15+ Year Old Account

Intel and Asetek Team Up For Liquid CPU Cooling

Hello all

Tought it would be nice to share this with the rest of the community.

Intel and Asetek will be releasing a closed loop watercooling solution for CPUs around the time Sandy Bridge-E hits the market.

Source:
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1707/1/
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Interesting... I wonder if it'll be any better than existing closed loops.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Interesting... I wonder if it'll be any better than existing closed loops.
    Asetek was co-operating with Antec and Corsair to make their CPU coolers.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    If they start shipping this with their $500+ CPUs, then great (highly unlikely) - but judging by the pictures it looks cheap and plastic-y. It's nice to see more choices when it comes to closed-loop solutions though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its the cooling system thats supposed to come with the socket 2011 cpu's, probably the extreme edition as its been reported that it wasnt going to come with a stock cooler.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy Cats!!!!! lol JK, good to see they know to provide good cooling solutions for high end products.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Copy Cats!!!!! lol JK, good to see they know to provide good cooling solutions for high end products.
    As nice as it sounds, i am in no way interested in stocking up 3-4 liquid CPU coolers over the years. Especially considering that 1155/1156/2011/1366/AM3/AM3+ fits the same coolers with a 2$ bracket. And i have little doubts that this is going to change anytime soon.

I dont think they will ship these with i5-2500k level products, but i still think this is a step in the wrong direction. People that buy 500$+ CPUs know their shit and probably have their own prefered CPU cooler.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2011-09-15 at 09:25 AM.

- Prince Malchezaar

These won't be shipped with the Sandy Bridge-E as it will come without a stock heatsink completely. This loop will be sold separately and not be included with CPUs. Perhaps they'll make special (ie, more expensive!) bundles, though at a later date.

It's said to beat push/pull H70 with only one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    I dont think they will ship these with i5-2500k level products, but i still think this is a step in the wrong direction. People that buy 500$+ CPUs know their shit and probably have their own prefered CPU cooler.
    The i5-2500K being a midrange and mid-performance chip won't have these included, so don't worry about it.