Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Firelands HC Helping Thread. (10M)

I am now making this thread since I see so many guilds asking questions about the firelands encounters
    You can ask me questions about any of the Heroic bosses in Firelands by PM or by just replying to thread.
    I have myself killed only 6/7 HC but on good way on Raggy so probably can help you out there aswell
    Also answering class related questions if needed, especially DK.

Can u AMS and not recieve debuff from orbs on Majordomo and still have the orb's beam go to you?

We're currently working on Shannox HC.. We got our arcane mage kiting and dealing with Rageface. But we always wipe because he gets too many stacks and ends up healing the mage or other players. We try and kite him ourselfs into the traps, if they are close. Any good advice ?
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    We're currently working on Shannox HC.. We got our arcane mage kiting and dealing with Rageface. But we always wipe because he gets too many stacks and ends up healing the mage or other players. We try and kite him ourselfs into the traps, if they are close. Any good advice ?
    If your trapping the dog.... then after he gets out of the trap make sure your far enough from it that you can kite long enough to drop stacks. If you trap the dog and stand right next to the trap and don't kite at all well that's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Can u AMS and not recieve debuff from orbs on Majordomo and still have the orb's beam go to you?
    Pretty sure you will still receive the debuff but will still lower the damage taken ofcourse. In our guild we are always letting the ranged soak the orbs tho

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Pretty sure you will still receive the debuff but will still lower the damage taken ofcourse. In our guild we are always letting the ranged soak the orbs tho
    Do you do that on heroic?

When we kill Domo on heroic we have a tank + melee take an orb and then two healers take another orb. This allows the ranged to keep their damage increase for super damages.

Deleted
    What class do you use to pewpew spiderlings and soak broodlings on beth'tilac? Any good advice? Tried both hunter and a dk, broodlings seems to get through the soaker either way. Any good advice on how this should be managed? We've thought about trying to position the group so the broodlings runs into the path of the soaker, dunno if that helps tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Do you do that on heroic?

When we kill Domo on heroic we have a tank + melee take an orb and then two healers take another orb. This allows the ranged to keep their damage increase for super damages.
    A fury warr and a frost dk bring quite superior damage, especially since they are killing the spirits and needs to maintain the debuff. Also we dont want the orbs close to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    If your trapping the dog.... then after he gets out of the trap make sure your far enough from it that you can kite long enough to drop stacks. If you trap the dog and stand right next to the trap and don't kite at all well that's the problem.
    We do that. But around 50% he begins stacking up to 40stacks and then eats players. I dunno if our mage is kiting him wrong and having a hard time kiting around the fire traps or what it is.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedymf View Post
    What class do you use to pewpew spiderlings and soak broodlings on beth'tilac? Any good advice? Tried both hunter and a dk, broodlings seems to get through the soaker either way. Any good advice on how this should be managed? We've thought about trying to position the group so the broodlings runs into the path of the soaker, dunno if that helps tho
    We use me (frost dk) to take the majority of them while soloing the spiderlings. If I needed help our disc priest took em whos also healing me mainly. (think its disc)

Quote Originally Posted by Ariyami View Post
    Are you using 4 ranged in your setup (2 ranged for each orb)? We are about to try Major HC and we'll go with 2 healers and I'm wondering if a healer can soak debuff? Or will healing required be too high in that phase? Using the tank to soak one orb together with a melee should work right, since the tank always takes damage anyway he can't keep up the concentration buff so you can have more people up with the buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    We do that. But around 50% he begins stacking up to 40stacks and then eats players. I dunno if our mage is kiting him wrong and having a hard time kiting around the fire traps or what it is.
    If he's getting to 40stacks then hes not getting kitted :P, you're just letting him hit you, he should always drop his stacks after you trap the dog. If people are getting hit right b4 he drop's the stacks then its their fault for not kitting.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using 4 ranged in your setup (2 ranged for each orb)? We are about to try Major HC and we'll go with 2 healers and I'm wondering if a healer can soak debuff? Or will healing required be too high in that phase? Using the tank to soak one orb together with a melee should work right, since the tank always takes damage anyway he can't keep up the concentration buff so you can have more people up with the buff?
    That is how we do it on 10man. There's a video of our first kill on my youtube channel in my sig.

I find that healers and tank + dps soaking allows for ranged to do a lot more damage during the phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedymf View Post
    A hunter is best by far. I'm the hunter in our 10man guild and I've been doing the spiderlings + broodlings for over a month now. The hunter almost needs a healer on him all the time cause he'll be taking big hits from the broodlings and might step into the orange stuff on the ground for a second or 2. Trick is to get as close to the spawning location as possible to have allot of room to explode the broodlings. If I miss any broodlings cause of bad positioning or its just plain going in a weird direction the healer on me explodes it. Also the 4th broodling I normally dont touch since I'm all ready on my way to the next set of spiderlings, so my healer gets it. The hunter should be using an appropriate AoE spec as well or else it won't work out very well esp if hes got a little less gear.

Deleted
    We are using 2 ranged for each orbs, 1 hunter 1 lock on one and 2 spriests on the other. Sometime we use 2 locks or bring in a balance druid instead of another dps, but yeah u catch my drift

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That is how we do it on 10man. There's a video of our first kill on my youtube channel in my sig.

I find that healers and tank + dps soaking allows for ranged to do a lot more damage during the phase.
    Thanks, nice video, especially impressive that you sit so much in scorpion to kill him even before 2nd seed phase. I feel like that's just taking an unneccessary risk but as long as you kill it, very clean kill

However, I'm asking specifically about the 2 healer tactic (and not the 3 healer tactic that was used in your video) and orb soaking. It should be possible to heal through the orb phase even if one healer is soaking and therefor doesn't have the concentration buff (only one healer with 100% healing and one healer with normal healing in that phase)?

How in depth are you willing to help? I mean, I'd love to get some in depth analysis going on through the use of logs for my guild. Lord Rhyolith is tearing the guild apart right now with our progress on him.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    A hunter is best by far. I'm the hunter in our 10man guild and I've been doing the spiderlings + broodlings for over a month now. The hunter almost needs a healer on him all the time cause he'll be taking big hits from the broodlings and might step into the orange stuff on the ground for a second or 2. Trick is to get as close to the spawning location as possible to have allot of room to explode the broodlings. If I miss any broodlings cause of bad positioning or its just plain going in a weird direction the healer on me explodes it. Also the 4th broodling I normally dont touch since I'm all ready on my way to the next set of spiderlings, so my healer gets it. The hunter should be using an appropriate AoE spec as well or else it won't work out very well esp if hes got a little less gear.
    Ah, thanks alot for this! The 4th broodling we didn't know about, this will prolly help us alot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    How in depth are you willing to help? I mean, I'd love to get some in depth analysis going on through the use of logs for my guild. Lord Rhyolith is tearing the guild apart right now with our progress on him.
    I can answer any questions about Lord Ryolith, quite simple fight even to its full RNG :

Fantastic, well ok, for a start would you mind giving me a brief overview of your strategy on killing him? Alternatively, a kill video could work.

Right now, we've managed to get fuse pretty much under control but can't seem to get turning him quite under control and that, of course, causes a missed volcano and thus crazy stacks.

Here are some questions

What kind of stacks are acceptable?
    How do you handle turning the bastard?
    How do you handle him activating a volcano all the way on the other side of the room?
    What do you do with the oozes and fragments?

Many thanks for your time.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh