus. As you said, the desire to punch yourself in the nuts at certain points is definitely there. Even during scenes that should be serious, they still manage to throw in some kind of ridiculous thing for the sake of comedy. This isn't inherently bad, Z did it all the time. The timing and placement of it though was generally horrendous.
    Gimmicky fights. A guy that controls metal, whoopie-doo. I also think Goku was just toying with him the whole time, which extended an unnecessary fight.

And none of the villians seemed as unkillable as Buu did. Even if there weren't power levels anymore, it was a lot easier to place a value on each character's power, until GT. Goku's power as a kid is never explained, and Trunks seems like the biggest kind of pussy the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Yeah one of the things I have noticed when watching the movies is that the music is not like the shows' at all. It does not fit as well and half the time has words which is somewhat distracting.

Yeah, they're all too similar. I liked Bojack for the obvious reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've only seen maybe half the movies. Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, The Tree of Might, Lord Slug and the Broly Trilogy. Of those ones, I guess either the first Broly movie or Lord Slug. I definitely preferred the TV specials about Trunks and Bardock over any of the movies I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think I've only seen maybe half the movies. Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, The Tree of Might, Lord Slug and the Broly Trilogy. Of those ones, I guess either the first Broly movie or Lord Slug. I definitely preferred the TV specials about Trunks and Bardock over any of the movies I've seen.
    Dude, bro. Seriously. You need to drop what you're doing, and watch Wrath of the Dragon, Bojack Unbound, and Super Android 13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, bro. Seriously. You need to drop what you're doing, and watch Wrath of the Dragon, Bojack Unbound, and Super Android 13.
    Wrath of the Dragon does not sound familiar, and I can't remember if I've seen Super Android 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post

I really like the music for the movies. Instead of using his own work, Bruce Faulconer decided to use songs from actual bands. He uses a lot of Disturbed, along with a few others.

I really really like several of the movies, but if you twisted my arm until I provided an answer, I'd say Wrath of the Dragon just barely beats out Bojack Unbound, Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan, and Super Android 13.

A lot of DBZ movies either have a really good fight, or a really amazing finish. Wrath of the Dragon is really the only one that has both in my eyes. Bojack Unbound for example has a lot of really cool fights, but the finish is a little ordinary compared to the absolute jaw dropping finishes of Wrath of the Dragon, Super Android 13, and even Fusion Reborn.

In general I rank the movies like this.
    Wrath of the Dragon > Bojack Unbound > Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan > Super Android 13 > Broly the second coming > Cooler's Revenge > Lord Slug > Fusion Reborn > Return of Cooler > Tree of Might > Deadzone > World's Strongest > Bio Broly.

Bio Broly can go DIAF. It's as useless as the fucking crab episode. You know the one!

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wrath of the Dragon does not sound familiar, and I can't remember if I've seen Super Android 13.
    Look them up! Especially Wrath of the Dragon.

For those that need information.
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Lis...gon_Ball_Films
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-10 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a clip from Super Android 13. That's where they find out that a Saiyan's frontal tail causes even greater weakness than their back tail.