Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The Cooler Master hyper 212+ for a cheap and good one, and the noctua NH-D14 for an amazing one.

Yeah, but Thermalright Silver Arrow and Corsair H100 are also great. I think there are about 10 different coolers I'd possibly recommend, but their names evade me for most of them now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You won't notice the 1836 MHz, since you'd have to go into bios and "overclock them" to that frequency. Either way, the gain from anything above 1600MHz is especially negligible.

I sincerely recommend the low-profile versions.
    I second this - the corsair vengeance low profile RAM make it much easier to fit things into place nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Cool thanks, I'll order them instead, and they are in stock. I'm not big into video editing at all just internet surfing and gaming ;D Thanks for the advice, while I am on the subject of RAM and Coolers, could you recommend me a Cpu cooler? Nothing too ridiculous, just in the case of if I want to OC I can.
    Corsair A70 is my personal choice. Nice on a budget, 2 fans included.

The biggest and baddest currently is NH-D14

There are quite a few I can recommend too -

212+
    A70
    H50
    H80
    H100
    Frio
    NH-D14

Actually, I think three different coolers already passed it; Thermalright Silver Arrow, Corsair H100, and some other one whose name slips me entirely now. And yes, that's at overclocks.

Though I'm too tired to dig up the particular reviews. z.z

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I second this - the corsair vengeance low profile RAM make it much easier to fit things into place nicely.

Corsair A70 is my personal choice. Nice on a budget, 2 fans included.

The biggest and baddest currently is NH-D14

There are quite a few I can recommend too -

212+
    A70
    H50
    H80
    H100
    Frio
    NH-D14
    I'm using Corsair Vengeance RAM and A70 heatsink and the distance between them is less than 2mm. Thank God I didn't need a NH-D14 (LP kits aren't available here). If you can get LP kits definitely gret them!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...181011&Tpk=a70
    Looks good, not too exspensive either. If I was to OC I wouldn't like push everything to the limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

I don't know how tight your budget is, but if I was you id get a Z68 Chipset motherboard, for better future proofing, its only been rumoured and not confirmed the next family of Intel chips will still work on the z68 Chipset, at least the earlier ones.

The z68 boards are more likely to have SLI/X Fire so you can put another card in down the line, to make your system last you a bit longer.
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

If it's going to be backwards compatible with Z68, it will be backwards compatible with the P67 as well as any other standard LGA 1155 socket.