I am really excited for the dub to come out, hopefully Funimation gets the rights and dubs it quickly. Also I have always been curious about something, I always wondered why the earths military in DBZ never use nuclear weapons against the villains. In one episode it is implied that Android 16 could have destroyed Cell due to the bomb in his chest. The bomb was supposedly similar to that of a nuclear bomb, but stronger. I'm not saying nukes would have defeated them, but I think it would have done some serious damage.

Deleted
    Ok fine with the trailer... the non-Goku+Vegeta Z Fighters get something to do too with freeza bringing his Army.
    But why is Goku fighting in Base-Form against Freeza?

Quote Originally Posted by CgTitan5 View Post
    I am really excited for the dub to come out, hopefully Funimation gets the rights and dubs it quickly. Also I have always been curious about something, I always wondered why the earths military in DBZ never use nuclear weapons against the villains. In one episode it is implied that Android 16 could have destroyed Cell due to the bomb in his chest. The bomb was supposedly similar to that of a nuclear bomb, but stronger. I'm not saying nukes would have defeated them, but I think it would have done some serious damage.
    My guess? Never invented, not lack of technology. Nukes were invented due to a necessity to have them during ww2, US developed them due to Germany developing it. Although there were a lot of alien attacks, vanishing cities due to super power being, everything was started and resolved in a matter of a week, maybe a month for like.. cell I guess, but everything was over incredibly quick. Also the world has a whole, while I "assume" is about the size of our world, there is FAR FAR less people, I would be surprised if there is even 500-800 million people on the planet. Besides the red ribbon army in DB (which goku destroyed single handily) the only known military is the world military under the king. So, I think the nuke was never invented because it was never researched.

I also think like.. android 16's bomb was probably some sort of anti-matter bomb. That would be pretty much the only thing I think would even harm someone like Cell (The oh shit look on his face means he probably knew it would kill him, even though when it failed to detonate he said it wouldnt, his face said otherwise :P)

--edit--

Goku fought him base form, because last time he seen Frieza alive was on namek (never met him on earth when trunks killed him) and he has grown as a fight by SO much that he probably didnt view him as a threat. There was that short movie before BOG that IS canon (since it was referenced in BOG) where Vegeta's brother came to talk about the 2 people as strong as Frieza coming, and everyone treated it like a joke, and made a game on who will fight them for fun, before Goten and Trunks went to fight. Hell they were keeping score, saying how well they were doing skill wise... Goku probably thought at first Frieza wasn't even a threat to anyone anymore.
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2015-03-13 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that's the case entierly, Goku was pretty good at telling someone's worth as soon as he saw them... sure he maybe thought that before Freeza actually came to earth... but as soon as he saw him he'd know how powerful he'd become... I simply think he didn't think that his new transformation would provide such a significant boost and treated the whole fight like a training routine, one with a dangerous maniac that could blow up the planet if he started losing, but still just a training routine. But when Freeza transformed he wanted to see how strong he actually is but didn't really get a chance because he became so much more powerful that he didin't give Goku enough time to assess the situation before he was too beat up to transform.... at least that's my take... could be that he transformed when freeza did but it just didn't get shown in the trailer, which only showed the parts where he gets beat up after losing his transformation due to exhaustion...

Well, will have to check the spoilers when it releases in April to be sure, no way in hell im waiting till december to watch it.

Spoilers dont bother me though, ill watch it anyways and I find it more enjoyable to see it knowing what is going to happen personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah can't wait for a full plot reveal that's what I did with BoG too... "No Ragrets" !!

Re-reading your last post: Im not so sure goku is "that" great at realizing how strong people are till after he fights them. He pretty much was outclassed by Vegeta in their first encounter, he only won due to Vegeta not understanding what Kaioken was, a temporary increase in power, if Vegeta never went to Oozaru form, he would have killed Goku then and there. When Goku was fighting Frieza, he knew he was powerful, but when it was revealed he wasnt even using half his power, Goku thought in his mind he was joking or bluffing, then freaked out (in his head) when he was wrong and it was completely true. Same with Beerus, when he first met him, he was like "you sure you want me ssj3?" because he was to overconfident and didnt realize how powerful he actually was. Anyone that tells him the truth, he doesn't believe them or think they are exaggerating. The ONLY time it was proven that they really were way OP for the situation was right before Buu was released and Supreme Kai was like "omfg Dabura is badass" if they went in guns blazin and stuff, the whole buu situation would have never occured.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think he can read them pretty well, as long as they don't actively hide their power at least... I mean He did know Vegeta was way stronger than he was, otherwise he wouldn't have risked his life going Kaiox4(even though that wasn't straight off the bat), with Freeza, he knew he was holding back, because they both were... he just didn't know how much, because Freeza was actively hiding it... and Beerus... I don't really think that counts since he doesn't even use KI as a power source, being a god and all...
    He could also tell Cell was strong as fuck, and realized he couldn't stand a chance even with training, that's why he focused on Gohan, because he knew Gohan had much more hidden potential than him. The only reason he fought Cell was to show Gohan what he's capable of and his fighting style...
    Also the non-boss type characters, like Nappa, the ginyu force and such, Goku never really broke a sweat with them, because he knew he was stronger than they were before they made a move, see how he acts when he arrives on namek, going to give krillin and gohan senzu beans as if the enemies aren't even there...
    But I could be wrong ofc, and he has no clue how strong Freeza is and underestimates him, then gets his ass kicked so much he can't even go ssj anymore...
    He could also tell Cell was strong as fuck, and realized he couldn't stand a chance even with training, that's why he focused on Gohan, because he knew Gohan had much more hidden potential than him.

Well the thing with Cell was more along the lines of "well, im not going to be around forever, ill let Gohan do it so if im not around someone else can save the day". He did the same with with Majin buu, he even admits it then saying he probably could have killed buu outright with SSJ3 in the limited time he had, but wanted Goten/trunks to do it so people dont rely on him anymore.

Korin said that cell was a "bit" stronger than goku, not enough to make the fight completely one sided, hell if Cell didnt get the Senzu bean from him and Goku fought all out from the start, even if he still lost, Vegeta, Trunks, Gohan could have finished him off pretty damn easily.

--edit--

Also Frieza holding back, well thats a bit true but he was also holding back, Frieza called him out on it. Then was like "it doesnt matter though" and goku thought he was bluffing. As for Vegeta, he might have realized how strong he was, but he was thinking his Kaioken would be enough to beat him, not realizing how powerful he truly was. He would have went all out anyways, cause there was really no one left, but he didnt realize how strong he actually was. Again, if he knew from the start he would have probably went x3 or x4 from the start when his body was in a better shape to take the strain and end it quickly. The ONLY reason Vegeta lost, was because of the Oozaru trump card, the creation of the moonlight took a huge portion of his power, so even though he got a x10 boost from it, he wasnt like.. 180000 power level, if I had to guess, probably around 50-60k power level. Cause remember immediately after the transformation ended, Gohan was able to fight with Vegeta pretty well, I would think that vegeta's decrease along with Gohan's Zenkai from the senzu bean made that possible.
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2015-03-13 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant with vegeta is that he didn't really know about Oozaru, that's why he didn't go full power from the start, he was pretty confident he could win with Kaio x4, whether that is actually true or not can't really be said, but I think he could have at least weakened Vegeta enough for Gohan to stand a chance.

Anyway I am quite curious myself to find out the real reason for why he's not shown in his SSJ form in the trailer...

10+ Year Old Account
    He has the powers of his god form in his base form (most of it I think), I think they did this as a reset for future forms since it was gettin IMO a bit lulzy. I mean more hair.... or reverse chest hair (ss4, everything but your chest has hair)

clearly thats only around the beginning of their fight. Maybe Frieza does not give Goku a chance to transform again XD I mean... someone in the DBZ universe needs to realize thats a horrible idea besides future trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maybe Frieza does not give Goku a chance to transform again XD I mean... someone in the DBZ universe needs to realize thats a horrible idea besides future trunks.
    had to think of this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOW...tu.be&t=21m11s

I hope in 6 years when team4star make this movie, Goku asks about his pizzas frieza promised him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are upset that the forms aren't too flashy, they seem to forget that most of the DBZ cast is not that flashy compared to other animes. of all the canon villains I would say Cell is the most flashy, but that is almost exclusively because of his black poka dot pattern and bug decals.

that and all the characters except bulma and trunks have pretty normal hair colors, none of this spot the main character who has pink hair BS

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-03-13 at 09:23 PM.

Use the top 24 from team 4 star, then pick what you personally think the top 10 is from that list and you have it.

My favorite moments are(no particular order)

-Goku's Sacrifice
    -Vegeta's Atonement
    -Goku goes SS3 for the first time(not really the first time, but the first time we see it)
    -Goku goes SS1 for the first time
    -Vegeta's Final Flash against Cell
    -Goku meets Cell in the Ring
    -Vegeta attacks Cell after Trunks is killed
    -Goku using Instant Transmission Kamehameha against Cell.
    -Gohan killing all the Cell Jr's
    -Buu's Human Extinction Attack
    -Goku using the Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu
    Last edited by CgTitan5; 2015-03-14 at 01:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    top 10, best to super best

10. Gohan going Super Saiyan 2 as an adult.
    9. yajirobe cutting off Vegeta's tail
    8. Piccolo and 17 fighting
    7. Majin Vegeta vs Goku
    6. Piccolo taking a hit for Gohan against Nappa
    5. Goku turning into a SS3 for the first time
    4. Frieza killing krillin
    3. Vegeta blowing up with majin buu
    2. 16's death speech to gohan triggering the SS2 transformation
    1. Goku turning into a super saiyan for the first time.

(these are just best moments due to impact, not because its awesome that krillin died :P )

tangent - Parallel quest 39 is pissing me off, either Gohan wont activate ultimate mode, or if he does he kills cell in about 2 seconds while ignoring me and my team, while cell runs right into Gohan's ultimate and dies -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Piccolo vs 17 is probably the most perfect, balanced fight in DBZ without a niche attached.

Goku vs Tien and Goku vs Piccolo in Dragonball were also really good.
    I am also in the camp of. Piccolo vs 17 being best fight. Second probably only to Goku vs Freiza(manga)

- - - Updated - - -

The Final Flash is on my list. But what sells that scene for me is what Trunks says afterwards. "Dad narrowed the beams width"

Nigga, the beam is already like 1/16th the size of the planet. Don't fucking tell me that the narrow version

I thought Goku vs Cell was great, it was almost even for most of the fight. Majin Vegeta vs Goku was also great in my opinion, even though Goku could have gone SS3 if he really wanted to. I would have liked to see Vegeta's reaction to seeing Goku transform to SS3 during their fight.