Unhappy Problem with recording games, help needed.

Hello, i made a post about this on xfire, but since they take all day to respond, i figured here would be more beneficial.

Today i started, video capturing games on Xfire, so far i have only done it for Starcraft 2, i did a commentary for a Starcraft 2 replay, after i finished, i uploaded the video to my xfire client, and when i went to view it my Windows Media Player came up with the video that i recorded, (i guess windows media player is the default player).

So when i was viewing it... i noticed a HUUUGE!!! problem, that my commentary was like 15-20 seconds ahead of the actual gameplay that was recorded... so i was like WTF?

Obviously i commentated i guess you can call it ''in real time'' during the gameplay that i was video capturing... but after the video uploaded... its a 15-20 seconds delay... i dont understand why this would happen, and is a big problem, especially when i upload it to the public and viewers willl be like WTH? is this guy dumb or something talking 15-20 seconds before something actually happens during the gameplay.

Help needed, and thanks in advance.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well first tip is to tell you that most guys who commentate will do so after the fact and they use a program like Sony Vegas to add in the audio track after the video has been recorded.

Also my experience with Xfire is that it is shite, but that is just my own experience.

Well im going to go download the trial verson of Sony Vegas Pro 10, see if it will help me, but then again, i dont understand why it recorded the actual gameplay fine... but the audio (my voice commentary) came in like 15-20seconds before what was actually happening on the game...

And i dont know about how bad xfire is or is not.. i know a whole lot of people do this kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Slizardxoxo View Post
    Well im going to go download the trial verson of Sony Vegas Pro 10, see if it will help me, but then again, i dont understand why it recorded the actual gameplay fine... but the audio (my voice commentary) came in like 15-20seconds before what was actually happening on the game...

And i dont know about how bad xfire is or is not.. i know a whole lot of people do this kind of thing
    fraps is better than xfire
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    fraps is better than xfire
    Do you mind telling me why? (not being a smartass fyi) just wanting to what is the difference, or why you would prefer Fraps >xfire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-syncing audio in any editor should be an extremely simple task, so if that's the only problem then I'd say it's not much of a problem

But it becomes a different matter if it varies in how off sync it is. Is it a constant 15 second offsync or does it become more and more out of sync the longer in you're playing?

Might be a problem related to how many frames per second the program was able to capture, trying to compensate for not reaching its goal and failing in that. How many frames per second are you recording?

Do you mind telling me why? (not being a smartass fyi) just wanting to what is the difference, or why you would prefer Fraps >xfire?
    Less of a performance hit while recording.
    Also more reliable / less buggy, and works for more games.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    fraps records in uncompressed format resulting in better recording quality whereas msi and xfire compress on-the-fly so that the video sizes are smaller, but the video quality is also less
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

what is the difference, or why you would prefer Fraps >xfire?
    Fraps has higher video quality and supports DX11 mode. Both of those are a problem for xfire.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Re-syncing audio in any editor should be an extremely simple task, so if that's the only problem then I'd say it's not much of a problem

But it becomes a different matter if it varies in how off sync it is. Is it a constant 15 second offsync or does it become more and more out of sync the longer in you're playing?

Might be a problem related to how many frames per second the program was able to capture, trying to compensate for not reaching its goal and failing in that. How many frames per second are you recording?
    I had a about 5-7 FPS during the whole 12minutes of the recording, and yes the 15-20seconds were off sync during the whole video from start to the end.