Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    If you're desperately aiming for the CTC cap - sure. 391-geared paladins are not that desperate as they have more than enough itembudget to cover it
    100 + Stamina gain aswell if you don't need anymore CTC.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    If you're using an agility cloak for tanking, you're doing it very very VERY wrong. Agility does *NOT* give dodge anymore.
    Honestly, check the rep cloak and conclave cloak and then compare it to the agility one.
    Last edited by chris1554; 2011-09-13 at 06:56 AM.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this isnt ICC anymore where h bloodfall was awesome for us, str is king.
    I miss my H Bloodfall good times

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using an agility cloak for tanking, you're doing it very very VERY wrong. Agility does *NOT* give dodge anymore.
    Who says it has to? You still get a lot from this cape on heroic, blizzard gave us such bad itemisation this tier a pvp cloak is 2nd BiS...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    The only way you would be using zero expertise on the cloak is if you took the t12 chest and were using Heroic HoR which doesn't make any sense. If you want to use HoR you use the Domo chest, if you want to use the t12 chest then replace HoR with AoK or the rep trinket. While you might be able to manipulate numbers to make the Agi cloak look like it's BiS that scenario only occurs if you make poor gear choices that cause you to waste expertise. There's no BiS list that will tell you to take the cloak, BiS trinkets for ret are heroic AoK and heroic Apparatus, so the second you drop HoR (or the t12 chest), the rep cloak beats the Agi cloak.
    That is merely your opinion and nothing more than it. There is nothing wrong with using the Tier chest in fact you can get more gain out of using the Tier chest and offset helm until your guild can kill heroic rag and by that time you should have picked up the domo chest and rag helm.

The Rep cloak does not beat the Agi cloak nor does it beat the PvP cloak the rep cloak is total garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by moradim View Post
    as an aside, why cant we upgrade our cloaks with a firestone? (it would have low priority behind weapons/trinkets, but still)

i'm so jealous ferals/hunters/rogues get such an awesome cape.
    enh shamans

the AGI cloak from rhyolith is BiS for prot pallys... now stop posting, or do some research on the class.

on topic... he logged out in rp set :/

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that ret is wearing a dress!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanserv View Post
    the AGI cloak from rhyolith is BiS for prot pallys... now stop posting, or do some research on the class.
    it's anoying how for prot 2 gem slots + mastery already on cloak was all it needed. it would stil be BiS if it was intel instead of agi.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    . There is nothing wrong with using the Tier chest in fact you can get more gain out of using the Tier chest and offset helm until your guild can kill heroic rag and by that time you should have picked up the domo chest and rag helm.

Yup, i think alot of people dont realise that, they are blindly following bis lists, even tho they may be weeks away from hc rag loot. I myself am going for what you described, with wearing majo hc chest in bags untill i get my hands on hc tier head..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    it's anoying how for prot 2 gem slots + mastery already on cloak was all it needed. it would stil be BiS if it was intel instead of agi.
    The sinestra cape was close to BiS in t11 for this reason aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    That is merely your opinion and nothing more than it. There is nothing wrong with using the Tier chest in fact you can get more gain out of using the Tier chest and offset helm until your guild can kill heroic rag and by that time you should have picked up the domo chest and rag helm.

The Rep cloak does not beat the Agi cloak nor does it beat the PvP cloak the rep cloak is total garbage.
    Based on your item comparison the Rep cloak beats the Agi cloak as long as you can use the expertise. The only way you won't need the expertise is if you are wearing both the t12 chest and heroic HoR. I'm not saying blindly follow bis lists, a bis list is only "best" when you have all the gear, not part of it. I agree that if you have been able to upgrade your teir hands/chest then the offset 391 helm is a great way to squeeze out more dps until you get heroic rag on farm. However If you don't have heroic HoR or have been able to upgrade AoK to 391, in which case you should be using heroic AoK and Vessel, then you can use the expertise and the rep cloak wins.

I'm not saying the rep cloak is amazingly itemized because its not. But you are being a little dramatic by calling it garbage; even in the scenario where the Agi cloak would provide more dps it's not by a huge margin. If it dropped and it was going to get sharded I'd grab it, otherwise I wouldn't bother because it is going to be a much larger upgrade for an agi based class.

One thing I did learn from this discussion is that the 384 pvp cloak is better than I thought and it's super easy to get.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2011-09-13 at 06:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Based on your item comparison the Rep cloak beats the Agi cloak as long as you can use the expertise. The only way you won't need the expertise is if you are wearing both the t12 chest and heroic HoR. I'm not saying blindly follow bis lists, a bis list is only "best" when you have all the gear, not part of it. I agree that if you have been able to upgrade your teir hands/chest then the offset 391 helm is a great way to squeeze out more dps until you get heroic rag on farm. However If you don't have heroic HoR or have been able to upgrade AoK to 391, in which case you should be using heroic AoK and Vessel, then you can use the expertise and the rep cloak wins.

I'm not saying the rep cloak is amazingly itemized because its not. But you are being a little dramatic by calling it garbage; even in the scenario where the Agi cloak would provide more dps it's not by a huge margin. If it dropped and it was going to get sharded I'd grab it, otherwise I wouldn't bother because it is going to be a much larger upgrade for an agi based class.

One thing I did learn from this discussion is that the 384 pvp cloak is better than I thought and it's super easy to get.
    There is no reason to use the Rep cloak it is that bad. PvP -> Agi -> Rep
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Thank you for your compelling argument, I am won over by your witty retorts and mathematically sound logic. The only way the Agi cloak beats the Rep cloak is if you are running HoR/t12 chest and are bloated on expertise. Considering you provided that proof yourself I find it odd that you are contradicting your own findings. HoR is a trinket that sims amazing well on patchwerk fights, but unfortunately there are a fair number on non-patchwerk fights in FL. Save for Domo/Bale (even Rag you are moving around for sons twice and scions), you are going to run into scenarios where HoR pops and you aren't attacking something for a bit which devalues the proc by quite a bit. Unless you actually think that you are able to keep your full rotation intact every single time HoR procs it's not going to be worth its simmed dps value on most fights.

You are blindly following a program that operates under the assumption (aka options you selected) that you are standing still and able to dps a fully debuffed mob 100% of the time. Is it a great tool for finding out stat weights and comparing gear? Sure. However common sense needs to come into play at some point. Wearing HoR in FL is a mistake, which means the exp on the rep cloak is utilized, therefore it is better than the Agi cloak. I agree the PvP cloak beats both of them, but that doesn't mean you should be telling other Rets to try and snag an Agi cloak that is going to make them look like an idiot to the rest of their guild.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2011-09-13 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Ilvl works from in the bags aswell, hes confusing you...as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Ilvl works from in the bags aswell, hes confusing you...as it should be.
    Not equipped ilvl on armory... not sure about wowheros ilvl tho.

Jesus fucking christ. looking at the cloak options, that the agility cloak is better is fucking pathetic. You're still horribly wrong for using an agility cloak for tanking, but it's because you got no other choice. It's like using a knife as a screwdriver. It ain't right, but if you don't have a screw driver. Well, what do you expect out of a tier with 7 bosses >.>

Well, what do you expect out of a tier with 7 bosses >.>
    Thats why reforging is added. They could kill 2 fly with one hit, merging tank and dps cloak in one, giving him stats like mastery + hit/expertise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your compelling argument, I am won over by your witty retorts and mathematically sound logic. The only way the Agi cloak beats the Rep cloak is if you are running HoR/t12 chest and are bloated on expertise. Considering you provided that proof yourself I find it odd that you are contradicting your own findings. HoR is a trinket that sims amazing well on patchwerk fights, but unfortunately there are a fair number on non-patchwerk fights in FL. Save for Domo/Bale (even Rag you are moving around for sons twice and scions), you are going to run into scenarios where HoR pops and you aren't attacking something for a bit which devalues the proc by quite a bit. Unless you actually think that you are able to keep your full rotation intact every single time HoR procs it's not going to be worth its simmed dps value on most fights.

You are blindly following a program that operates under the assumption (aka options you selected) that you are standing still and able to dps a fully debuffed mob 100% of the time. Is it a great tool for finding out stat weights and comparing gear? Sure. However common sense needs to come into play at some point. Wearing HoR in FL is a mistake, which means the exp on the rep cloak is utilized, therefore it is better than the Agi cloak. I agree the PvP cloak beats both of them, but that doesn't mean you should be telling other Rets to try and snag an Agi cloak that is going to make them look like an idiot to the rest of their guild.
    The only one blindly following anything is you. You do not have to be using the HoR for the cloak to be better just face facts the rep cloak sucks and there are two cloaks that are better just because the itemization isn't the best doesn't mean it's not better that is merely your opinion I'm actually looking at it from a mathematical standpoint and you are avoiding it.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-09-13 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Been very interesting to read everyones opinions on what is a better gear choice, and thats pretty much all i can see is opinions with the exception of Requital. Who is actually providing the math as to why the agility cloak is slightly better in the long run. That being said, stop trolling my god damn armory (Not you requital you can have my babies) its bothersome to have my character linked and molested over by some shmo who considers his opinion on gearing the only option (Insert stuck on BiS lists which dont exist funny here). End of discussion yes yes?

Stat weights/values are all relative shit like Censure change recently will surely put str ahead of ratings by quite abit again. No way agi cloak is on par with the other 2 but as stated earlier the pvp one is a good find. Also stick to the thread: Thread: Interesting gear choice - >[RET]< , don't think we give a crap about whats good/bis for prots here...