Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That's why I don't like buying these types of cards. If you have any problems with the cooling - you are stuck with it.
    And you often can't buy and install a proper cooler because the PCB is not reference and it probably won't fit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    91° on 100% fan is too high for that card. Can you try another game ? I doubt that you will play Crysis 2 that much to damage the card.
    I know, but inside my case it's quite cramped, and it's only peak tem, so I can live with it, I'm pretty sure my case is the problem... Other games actually give WAY better results on 1080p and max settings.
    WoW: around 60-70 peaks in very crowded area of 76
    Blops SP: around 65-70 woth peaks of 73-ish
    MW2 SP: little bit lower the blops, 1-2 degrees
    Operation flashpoint:RR: always 70-78

Quote Originally Posted by Analangus View Post
    I also have a 560ti Hawk. I put it in my H2go which has great airflow and it did the same. Ran MW2 and it hit in the 70's and was annoyingly loud. Near as I can tell the Twin Frozr 3 fans just sucks(my opinion). They should have stuck with the twin frozr 2 fans. It was louder than all 6 of my case fans. I had to slap a universal water block on mine and add it to my loop to quiet it down. Thankfully theirs an aluminum heat sink on the VRM's so I just zip tied a 80mm fan over it to help cool them.
    then you had more of a problem the me, my case DOESN'T have a great airflow at all, so yea (not a lot of hot air exiting, and probably too low CFM for side panel fans :/ an expert told me...)
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2011-09-12 at 06:58 AM.

Do you have all of the fans installed ?

If you talked to an expert then I'm sure your lack of exhaust is an issue. Honestly it was really just the cooler that sucked for me. On water this thing doesn't even exceed 45c under load for me. Maybe I just got a crappy cooler/fans, but I've seen a lot of posts about these cards being loud. I certainly hope that the exhaust issue fixes your problem. GL.

I have a 560 ti twin frozr ii at 1ghz and it sits at 60C in afterburner. In games it doesn't even come close to that. I also have it set to quickly reach max fan speed under load, however it is still not noticeable unless the cpu fan and case fans are all on their absolute lowest.

Deleted
    yup, finally found the issue.
    final result 73° MAX in Crysis 2, same as where it went 91° before...

I played one of the heaviest levels this time, loads of explosions, shooting... to make sure that I got the highest temps possible

It's indeed my case, this test I just removed the side panel completely to let the card run in free space and while it did go quite loud it didn't even get nearly as hot before (I even got close to MSI's own testing results under full load, 68° :3)

Gotta take a look on how to solve this with the plate back on, get better fans with higher CFM or just flip it over (intake => exhaust), see what that gives me. Thanks for the help anyway everyone, at least now I've learned what temps are normal and which ones aren't

For the case (since people have been asking): http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php.../125-xwarriorb

or If I can't post links, (dunno, I can see em myself)
    The Aerocool Xwarrior... I chose it because it looked nice (imo) so didn't really worry about the airflow too much...
    <=noob :s
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2011-09-12 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Gotta take a look on how to solve this with the plate back on, get better fans with higher CFM or just flip it over (intake => exhaust),
    That's a good idea. Experiment with the intake/exhaust positions until you get the optimal airflow. Better fans might do the job if your current fans suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    If you need fans, here's some cheap ones:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...n&promoid=1371

They are far from the best, but the price is right. Excellent airflow for the price, noise isn't too bad either. I have a stack of like 10 of these for spares for emergencies.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If you need fans, here's some cheap ones:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...n&promoid=1371

They are far from the best, but the price is right. Excellent airflow for the price, noise isn't too bad either. I have a stack of like 10 of these for spares for emergencies.
    Here is something better but more expensive.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-12 at 03:35 PM.