Thread: Dead island MMO

Dead island MMO

If they come out with a Dead island MMO, would you play it? I know i would!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    If they come out with a Dead island MMO, would you play it? I know i would!
    There was a multiplayer game idea I came up with a while ago (I came up with whilst drunk way back when, so be kind), where basically it was a server set up with however many number of players *say 2000 per server* and a horde of zombie bots. Each "session" would last a week (at which point the server and environments would reset, and scores would be posted, who stayed alive the longest, who helped the most, etc. and rewards would be given that would either confer titles proving your badassness or help you better survive the next session). It'd be set in a persistent city environment with limited resources and randomly spawning safe areas (basically the horde moved around a lot, so some areas that were safe when you logged out might be death traps when you log back in, and it keeps you on the move). Players could become infected or else die,and eventually turn at which point they would effectively switch teams and would gain special zombie abilities to help them better hunt humans (as opposed to zombie bots where are just hordes of shamblers, there would be a zombie leaderboard for the session as well, mosthuman kills, most infected, etc.). If it could be developed well enough, and marketed and hyped so that it got a decent sized player base I think it would be an awesome idea for a game.

what is up with all these "if it was a mmo" threads lately.

I would go with no.

The seclusion is part of the apocalypse immersion. With thousands of "survivors" running around it wouldn't feel very apocalyptic. Plus, I don't know about you all but my chances of survival go down drastically when randomly grouped with people named "xXArthasXx" or "FuttBucker". No thanks, I'd rather chance it alone or with 3 close buddies MAX.

10+ Year Old Account
    so basically fighting undead everywhere in lets say a world like WoW then no thx wotlk was enough undead for me

besides theres plenty of zombie killing games just find a friend and play that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    There can very well be a zombie mmo in the works, it just needs to be done right.
    I'd like to point you to Class4. I CAN'T WAIT.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    so basically fighting undead everywhere in lets say a world like WoW then no thx wotlk was enough undead for me

besides theres plenty of zombie killing games just find a friend and play that
    no... just... no... basically there are servers with say up to 50 players maybe 100 on a huge map(a few cities and the free roads between them) and you kinda have to survive... every1 starts off alone in one of the randomly generated places and u have to find other survivors and try to basically survive kinda like in the Walking Dead
    Also when you die you can become a zombie and lose control of your char, just watch the zombie wander around killing anything it finds until it is killed or the session ends, in a week long sessions... or you get the option of starting a new char from scratch.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2011-09-12 at 04:21 AM.

Check out http://www.undeadlabs.com its a studio with Jeff Strain a former Blizz employee. They are making 2 games at the moment that are zombie related. The first being the base which the next will be built upon

http://undeadlabs.com/2011/02/news/q...s4-and-design/

Yeah just looked up Class3/Class4 and that sounds pretty awesome. I suppose I could get over my initial need to be a lone wolf to play something like that.