Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm mildly hyped.. I'm more into the third person view RPG's so I'm hoping Skyrim's will be much better than oblivion's.

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    Pretty bold statement for a game that haven't been released yet, and one you have never played. This game-play footage is several months old. And likely to have been updated multiple times since then.
    You're right, but combat, as takolin pointed out, has never been its strong suit. That's my problem with these games. They spend so much time creating a deep, detailed, and rich world, yet they seem to spend so little time on the actual gameplay aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    The combat never was the strong point on the Elder Scroll series. But if you don't like the other ones, I doubt you'll like Skyrim.
    This is what makes me so sad about these games. I've never seen a more detailed and vibrant world with such potential. Even the skills system and such seems like a great idea, but if the passed games are any indication the gameplay is secondary or even tertiary to the graphics and realism. It seems like it wouldn't be hard for them to build it into the world, and yet they don't. They say in the first video that they build the game from the ground up every time, so why do they keep making the same short-sighted mistakes in the combat system?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's what people like. I love Oblivion and Morrowind and the simple playstyle is just fine with me. I'm MUCH much more interested in exploring, and walking around the world then fighting. If I wanted a good combat game, I'd play... I don't know, Infamous or something. (Just the first thing that comes to mind, pick whatever combat game you want)

It's not the fighting at all that's important, it's the exploration of the world, finding new caves, new dungeons, reading everyone's story, learning what the NPCs are like. J

I'm not even a big Elder Scrolls fan and that looks pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

It's dissapointing they are running through the same demo again just playing through it slightly differently but not really but we get to hear some music and some of the voices in the game so that is nice. Can't wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    It's dissapointing they are running through the same demo again just playing through it slightly differently but not really but we get to hear some music and some of the voices in the game so that is nice. Can't wait though.
    Well this is official, they planned to release this as first sight at gameplay. Its not their fault some jerk had to leak it.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Graphics look awesome, but it looks really boring. I'd get bored in an hour. To much running around.
    I bet you never ran to the urshilaku camp

The footage is a few months old but at least they're explaining the zones this time.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Graphics look awesome, but it looks really boring. I'd get bored in an hour. To much running around.
    Gonna go with: This game probably isn't for you.

I thought the game looked pretty sweet. The constellation "talent trees" are a cool idea. The part with dragons at the end was amazing. Absorbing dragon souls to upgrade spells is fucking nice and gives you an incentive to go out and hunt them. I was on the fence about getting this because I wasn't a fan of Oblivion, but after these videos I think it's a purchase I won't be neglecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Gonna go with: This game probably isn't for you.

I thought the game looked pretty sweet. The constellation "talent trees" are a cool idea. The part with dragons at the end was amazing. Absorbing dragon souls to upgrade spells is fucking nice and gives you an incentive to go out and hunt them. I was on the fence about getting this because I wasn't a fan of Oblivion, but after these videos I think it's a purchase I won't be neglecting.
    I just really really hope they fixed the leveling system. I'll be buying this for PS3, so I can't use mods. The problem with Oblivion (for me) was that if you wanted to get a +5 bonus in skills, you should take major skills that you would never use, unless you wanted to level up. This is really 'gamey' instead of immersive, and hated that. I know there are PC mods to fix it, but my laptop can't even handle Oblivion, and I'd rather the developer would fix this instead of modders.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I just really really hope they fixed the leveling system. I'll be buying this for PS3, so I can't use mods. The problem with Oblivion (for me) was that if you wanted to get a +5 bonus in skills, you should take major skills that you would never use, unless you wanted to level up. This is really 'gamey' instead of immersive, and hated that. I know there are PC mods to fix it, but my laptop can't even handle Oblivion, and I'd rather the developer would fix this instead of modders.
    According to the video they are making the leveling system such that the skills you use are the ones that level, period. The only issue I have with systems like this is if low level skills can be farmed to level indefinitely then its usually too easy or too grindy. If you are forced to use higher spells to gain skill then you can get into these dry areas where the spell you need to use to level is not a fun one to use. We'll have to see how it plays out.

As I said in my post earlier its not that I'm not impressed, I am just concerned because it looks so much like Oblivion in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    There are no major skills anymore. You just level by using all skills.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I'm mildly hyped.. I'm more into the third person view RPG's so I'm hoping Skyrim's will be much better than oblivion's.
    Pretty much this.

As mentioned before, the world looks awesome and immersive but if the gameplay is anything like Oblivion it will be a big no no from me.

If you are not excited about this game then it is not for you period, I like TES and how they stay true to the fans and while they may streamline some things from sequel to sequel it still remains TES at it's core. You're either an ES fan or you aren't, no one can convince you to give it a try. When I first played Morrowind I had to put it down for a few weeks because i simply got overwhelmed and didn't know what to do, I could go anywhere and do whatever I liked. I was level 20 before I even started working on the main questline(which I had forgot about) i was too busy exploring. If you want a fast paced game you will beat in a few hours you sol.

OT-that video is just the E3 demo from June, they may not release a new video between now and Nov and it will still be a best seller.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Deleted
    This is going to be so awesome.. z.z

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well this is official, they planned to release this as first sight at gameplay. Its not their fault some jerk had to leak it.
    It wasn't leaked, it was officially released by many major gaming news sites after E3 if I remember correctly.

They say in the first video that they build the game from the ground up every time, so why do they keep making the same short-sighted mistakes in the combat system?
    There are more than a single sword stroke in it. Granted, I admit that there aren't a lot and they're all rather simple, but I'd kind of like to know what you expect? Some fancy twirling sword play that would be utterly obnoxious in first person? Swinging at impossible angles just to add variety of strokes? This is kind of a case of "put up or shut up" to me. I'll admit the combat system isn't the fanciest and certainly isn't the reason to play an elder scrolls game, but I'm wondering what you actually expect from them other than "different". I'll also say that since I usually play an archer, I rarely have any problems with the combat system. I've yet to have any problem knowing if a spell has hit the target or not in any of them, and certainly haven't had the combat ever inhibit my enjoyment of the game.

Deleted
    Cant wait its gunna be awesome

I want to see how good the PC version will be >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    I want to see how good the PC version will be >.<
    Doesn't matter. People will just mod it into something good Thus is the popularity of Elder Scrolls.

Looks very pretty... but I hope that's not close to final product, when the wolf dies, it's so poorly animated. It goes into the kill slow mo, and he kicks it, then goes to chop it's head off. The wolf model just stands upright, then topples over. Also when he talks to the lumber mill operator, he throws a log on his shoulder, then it goes through his head, looks like it's crushed him then appears on the other side of the character model...

The terrain, very nice.
    The game play much improved.
    Character models need some polishing.