Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Luck of the draw. Playing basketball and drinking milk is a myth.
    I always understood it was a symptom rather than a cause, do people really think that?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWFlame View Post
    Hello people. I'm 6 feet tall and my goal right now is to get 2 to 3 inches taller. I am 17 years old and I know 6 feet isn't that small nor tall but my goal is to be 6'3 and I would like some ideas from you guys on how I can reach that goal. Thanks in advance!
    I think high heeled shoes might help you with gaining another 2 or 3 inches.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Very fitting for the topic. Saw it on TV. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To the rack with ye!
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

You really think there's something you could do to make yourself taller? Short people wouldn't exist. I remember in high school this girl missed a day of school because she went to see a doctor about why she was so short, I thought it was pretty funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a expensive surgery being done alot in Japanese women... inserting a 2'' metal rod into their legs... or i was told drinking lots of milk and sleeping in a dark room is supposed to help ... though if its not in ur genes or done with surgery i dont think ur going to get anything though growth spurts can happen up to around age 25 in men.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 12:14 AM ----------

I think Holy's idea will work.. but i dont think u will be able to live long enough to feel the effects in the morning :P
    Stop making me repeat myself! Its bad for my health!*Gundam Wing (Duo)*

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I always understood it was a symptom rather than a cause, do people really think that?
    Some people seem to think jumping helps. Played it throughout highschool and I'm only 5'6 so I just thought I'd put it out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find one of those old timey coin operated fortune telling machines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Jesus lol. No one is talking about getting drawn and quartered here.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    Jesus lol. No one is talking about getting drawn and quartered here.
    The surgery is kinda close to that

How tall is ''6,0'' in cm? ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    6'5", bitch
    Bitch please, 6'6"! xD

It is true actually, I am quite tall!

Im somewhere between 6'3" and 6'4". i have grown to hate low ceilings, and my basement especially dislikes my head. i have had staples once where i put a nice gouge in my head when i was in a rush(kid was crying upstairs) and didnt duck under a beam by the steps. there have been days where ive hit my head maybe 2-3 times or more.

so yeah, being tall is over rated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    The surgery is kinda close to that
    Wat....if that's the case then count me out. I may not be a prodigy walking on unworthy grass beneath my feet..but I'm pretty content with myself, ya know.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

quick use your bow more to get more skill points!!

(anyone?lol)

no but srsly theirs practicly no natural way to keep growing if your body is done growing dont rule any growth spurt outs till your atleast 22 helkl i just had one earlier this year and im 17 :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Become an astronaut and live in space. You're 2-3 inches taller there.

But really, 6 is more than enough. Well, except if you're in one of these countries were people are 6,3-6,5 inch tall, in which case, move to a real country. :P But it wouldn't surprise me if you grew 1-2 more inches since men grow taller (*cough* and bigger *cough*) till they are 21.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    How tall is ''6,0'' in cm? ;/
    probably 6 cm

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, *hugs *comfort (for whatever reason is making you concerned with this issue!)

Listen, your height is predetermined by your genes/DNA. Besides a horribly painful, not-yet-quite-perfected bone-lengthening surgery, generally meant for ppl who are affected by disorders that severely effects their height. It involves a very serious number of surgeries where both your tibia and the fibula are sawed through completely. Multiple holes are punctured through the skin of your legs at a number of diff sights to place the screws into the broken bones. A rod is inserted into both ends of each sawed off bone. As the broken bones begin their attempt to naturally heal, the screws are turned to stretch & pull the bones farther apart. Often more than once a day the screws are twisted & your leg bones are pulled farther apart & kept in a state of being sawed apart/broken. The
    entire process can take up to 2 yrs. Often only one leg is lengthened at a time so as not to overtax your body's healing abilities. Don't plan on being into sports afterwards.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4242093/...man-willpower/

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002965.htm

The only thing that can affect your height outside of genes is malnutrition that would stunt your growth, not boost or enhance it. If you grow up with a reasonable, well balanced diet you'll get what your genes will give you, no more. (no certain foods/herbs etc will make you taller than you would have been naturally).

No known ways to actually increase height/lengthen bone is yet available. And if you are thinking you might have found a product that promises you increased height, well you might as well be investing in some great land on Florida, a famous bridge that's for sale, meds/herbs
    for a huge weiner, wearing colone that drives any woman you want to fall at your feet... you get what I'm saying I hope.

I hope you aren't heartbroken or torn up about this issue. Its strictly appearance and not who you are. What you are made of, the way you approach the World & treat ppl is so much more important!

Anyway, I wish You all the Best ^^
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2011-09-12 at 06:10 AM.

Damn my visual mind and continuing to read Sugars post