10+ Year Old Account

Demo Lock - Little help please?

First here is my Haste question:
    So I've only been raiding FL a couple weeks now (due to a previous account problem). I understand the rotation.. I know Int>Hit>Mastery>Haste>Crit but... I must ask.. Can you have too little haste? I feel like 10% haste might not be ideal (with DI). I know the more I attack the more Meta is likely to proc, but at the same time, in Meta I hit like a truck, but all of my casts feel slow.

Gear Help: (Looking for criticism or encouragement lol) <See pieces i'm aiming for>
    Here is my armory link.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vatives/simple

Here is a list of pieces i'm aiming for:
    T12 Helm
    FLowform Chocker (Domo)
    T12 shoulders
    Major Domo's Belt (from Rag)
    VP ring (Master/Hit)
    Vp Wand (Haste/Hit)
    Crystal Prison Ring from Shannox
    and the Rag staff (until the legendary staff)
    Everything else I plan on keeping. (I think my trinkets are ideal too) Until heroic that is. So any advice would be great.
    -Best Wishes
    Derivatives

P.S. I need some dot addon suggestions.. mine sucks.
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2011-09-14 at 06:41 AM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

I would put Synapse Springs on your gloves. Engy tinker. Macro it to whatever so it goes off every time it's off CD. Not sure if it shares a CD with other things we use.

If you reforge the haste on your chest to hit, you can reforge the hit on your DM:C back to mastery, effectively reforging haste -> mastery.

On your neck I would reforge haste->hit instead of mastery-> hit.

This of course assumes you want max mastery. People favor different builds. Mastery sims higher than haste thresholds but some people can't stand the slow casts. Just depends.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Deleted
    I try to keep around 13% unbuffed haste, while getting as much mastery (<int) that I can. I am just below the hitcap with my current gear. Darkmoon Card: Volcano + Moonwell Chalice ofc.

What you should go for, as demonology, depends ALOT on the fight. Need alot of metamorphosises? Then haste might be a better idea. Need a single put incredibly powerful one? Get a ton of mastery. The moonwell chalice fucks it up alot though, because of the 2 min cd. With 13% haste you'll already be pushing metamorphosis below that, depending on movement and rng. Since the moonwell chalice got introduced, things have changed quite a bit, and regardless of the fight, you'd want to have moonwell chalice active before you pop metamorphosis. Otherwise the trinket is a complete waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forged the haste on my chest to hit and bought the T12 pants instead of my 359s (Yay two set), but unfortunately I can't unforge my trinket now, because I no longer have hit to play with. (16.95% hit)

It's hard to say, the best advice you will ever get is to sim it yourself with different reforging profiles. It's also worth mentioning that the values of haste and mastery vary significantly depending on the length of the fight. Mastery relies heavily on the doomguard, so on a short fight with a high doomguard uptime you will find that it outshines haste by a long way. On a longer fight you'll find haste is much closer.

Just so you know though, with 4t12 and approx i378 gear, I found a slight dps increase (100-200dps depending on fight length) by reforging from around 1100 haste upto 1573 haste, and the BiS profile on simcraft also sits at around 1600 haste.

A lot of people will say that you want to avoid haste because you waste ID procs and don't reach any dot softcaps, but in reality haste will alway be useful due to faster casting/dot ticks.

Work out two reforging profiles, one with maximum mastery and one with around 1500-1600 (ideally 1573+ for multi-dot situations) and see how it works for you. It's pretty close either way so it's hard to say without testing your own gear.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    I would put Synapse Springs on your gloves. Engy tinker. Macro it to whatever so it goes off every time it's off CD. Not sure if it shares a CD with other things we use.
    That's an exceptionally poor suggestion that will result in you delaying your MWC, and possibly fucking up your Meta cooldown on every encounter. Avoid the springs, and most certainly don't macro them into every ability. If you want to stick with them, manage them individually.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    First here is my Haste question:
    So I've only been raiding FL a couple weeks now (due to a previous account problem). I understand the rotation.. I know Int>Hit>Mastery>Haste>Crit but... I must ask.. Can you have too little haste? I feel like 10% haste might not be ideal (with DI). I know the more I attack the more Meta is likely to proc, but at the same time, in Meta I hit like a truck, but all of my casts feel slow.
    Don't let your haste drop below ~1008, as a non-goblin. After that, stack Mastery and stack it hard as fuck. Things will be slow, but you'll hit like a truck. Haste is wildly overrated for Demonology. The tree isn't about slightly faster filler or hitting Corruption tick thresholds, it's about the Metamorphosis cooldown, the Doomguard cooldown and having a beast Felhunter. All mastery, all the time.

There are people out there that are having a hard time shaking the 'haste is king' mindset that comes with every other caster tree, or having difficulty adjusting to the slow, mastery-heavy play style, but it pays off in spades if you can make those adjustments.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2011-09-14 at 01:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is how i decide if i need haste or not

am i waiting on meta or moonwell
    if meta add haste
    if moonwell add mastery

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    this is how i decide if i need haste or not

am i waiting on meta or moonwell
    if meta add haste
    if moonwell add mastery
    It took me a moment to catch on, but that's a really good way to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt View Post
    Just so you know though, with 4t12 and approx i378 gear, I found a slight dps increase (100-200dps depending on fight length) by reforging from around 1100 haste upto 1573 haste, and the BiS profile on simcraft also sits at around 1600 haste.
    I'm rocking this as well, 1580 haste and everything actually lines up nicely most of the time.

I used to like the 1993 threshold mark for haste, but it's just too much; especially considering all the mastery you have to drop to get there

Deleted
    I forged the haste on my chest to hit and bought the T12 pants instead of my 359s (Yay two set), but unfortunately I can't unforge my trinket now, because I no longer have hit to play with. (16.95% hit)
    Try refrging some of that hit to mastery ( I run at 15% hit as demo and generally miss maximum 3 spells per boss fight - usually just 1) and yeah it feels weird not getting hit cap but it definatly ups my dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvib View Post
    Try refrging some of that hit to mastery ( I run at 15% hit as demo and generally miss maximum 3 spells per boss fight - usually just 1) and yeah it feels weird not getting hit cap but it definatly ups my dps.

I thought it was int>hit>mast>haste=crit

i reforge just like this ^ and i do about 33k on single target fights that last 5 minutes. this is all done with a 381 item level. my meta is always ready before my moonwell.

after my meta runs out the first time im sitting pretty at 40k. by the time my next meta and moonwell are ready im closer to 33k and this is where i stay for the rest of the fight.

did i mention that demo right now is amazing and i switched my main spec from aff to demo.
    Last edited by warician; 2011-09-14 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I'm rocking this as well, 1580 haste and everything actually lines up nicely most of the time.

I used to like the 1993 threshold mark for haste, but it's just too much; especially considering all the mastery you have to drop to get there
    Should I go out of my way to get this haste?

Example: Changing my mastery cog to a haste cog

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:16 PM ----------

Anyone? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    That's an exceptionally poor suggestion that will result in you delaying your MWC, and possibly fucking up your Meta cooldown on every encounter. Avoid the springs, and most certainly don't macro them into every ability. If you want to stick with them, manage them individually.[COLOR="red"]
    Like I said in the post you quoted, "Not sure if it shares a CD with other things we use." Anyway, what's the point of being engineering without Synapse Springs, it's Engy's DPS cd. Why not just pop it after you pop all your other things so you still get value out of it?
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    With the moonwell chalice now you probably want to go for the 1575 haste threshold. The corruption tick was nice but it's not worth it anymore. People think because Immolate is reset it doesn't help for single target damage. The thresholds increase the frequency of ticks so It doesn't matter even if the dots get refreshed. Immolate...if you're doing it right should be your second highest damaging spell behind shadowbolt. Having too much haste >1575 and you're DS,moonwell timers will be off from Meta. Too little and you're waiting. 1575 is the magic spot.

Edit: Once you reach 1575 crit is surpassing its value for me over haste.

Again this is only if you are using the Moonwell
    Last edited by Palmz; 2011-09-15 at 03:53 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    DotTracker and ForteXorcist are great addons for warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Like I said in the post you quoted, "Not sure if it shares a CD with other things we use." Anyway, what's the point of being engineering without Synapse Springs, it's Engy's DPS cd. Why not just pop it after you pop all your other things so you still get value out of it?
    he wasn't talking about not useing the CD using t is fine it's the macroing it in with another ability
    I.E. shadow bolt

what happens is this say you are fighting atramedes the gloves just come off CD and you fire off a shadow bolt using said CD now atramedes goes into flight mode and you can't dps because you have to run around = wasted CD

Should I go out of my way to get this haste?

Example: Changing my mastery cog to a haste cog

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 09:16 PM ----------

Anyone? =P
    No. No you shouldn't. There isn't anything magical that happens at 1580 haste.

Mastery Mastery Mastery! Elitistjerks website has a good post covering demo warlocks, it tells you what to reforge and when, what gems, what stats, etc.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110366-...m_4_2_release/

It's all there in front of you, you just need to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    Mastery Mastery Mastery! Elitistjerks website has a good post covering demo warlocks, it tells you what to reforge and when, what gems, what stats, etc.

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110366-...m_4_2_release/

It's all there in front of you, you just need to understand it.

stop..... don't tell people what to go for yes mastery is good for demo if you meet a couple conditions
    for me haste simmed better then mastery till i got moonwell

if you want to know YOUR stat weights you are goin to have to sim YOURSELF

mastery>haste is for BiS profiles

in fact in that same guide you link it says this

Stat Priorities

This is subject to change depending on your actual gear setup.

Int >> Hit (to cap) > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2011-09-15 at 02:11 PM.