Question Rogue or Hunter - More enjoyable BG toon?

Was curious to hear from the RBG and casual BG players whether they enjoy a rogue, or a hunter when it comes to BGs. My main is a priest and I do enjoy that role, however lately I've felt like playing a more strategic class with stealth (not druid). I have enjoyed defending flags as a hunter, I think camo is a fun tool. The rogue is definitely a lot more twitchy for me, and harder to play well, but I'm all for a challenge if the reward is there.

My favorite BG's are gilneas and arathi. Also, have little to no interest in arenas.

What are the pro's and con's in your experiences? Prefer feedback from 85 BGs.

Thanks!

Just got my hunter to 85.. All i can say is that even though theyre slightly more fun than a rogue, they do way less damage, put out way less pressure, and are just underpowered as hell in PvP right now. But.. BUT.. they are extremely fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Just got my hunter to 85.. All i can say is that even though theyre slightly more fun than a rogue, they do way less damage, put out way less pressure, and are just underpowered as hell in PvP right now. But.. BUT.. they are extremely fun to play.
    Hunters are insane in Bg"s always have been always will be. Bgs are basically catered to how hunters play you can just sit back and destroy people without anybody training you, Being under powered in arena has nothing to do with that. Also if you cant put out pressure in a chima readiness chima you are doing it wrong you can basically global people in full resill gear, maybe your hunter just has no gear.

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Hunters are insane in Bg"s always have been always will be. Bgs are basically catered to how hunters play you can just sit back and destroy people without anybody training you, Being under powered in arena has nothing to do with that. Also if you cant put out pressure in a chima readiness chima you are doing it wrong you can basically global people in full resill gear, maybe your hunter just has no gear.
    Well yes, when you're in the back sniping you can put out a large amount of pressure and in BGs you can kite endlessly if you use your cooldowns right, but as soon as you get hit by a DK, feral, or warrior, you're pretty much screwed if they know what they're doing. Of course, warriors are much easier to kite than a DK, and ferals aren't too bad if you prevent their opener, but... It could just be my low resilience/gear right now, it's probably effecting my opinion.

Gilneas and AB are both flag-cap maps. You'll enjoy Rogue more as you can sap (if trink -> blind) and ninjacap a base if it's been left with 1 person in defense.

They are also amazing for FoK'ing and ganking people 1v1. Personally, i find being annoying really enjoyable so i'd roll Rogue.

having done both I really enjoy my rogue for BG's for the utility factor. Being able to stealth around, sap people mid field to delay them getting into fights, or dropping a smoke bomb and killing a flag carrier is all really helpful in BG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    having played both extensively (leveling brackets), I would say by far I enjoy the rogue more. Very high degree of control over when to open and usually being able to pick your own target without hindrance. Unrivaled cc utility. In WSG in particular, a skilled rogue can exercise an awful lot of influence via efc intercept/kills, healer kills, etc. I would think now that blizzard changed wsg to help gy campers camp more, you could keep some healers gy'ed.

Still wondering where an addon is that shows the gy rez cycle timer in wsg.

Deleted
    bgs definitely hunters > rogues in rated not so much.
    especially in warsong/twin rogues bring nice utility such as smokebomb and opening damage.

both are very good at max level, you're invaluable if you know how and when to smoke bomb and as a hunter you've got traps to lay down and decent damage if left alone with some fairly good cc. You'll find a lot of people in bgs trinket scatter shot only to get trapped after and it's pretty funny when that happens

I would say hunter for bg's.
    And i say this because my main is a rogue but i see this all the time, If you're not good on the rogue you will fail hard.

I like going for huntards on my rogue, isnt much fun letting them range u till ur dead. Just whatever play style u like more. Melee or range, they both are good. Whatever class is more fun for you. But in BGs as a hunter u can just sit back and shoot dumb players all day lol so that sounds really fun. Either way if ur a bad player you will get pwnt all day till u get ur skillz up haha
    Last edited by artisan661; 2011-09-15 at 09:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    roooogue. lol stealth, cheap shot, backstab-backstack---- (option A, vanish if person is not dead, option b, dance on their body if theyre dead)
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

hunter for kills, rogues for control.. taaadaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Thats because your undergeared, or dont know how to play a hunter, high skill class to do well...

I would go with a rogue, choose your own battles, high skill cap also but atleast you can hide a lil more and be picky

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    I <3 back row hunters. Food for me! Rogues run shit.

Rogues for sure. Like already mentioned, they can put way more pressure and do way more damage. Plus smoke bomb is the reason you get RBG teams.
    Hunters are fun to toy around with, but there damage is easily tankable by any class especially healers. The plus they have is they can provide great peels and CC, but when it comes down to a DPS race you're not going to be winning.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

I really love my Hunter, but i'd say rogue, i have one that i played this season and there's so much stuff you can do in BGs, you can solo carriers easily most of the time and most of your control abilitys (save for Blind) don't rely on the IQ of your teamates like Hunter ones does.

Both are very good though.