Would this improve pvp vs pve?

I have always wondered why Blizz has not seperated the trees in pve and pve.

Blizzard could seperate pve and pvp trees and you could not enter either without the correct spec. The trees would be completely different for pvp vs pve. You could adjust and balance with less impact on the other spectrum of play. My thought is you would have to have a pvp spec to enter a pvp activity other then world pvp, and be spec'd into pve for raid content.

None rated bg's, arena could not apply although I think it should, as this would be the "training" ground for new pvpers and would force them to practice in the same environment as they would be in a rated situation.

Short term keep the dual spec's and you would have to spec accordingly, just create a doulble layer of trees available. Based on sever data size and impact potentially add a 3rd/4th spec? Meaning dual specs for pve and pvp not 4 specs total. Just a thought what do you think?
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Deleted
    I would be happy if more skills affected PvP players differently from PvE players.

Frost mages are insane cause they want to balance their DPS in PvE but at the same time give them unlimited control and the ability to lock down casters.

Ive long since felt they need to just accept the fact that trying to balance pvp and pve results in nothing but discontent from the other side when you adjust something for one side.

wtb all/most spells having different dmg or effect on players than on pve mobs. No more pve nerfs because of pvp, and no more pvp nerfs because of pve.

The best thing imo, would be to make another type (beast, undead, elemental for example), "Player", and do it that every skill does something different for a Player type and something different for every other type (more / less damage, longer / shorter duration etc.). Once they actually discussed this topic and said that they don't want to do it because it would make every spec in the game completely different in pvp and pve, which I don't understand what would be the problem with this.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought of a few things that might change it:
    1. Spells have different affects on Players than Monsters.
    2. Balance characters completely for PvP, and balance bosses around what those characters can put out for PvE. Of course they would also have to re-balance tanks as-well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahagin View Post
    The best thing imo, would be to make another type (beast, undead, elemental for example), "Player", and do it that every skill does something different for a Player type and something different for every other type (more / less damage, longer / shorter duration etc.). Once they actually discussed this topic and said that they don't want to do it because it would make every spec in the game completely different in pvp and pve, which I don't understand what would be the problem with this.
    I was not aware this was discussed before the reality is we currently have different specs for pve vs pvp. When I do pvp (not as much anymore) I have a different spec. Pve most trees have a standard spec for max dps, then on certain fights such as Beth'tilac (The Spider boss) I play Hunter MM and have a unique spec for adds and soaking. That is just an odd response imo.
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Honestly, PvP and PvE should be completely separate.

Complete blue-skying here but:

I would love to be able to log onto a server that is separate from others, similar to the arena tournament realms, but instead of having the entire world instanced, have a modified versions of the best world PvP zones with cities in each that have the same vendors as the arena tournament.
    Servers completely dedicated to PvP and only PvP. Remove flying mounts, get everybody in one or a few smaller zones to incite world PvP and have some dailies to go with it that involve killing x amount of players of opposing faction in x areas.
    Talent trees specifically designed for PvP
    Tournaments player and server organized, similar to bloodline champions/SC2 etc.

/Sigh.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harvesting View Post
    we currently have different specs for pve vs pvp.
    No, we don't at all. Some are just BAD for PvE and BETTER for PvP, but in no means are they intended to be for either. I see arcane, frost and fire mages in arena. I see prot warriors, prot paladins and blood DK's in arena. In fact, the only spec I haven't seen in arena yet, is a combat rogue.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //