10+ Year Old Account
    If Cell has Nappa's DNA, why didn't Krillin's Destructo Disc ruin Cell's modeling career?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If Cell has Nappa's DNA, why didn't Krillin's Destructo Disc ruin Cell's modeling career?
    because hes peeerrrfffeeeeccccttttt

10+ Year Old Account
    So. What do you guys think is requirment for Buu (in any form) to regenerate? I was just thinking that if Super Buu had the forethought to tear of a small piece of himself and hide it somewhere. He could have used that to regernate if he was defeated (assuming he wasnt forced into kid buu form). Namekians require their head to be intact in order to regenerate aswell as have a enough energy (we know this cause piccollo stalled his fight with cell in order to talk and rest to regenrate his arm). But Buu was splattered across the wastelands and still managed to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    So. What do you guys think is requirment for Buu (in any form) to regenerate? I was just thinking that if Super Buu had the forethought to tear of a small piece of himself and hide it somewhere. He could have used that to regernate if he was defeated (assuming he wasnt forced into kid buu form). Namekians require their head to be intact in order to regenerate aswell as have a enough energy (we know this cause piccollo stalled his fight with cell in order to talk and rest to regenrate his arm). But Buu was splattered across the wastelands and still managed to come back.
    I believe the only requirement for Buu to regenerate is to have 1 full atom still intact and to have enough energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    3. Piccolo did actually try to blast the little pieces of Buu. Didn't work though. Piccolo's blasts weren't powerful enough, they only vaporized Buu and he can regenerate from vapor. The technical term for what Piccolo needed to do is spallation, the process of separating an atom into its base subatomic particles. /science
    Didn't Piccolo do that with Gotenks in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and not when Vegeta used his Final Flash? I am a little rusty as I haven't rewatched the Buu saga in over a year now but I seem to remember that being the case.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

The problem with Buu tearing a strip of himself and leaving it their to regenerate later is that he would have to put a significant amount of energy in that piece so it could regenerate to a full Buu and therefore he would become weaker because of that. He knew Gohan was coming as well and that he would need every scrap of energy to survive the beatings while tricking him.

I always wondered what would happen if Buu got to absorb the androids and their unlimited energy sources. How much more powerful would he have been? His regeneration would also no longer be limited by energy. Giving him many more strategic options, like leaving pieces of himself places.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Didn't Piccolo do that with Gotenks in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and not when Vegeta used his Final Flash? I am a little rusty as I haven't rewatched the Buu saga in over a year now but I seem to remember that being the case.
    Nah, it was after Vegeta blew Buu up. He didn't use the Final Flash though, he blew himself up. The attack used is called Final Explosion in most video games, though it was never named in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post

I agree with Laurcus as to what it would take for him to regen. But as far as why didn't he just drop a piece of himself off somewhere and regen later on? I'd guess because the thought never crossed his mind that he'd need to. He was pretty much indestructable as it was. Although that would have been one hell of a plot twist.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:07 AM ----------

Nah, it was after Vegeta blew Buu up. He didn't use the Final Flash though, he blew himself up. The attack used is called Final Explosion in most video games, though it was never named in the series.
    Yeah I knew that about Final Flash, dunno why I called it that. I honestly just don't remember Piccolo doing that then though. I know he did it in the time chamber. Because the cloud the dust formed is what regenned. Oh well, guess it's time to break the saga back out and watch it over the next few days.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    The problem with Buu tearing a strip of himself and leaving it their to regenerate later is that he would have to put a significant amount of energy in that piece so it could regenerate to a full Buu and therefore he would become weaker because of that. He knew Gohan was coming as well and that he would need every scrap of energy to survive the beatings while tricking him.

I always wondered what would happen if Buu got to absorb the androids and their unlimited energy sources. How much more powerful would he have been? His regeneration would also no longer be limited by energy. Giving him many more strategic options, like leaving pieces of himself places.
    You think it would take that much energy for him to regen? It seemed to be almost effortless every time he did it before then. Almost like it was just a natural thing for him to do.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    its a plot hole because they didnt want to make kid buu even more godly

It seems to wear on Buu after like 4 or 5 times, like when Gohan is fighting him. By the time Gohan is finishing up Buu is breathing super heavy and not even fully regenerating anymore.

I'm just saying in a fight like the one with Gohan, he needed all his energy on him so that he could survive long enough to absorb something. Had he put energy for another potential body somewhere, he may not have lived to absorb anything.

Say he gets killed as has a body regenerate somewhere. He then has rest to recover like all his energy, while being hunted because the fighters would still sense his power level as he recovered energy over time. I just think it's better off for him to just use that energy to not die in the first place.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-07 at 02:32 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    It seems to wear on Buu after like 4 or 5 times, like when Gohan is fighting him. By the time Gohan is finishing up Buu is breathing super heavy and not even fully regenerating anymore.

I'm just saying in a fight like the one with Gohan, he needed all his energy on him so that he could survive long enough to absorb something. Had he put energy for another potential body somewhere, he may not have lived to absorb anything.

Say he gets killed as has a body regenerate somewhere. He then has rest to recover like all his energy, while being hunted because the fighters would still sense his power level as he recovered energy over time. I just think it's better off for him to just use that energy to not die in the first place.
    I have so got to rewatch this saga. I swear the more details I find I've forgotten the worse I feel even talking about it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like buu and baby have the same problem

they are to dumb to make more bodies

thats why cell came back after Michael bay explosions (well a cell of cell.... cellception)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to leave this here for others to comment on as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16721064

An idea someone had that I really think should be implemented.

Kai isn't as condensed as you seem to think. Kai is 98 episodes. But it completely cuts out the Garlic jr. saga and everything after the Cell games. If you did that to original DBZ it'd be 170 episodes. Most of the rest of that doesn't come from cutting down the, "panting and staring" but cutting out other "filler" arcs, (good or bad depending on your point of view) and actually cutting down on the fighting.

And when I say fighting, I don't mean things that are redundant. I mean they actually cut out parts of a fight. Goku vs Frieza is terrible for this.
    Wasnt the Cell games supposed to be the last series? The final episode of that wraps it up pretty nicely. And does a nice little "The hero may be dead but the earth will still be protected by his son"

10+ Year Old Account
    well gohan had to grow up and people wanted more.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    well gohan had to grow up and people wanted more.
    Well if Kai removes the filler. It makes sense not to include anything past the Cell games considering the series originally ended there.

10+ Year Old Account
    the original series also apparently ended with the freiza saga

goku becomes the warrior of legend and defeats a galactic emperor

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 05:28 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the original series also apparently ended with the freiza saga

goku becomes the warrior of legend and defeats a galactic emperor

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 05:28 AM ----------

/snip
    Replace the last one with, Nope...only Ketchup and it's a winner Genn.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so I have some more questions, as I have been watching through Buu again.

I'm a little confused at what time Spopovich and Hercule competed in the WMAT. The reason I ask is because Goku was surprised that Spopovich knew how to fly and use energy, since before he was just a normal human. So how long was it between then and "now", and why does Goku think it outside the realm of possibility that he could learn that stuff, considering he was fighting Videl, who learned to fly in a matter of days?
    Don't know how it is in the dubbed version, but in japanese version with english subs Goku says that he can't sense any living Ki in Spopovich, and that he had more power than his own abilities accounted for - aka he didn't know how to use his own power, and he was basically learning the extent of it during the fight.

And as to when the WMAT with Spopovitch and Mr. Satan happened ...... it was said that they fought in the previous WMAT, and they haven't happened for a while, so propably sometime shortly before androids arrived.

I don't get Vegeta here either. In the spaceship he's fuming at Gohan for being weak and wasting his time. Then willingly goes under the control of Babidi. Ok, that all makes sense. Then goes on a rampage, killing innocent people and demanding a fight with Goku. Ok, we're good so far. Goku stalls the fight because he senses Buu, and gets Vegeta to agree to delay it. Vegeta knocks him out, claiming he didn't want Goku to steal his glory yet again. K, we're still good on Vegeta being a prick. Very next scene, "Kakarot's son is dead. I'm sorry Gohan" WAIT, WHAT? This is the first time we hear him ever say Gohan's name, and he's apologizing to him, right after killinga bunch of people and challenging Goku to a fight. I don't get that. But it's not over. He shows up, fights Buu for a bit, realizes he can't beat him. Decides to hug Trunks for the first time ever, and blows himself up to kill Buu. Something doesn't add up. His personality changes drastically. And while we know he wasn't really under Babidi's control, he was still acting like his old self, then took a quick turn to save everyone.
    He goes willingly under Babidi's "control" in order to catch up with Goku power-wise. He was kinda shocked how powerful he have become after seeing him dealing with that monster on pitch-black planet. He still was in full control of his actions though. He killed people @ Martial Arts Tournament because he knew the Z-warriors would use Dragon Balls to revive them. All he wanted to do was to satisfy the pride of a Saiyan Prince, to be the strongest of Saiyans.

His personality basically has been going through constant changes since the very first landing on Earth. There was the episode in which Vegeta comes back from training in space - Bulma tells him to take a shower, and he's doing that without saying anything.
    It's shown in the episode when Future Trunks destroys 17 and 18 of his time. When he tells Bulma how Vegeta reacted to his death, she's shocked that Vegeta had this side of his character.

Vegeta himself said he started to like this comfortable Earth and the life on it, with a family of his own. Faking being under Babidi's control, lying about not caring about anything, etc. - it was all done so that Goku would fight him all out, and, as we know, Goku still held back.

When Buu was released, he realized how dumb he was and that he was the reason such a powerful villain was now running on Earth. This was like a kick in the nuts for him, basically.

This is more of a what if scenario, but after Vegeta blows up, Piccolo checks out the area, and finds bits and pieces of buu laying around. What if Piccolo saw the danger in him regenerating, and blasted them before he had the chance to? He should have known anyway, or at least not taken the risk. They watched Cell self-destruct, and survive from his own explosion, then saw Buu regenerate from every single attack, including a massive hole in his chest.
    He wouldn't have time to blast all the pieces, there were just too many of them. He could have used area attack, but those usually require some time to gather enough energy to destroy pieces with such huge energy of their own, time in which he would regenerate anyway.
    I think they did try to blast Buu's pieces in one episode, and failed.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-05-07 at 06:07 AM.