goku actually looks way cooler in normal clothes.

also, i just realized something. with the speed and power of gokus movements, why doesnt his clothes rip to shreds? you'd think every fight would end in him nekkid as a terminator
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

his orange suits are weighted training stuff, so they're probably made of something strong.

as for any other stuff, it's just anime magic.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    his orange suits are weighted training stuff, so they're probably made of something strong.
    No they aren't. They're just regular orange Gi. The weighted stuff was on the boots, bracers and the blue undershirt, but he ditched those way before Namek for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No they aren't. They're just regular orange Gi. The weighted stuff was on the boots, bracers and the blue undershirt, but he ditched those way before Namek for obvious reasons.
    i thought the blue under the orange was weighted as well?

and didn't they always hit the ground really hard whenever he took it off, in all the sagas?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i thought the blue under the orange was weighted as well?

and didn't they always hit the ground really hard whenever he took it off, in all the sagas?
    I think they stopped with weighted clothing in the saiyan saga when King Kai gave Goku new clothes that were super light. I don't know if Piccolo kept wearing weighted clothing, in all his fights he's removed his turban and cloak/shoulderpads but they were weighted on namek.

Heya guys, sorry I haven't been around of late, been busy with stuff and things.

So, I finally have an estimate for how powerful Super Saiyan God is. This is my speculation/opinion based on fan theories that I've read and stuff I've come up with myself. Some of my evidence is from content that some of you consider non-canon, so if that bothers you, uh, yeah, I don't care. Point is, take it with a grain of salt!

I think SSG is roughly a x10 million power multiplier. Why 10 million? Goku and Beerus basically destroy the universe by just fighting; only just averted by Beerus and his incredibly bullshit power to nullify energy. This is very similar to the fight with Omega Shenron, where Old Kai claims his negative energy will shortly consume the universe if he's not stopped. This gives us a very rough ballpark of Omega Shenron = 2x SSG Goku. Obviously there's a lot of flaws with that. The point is that I'm confidant this isn't off by like a billion percent and I can't say that about any of the other times I've speculated about the power of SSG.

Thankfully, I've calculated before roughly how strong Omega Shenron is. Early on in GT, Goku claims Rildo is 5x stronger than Buu. Goku kind of stomped Rildo without going Super Saiyan. Goku was pretty close to equal with Buu as SS3. Therefore, some simple arithmetic tells us that Goku is roughly 2000x stronger in base form in GT compared to the end of DBZ. It's generally accepted among lots of fan communities that SS4 is roughly a x4000 multiplier. I don't really want to get into the reasons for that assumption right now, but if someone is really curious I will explain it. For now I'm skipping that part, as I know this has been discussed in this thread before. Some more arithmetic shows that Goku is roughly 8 million times stronger in GT than he was in Z. This of course doesn't take into account any other power increases Goku got in GT such as Zenkai boosts.

In GT, SS4 Gogeta was a pretty good match for Omega Shenron. With that information I can conclude that SS4 Goku was roughly half as powerful as Omega Shenron. In other words, I think that SS4 Goku at the end of GT is roughly equal with current SSG Goku, despite Goku's lower base power level. So SSG may be closer to a x8 million boost, but I'm gonna guess it's 10 million, as DBZ usually works with nice round numbers like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as a side note, Dragon Ball Super makes me feel very validated. I've always said that if the more powerful DBZ characters focused on just causing as much destruction as possible they could destroy the universe. Now we have two basically doing that by accident. Sweet sweet validation. But of course next time I make a seemingly outlandish claim about DBZ I'll be dismissed till I'm proven right when it gets shoved in everyone's faces a decade later.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Heya guys, sorry I haven't been around of late, been busy with stuff and things.

So, I finally have an estimate for how powerful Super Saiyan God is. This is my speculation/opinion based on fan theories that I've read and stuff I've come up with myself. Some of my evidence is from content that some of you consider non-canon, so if that bothers you, uh, yeah, I don't care. Point is, take it with a grain of salt!

I think SSG is roughly a x10 million power multiplier. Why 10 million? Goku and Beerus basically destroy the universe by just fighting; only just averted by Beerus and his incredibly bullshit power to nullify energy. This is very similar to the fight with Omega Shenron, where Old Kai claims his negative energy will shortly consume the universe if he's not stopped. This gives us a very rough ballpark of Omega Shenron = 2x SSG Goku. Obviously there's a lot of flaws with that. The point is that I'm confidant this isn't off by like a billion percent and I can't say that about any of the other times I've speculated about the power of SSG.

Thankfully, I've calculated before roughly how strong Omega Shenron is. Early on in GT, Goku claims Rildo is 5x stronger than Buu. Goku kind of stomped Rildo without going Super Saiyan. Goku was pretty close to equal with Buu as SS3. Therefore, some simple arithmetic tells us that Goku is roughly 2000x stronger in base form in GT compared to the end of DBZ. It's generally accepted among lots of fan communities that SS4 is roughly a x4000 multiplier. I don't really want to get into the reasons for that assumption right now, but if someone is really curious I will explain it. For now I'm skipping that part, as I know this has been discussed in this thread before. Some more arithmetic shows that Goku is roughly 8 million times stronger in GT than he was in Z. This of course doesn't take into account any other power increases Goku got in GT such as Zenkai boosts.

In GT, SS4 Gogeta was a pretty good match for Omega Shenron. With that information I can conclude that SS4 Goku was roughly half as powerful as Omega Shenron. In other words, I think that SS4 Goku at the end of GT is roughly equal with current SSG Goku, despite Goku's lower base power level. So SSG may be closer to a x8 million boost, but I'm gonna guess it's 10 million, as DBZ usually works with nice round numbers like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as a side note, Dragon Ball Super makes me feel very validated. I've always said that if the more powerful DBZ characters focused on just causing as much destruction as possible they could destroy the universe. Now we have two basically doing that by accident. Sweet sweet validation. But of course next time I make a seemingly outlandish claim about DBZ I'll be dismissed till I'm proven right when it gets shoved in everyone's faces a decade later.
    i want to see super saiyan blue 4
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i want to see super saiyan blue 4
    Fuck it, me too. Some people say Dragon Ball has gotten too ridiculous. I say fuck that, it's not ridiculous enough. Like I always say, go ham or go home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, me too. Some people say Dragon Ball has gotten too ridiculous. I say fuck that, it's not ridiculous enough. Like I always say, go ham or go home.
    I know there's a thread for this but, will you internet marry me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I know there's a thread for this but, will you internet marry me ?
    Yes, yes I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes I will.
    Time to get my wedding garb then !! Also gotta find the dragonballz xD... anyway yeah, give me more crazy ridiculousness give me Gogeta fused with Vegito versus Beerus fused with Champa !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a theory as to why the Saiyans back on Vegeta were weak, even though they battled a lot.

Zenkai boosts are a defense mechanism from not having a tail.

Without a tail, a Saiyan is normally weaker because they do not have their Great Ape power. A Saiyan without a tail would normally be Overwhelmed as they just lost their times 10 power boost. The Zenkai boost is just trying to tap back into that Great Ape power.

This is also why we see tails growing back on children. Its an evolutionary trait so the child can survive. Adults may not need it as much then since they are significantly stronger at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I have a theory as to why the Saiyans back on Vegeta were weak, even though they battled a lot.

Zenkai boosts are a defense mechanism from not having a tail.

Without a tail, a Saiyan is normally weaker because they do not have their Great Ape power. A Saiyan without a tail would normally be Overwhelmed as they just lost their times 10 power boost. The Zenkai boost is just trying to tap back into that Great Ape power.

This is also why we see tails growing back on children. Its an evolutionary trait so the child can survive. Adults may not need it as much then since they are significantly stronger at this point.
    That actually makes sense. I can't recall a single saiyan who received a Zenkai boost while having a tail, so there's nothing to contradict that theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Makes no sense. Frieza eliminated their species because of their capacity to grow stronger after every fight. Vegeta talks about Zenkai boosts like they're common knowledge, yet Saiyans without tails were rare and looked down upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no sense. Frieza eliminated their species because of their capacity to grow stronger after every fight. Vegeta talks about Zenkai boosts like they're common knowledge, yet Saiyans without tails were rare and looked down upon.
    Does Vegeta talk about it in all translations? I do know he brought it up so Krillin could cause one. Also the tailless saiyans being looked down on adds to my theory. I do recall him saying it alot early on in the Frieza saga, but if you look at it, Nappa was likely one of the stronger Saiyans and his level is 4000.

Frieza's motivation also changed a lot. From being able to continuously grow stronger or just dealing with possible revolt as they keep speaking of a super saiyan, to Zarbon saying its a good idea.

I guess a better way would be the Zenkai makes up for the lack of tail by going into overdrive. With a tail, a zenkai boost will never be as effective. It is also likely that most saiyans without tails died as Great Ape form would be needed for stronger opponents. Since they are now weaker (due to lack of great ape), they may be ostracized and not allowed to continue fighting. Which is why we see siayans without tails as looked down on, and why we dont see super powerful saiyans without tails.

So a refined version of my theory is

Saiyans have Zenkai boosts and a tail. If they tail is removed (basic most powerful boost they are naturally born with, *discounting half saiyans*) the zenkai boost goes into overdrive to make up for the lack of the tail, which before super saiyan, is the most powerful form a saiyan be achieve with out specific training or circumstances.

This is why we see drastic changes with and without the tail. Its homeostasis. Without the tail, the zenkai becomes more dominate to make the saiyan stronger to make up for the lack of its most common powerful form. (Much like senses increasing if one fails to function) This is also why Children can regrow their tails easily and adults do not grow them back at all. The tail and Great ape form is the basic survival skill.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-11-04 at 01:08 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any links to where I can watch the whole series online? I saw some complete sets on Amazon, but it's hundreds of dollars, and also Hulu has a few episodes, but not the complete series.

i always thought the reason saiyans werent goku level is because they were already one of the strongest races so they just conquered everyone they fought easily.

didnt vegeta tell goku most saiyan babies conquer planets by themselves by the time they grow up?

if goku never met increasingly stronger enemies i doubt he would be as strong as he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Saiyans never had access to senzu beans or gravity chambers. Although that doesn't explain Goku's rapid progression post Frieza. Vegeta was shown to still be using the chambers during the Buu saga when he and young Trunks were in simultaneously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Do you think there will be an SSGSS2,3?

Akira said awhile back he wants to just focus on just the SSJ stage and goku getting stronger, but how are we to determine this?

I mean, we're at the stage where 2 people clashing could destroy the UNIVERSE and we're not even at Frieza yet, this makes me think they might just make the fight VS. Frieza even better then it was in the movie, similar to how Goku Vs. Beerus is better in Super then it is in the movie.

Also, sayians are looked down upon by so many races thus far in the series, are there superior races we haven't seen yet?

"A mere sayian" is heard so many times, it's like, what's the food chain with ultimate fighters?

And the big question.

At any time during the series will there be a multiverse martial arts tournament?

So many possibilities.
    Regarding the SSB, (Super Saiyan Blue, i refuse to use the SSGSS term) I presume we'll see more variations of that form but not to many. I believe the reason Akira went with a new transformation is because it's probably easier to design a new transformation than a powered up version like SS4. The design for SS4 is quite silly imo. SS3 was already stretching it with the whole no eyebrows and super long hair.

About the saiyan thing. The 2 most powerful creatures in the 7th universe before DB Super was Majin Buu and Beerus since King Cold warned Frieza about them and to stay clear of them. If we make Broly canon he's the only known reincarnation of the Legendary Super Saiyan and transforming into a super saiyan was unheard off before Goku did it for the first time in his battle against Frieza.

Frieza was also considered a prodigy among prodigies due to him having some sort of gene which allowed him to basically be born as powerful as he was during the Namek arc and only have minimum fighting experience. He was completely shocked that a "mere monkey" as he would put it could ever be as powerful as him.

Regarding DragonBall Super, anybody knows if Gohan will make a comeback? He's always been my favorite character ever since the Cell arc and by the end of Z he was basically the most powerful character in the entire show, he didn't even need super saiyan in order to fight against Buu.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    To both above comments

There is in the manga going to be a tournament. Champa and Beerus agreed to a 5 v 5 tournament. If Champa wins, The Earth of Universe 7 will switch with 6 (which is a desolateness world in Universe 6)

As for Gohan making a come back

its going to be 5 v 5, I expect Gohan to participate