Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We used 3 healers on our first to third or so kill. Even then we only had 2 meteors in p3 on our first, and our gear wasnt that good either. Since then we've 2 healed it all the time. I have to say I prefer going with 3 healers, much more relaxing

Deleted
    We only do it 2 heal. We did some tries with 3 and the dps was lacking for adds and making the overall fight a bit long.

We do it Holypala(me) and Rdruid.

Like someone said before, most of the damage is avoidable, so that's the thing everyone must focus.

I run with glyph holy wrath so i can help with adds on mid fase, and on second phase when eggs blow up and all those adds stack up, use it and they dont do any damage, for a couple of sec.

Use mid phases do regain mana, we usually pop a concentration potion taking turns in second phase, just to help out a bit.

ps: one more thing, there are no Healing Assignments with 2 heal on a 10 man, you just heal whatever needs to be healed...

Deleted
    If your raid knows what they are doing and dont screw up, 2 healing this makes the fight insanely easy.

Last week we gave 2 man healing it a go (Think it was our 4th kill) and the fight seemed like something from the old tier, it just went insanely fast

Deleted
    Two healing is not a problem as long as the raid has the magic resistance buff (which yours has) and enough raid cooldowns for the seeds (which you do)

The Holy paladin can mostly take care of the tanks with Beacon, you helping as needed with nuke heals.

You have enough raid cooldowns to take care of the seeds (which you will likely only get two of)

Divine Guardian - Prot pala
    Healing Hymn - Shad priest

Aura mastery & Spirit link.

pick two for each of the seeds and ask your fellow raiders to pop which ever personal cds they have to mitigate. Or simply all equip your Mirror of Broken Images and /lol at the seeds.

We have only ever 2 healed Rag in 10m.

The best setup we have ever used, and we have used a lot at this point to get everyone ready for when we did 25 man, was Holy Pally and Resto druid.

Resto Shaman and Disc or Holy priest works pretty well also.

What you have to remember is you essentially need a dedicated tank healer who is capable of healing 2 tanks (b/c of the debuff on OT) and can help toss raid heals when he has a chance as well as a raid healer who can help toss heals on tanks when burst damage comes in.

Resto druids rolling hots on the raid and a Holy Pally or decent Disco healing the tanks works pretty well. Honestly, once the heals makes it through Ph1 and the seeds in transition the rest is... really almost able to be healed with one moderately decent healer.

A resto druid and resto shaman work pretty well if the shaman is used to tank healing also, plus spirit link is a pretty solid CD to rotate in between tranqs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Honestly the fight is extremly easy to 2 heal. Few trick I know of is during the seed phase STACK and about 2-3 seconds before they come go the other side this makes it so that NOONE takes seed damage this also is used during HM. I know as a resto druid you can also easily solo heal it just as long as your dps are good and tank are good. Its not fun to solo heal but its doable since the boss die so extremly fast

IMO 2 heals this fight is the best way to go, especially if you're struggling with transition phase, or P3.
    We did it that way every time except for the 1st kill, but we bring a sp to have some more mana regen (which isn't needed if nobody stay in the fire or take waves but still)

My guild and I have a similar setup of tanks and healers to yours - we easily two heal the fight with a holy pally and a resto shaman, prot pal & warrior tanking. Use the transition phases for mana regen. The molten seed phase might prove some difficulties at first, that's where you need to pop cooldowns (aura mastery, spirit link totem, divine guardian etc), other than that it should be easy as long as people dont fail at blast waves.

2 or 3 works. we use 3, a friends guild uses 2.

2 Heal it every week with Disc Priest + Holy Priest. Phase 2 is the only place it feels hard but good cooldown usage solves that problem. You guys raid with 2 resto shamans? That's brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll try tomorrow, you guys think that Disc Priest and H Paladin(2 heals so) forms a weak setup for this?

My guild on our first kill 2 healed it with Disc Priest/Resto Druid.
    We killed it last night as Resto Sham/Hpal.
    And We have killed it many times before 3 healing with Hpal/Resto Druid/Resto Shaman.

3 Healing is overkill for us now since all our players are very good at only taking the unavoidable damage. For progression it can be a bit tricky. As with all fights, you need to play to your strengths.

Are your dps weak? having trouble with add transitions and meteor phase? Have "smart" healers? Then I may suggest 2 healing. Good 2 healing comps include:
    (In order of preference)
    Resto Druid/Hpal
    Resto druid/Disc
    Hpal/Resto shaman
    Hpal/Disc Priest
    A couple of things come along with this.
    -everyone need to avoid the avoidable damage.
    -murder the living seed adds immediately. Especially if you are rolling without a strong raid healer.
    -Healers must pop cds effectively. There is no room for error or getting behind on the heals.

Are your heals weak and dps strong? Tanks are dying/Dps not topped off for magma traps/Dying to living seed adds.
    Then run 3 heals.

-dps cds need to be used effectively for phase transitions with the adds.
    -knockbacks are a must for progression including help from healers and tanks.

Since you run with 2 arcane mages(yikes), and have no knockbacks. I would definitely suggest one of your shamans going ele for thunderstorm and you guys take the 2 healing route.
    Last edited by SHLAM; 2011-09-12 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    2 man heal is highly possible: Rest, Holy pala, Pala use aura mastery on first pack of seeds, shaman use totem on second, and if u get third, palas aura mastery should be up by then,

easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That's actually the ideal strat and unless your 5DPS are superbly amazing, you're going to HAVE to 6dps / 2 heal it =)
    You dont need super amazing dps to do it with 5 dps, its perfectly doable if you just get prober assignments on the adds, after the second time we got to last phase (of tries where i had been there atleast) we killed him, and only reason we failed first time was because it was about 5 in the morning, and i kinda paniced because i didnt have the right keybind. (im feral druid, so i need to moonfire the ball away, tho my moonfire aparently wasnt binded, and yeahhhh. )

We 2 heal it with a resto shaman (me) and disc priest every week. I only have to pull like 12k hps...it's really pretty easy. I'd say the 2 things you need the most are proper timing of traps in p1 so you don't blow through all your mana and proper seed placement in p2.

We 2-heal this on heroic with a hPaladin/rShaman, we haven't killed him yet though, mind you haha, but at the end of the night, we still 2-heal it for practice on regular with same healers, so it's doable.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    We regularly 2 heal it. Makes P3 really short. We typically run resto druid and holy pally.
    We use this same set up, he usually dies before the 2nd meteor lands:P But yes it should be 2 healed, makes it that much easier.

Deleted
    We 3 Healed it our first kill but the again we failed miserably and our shaman ended up healing p3 alone. have doen 2 heal since then.