Page 1 of 2
LastLast

single core PCs since 2005!!

My new 4 core pc arrives today! first time i will ever have a computer with more than 1 core rofl. woot woot ill actually be able to run wow and browse the internet without laggin!

Congrats, I used a laptop from 2007 to just a couple months ago to game on. I wanted to bang my head on the desk everytime I tried to run something.

from single to multi core was really a great improvement.

Keep in mind that WoW only runs on 2 cores, and if the quad core is less than 2.8ghz, you will still see that high settings can cause your frame rates to be non-ideal. For the best WoW machine I recommend a CPU that has at least 2 cores running between 2.8 and 3.4ghz.

na i got the 3.2 ghz one

What is this nonsense quoting ghz without specifying the architecture. That's like telling people how many laps you ran without specifying the distance of a lap >_>
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

i guess we will never know!

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy it matey! I went from an intel pentium 4 to a first generation media i5. That was lovely, and I am now going from my i5 to a sandy bridge i5 2500k. The fun ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Since its the new NFL season AND im in a eliminator (winner takes home 1,120 bucks) i want to be able to have multiple games playing on my screen at once...with this current single core computer im typing with it just has a crappy single core and it wil lag like a mofo if i try to stream 2 games at the same time lol

You will be amazed by the speed increase. Each core of the new CPU is probably significantly faster than you entire CPU right now.
    Though most games don't utilize the full 4 cores completely.

=) thats fine i rather have to many cores than not enough cores lol

Congratz :> i remember when i switched from my horribly crappy amd x2 cpu to a core i5. oh the joy<3
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

haha ya cant wait /drool i even shelled out some extra money (retard move but i dont care rofl) to get the full tower HAF case that thing looks sweet! Screw you mid tower cases with 2 boring gree lights!

i got a Corsair Obsidian 800D fulltower case xD \m/
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusgeorge View Post
    haha ya cant wait /drool i even shelled out some extra money (retard move but i dont care rofl) to get the full tower HAF case that thing looks sweet! Screw you mid tower cases with 2 boring gree lights!
    HAF has only one LED :P
    (altough I also like the design and it's big enough to make the installation a breeze)

i mean that sweet led fan /DROOL

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 11:43 AM ----------

well off to work darnit! gotta wait till tonight to play with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by chaley View Post
    Keep in mind that WoW only runs on 2 cores, and if the quad core is less than 2.8ghz, you will still see that high settings can cause your frame rates to be non-ideal. For the best WoW machine I recommend a CPU that has at least 2 cores running between 2.8 and 3.4ghz.
    This is incorrect. Maybe back in BC. Since then cata offloads data onto all 4 cores.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesphere View Post
    This is incorrect. Maybe back in BC. Since then cata offloads data onto all 4 cores.
    Not quite. Cata can technically run on 4 cores, but it doesn't do any better really than on 2-3 cores, since the primary thread uses as much cpu power as all the others combined. So using 4 cores will see 2-3 of them not being used nearly to their full potential.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats man. I do not even know what it is like looking at a single core anymore unless I am fixing friends computers. I have had multicore comps since around 2006. Singe is so slow now!

Grats. Welcome to 2011. Next year comes Windows 8. /facepalm lol. I woulda waited. But grats man. Upgrades are upgrades