Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Iam gona be frank 6year warlock here, and I can only say I used to had more fun than Iam having atm. Maybe its becuase of firelands mechanics or else, I dont know.

The most fun I ever had with warlock was at ICC25hc, the least was at Sunwell(sb spam), atm isnt the worst but isnt great either thats my honest opinion others may disagree.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2011-09-23 at 12:22 AM.

ahh the warlock.....

when i 1st met wow i was as any1 else would be...overwhelmed. it took a great deal of time to learn the mechanics of the game. i played various classes up to about level 20 or so then tried another.
    when i got to the warlock i never looked back, never. was so much fun and reflected my personality perfectly!
    reguardless of any nerfs i still played the warlock, because at the end of the day, its my class.
    eventually i cheated on it with warrior tho :P but i still go back to warlock for my fix.

wanna know what my most memorable moment was playing lock? i will tell you!

dropping dots on every1 (sl-sl spec) followed by an infernal while on the isles of quel danas for BC...good times that will never come back
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

I personally have an incredible amount of fun on my warlock, I like having to press more than just a few buttons (I'm lookin' at you arcane) or spam the same button on CD every other GCD (I'm lookin' at you fury and ret). I can't quite get the hang of affliction but I've never had more fun than with demo right now, it's absolutely nailed the flavor of the class in my opinion (The idea of mastery making you better at using your demons is a great and subtle-ish bit of flavor) My only complaint is the 10min cd on the doomguard but my raid group always takes a few mins and discusses where we went wrong after each wipe and make changes where needed so most of the time its off cd by the next pull.

You should play a warlock if:
    1. You want to invest a solid amount of time in learning your class (and spec[s])
    2. You want to be a pet class without having to be nice to them.
    3. You want no one in your raid group to be able to give you helpful suggestions about your class.
    4. You're tired of being able to bind all your mage abilities to your mouse and eat a hot pocket with your free hand.
    5. You're alright with every other cast in pvp needing to be fear (at least in my experience)
    6. And you don't expect class changes in cataclysm.
    7. You want to embarrass lazy/pug dps once you have your spec down pat.

Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    demonology got roughly 17-19 spells to use in a fight(pve) to do competative dps :P IT IS AWESOME !!!!
    what are you talking about? there's like.. 10

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo: CoE, BoD/BoA, Immo, Corr, HoG, SB, Incin, Meta, DS, Shadowflame, Soulburn, Summon Felguard/Felhunter, Doomguard, Portal summon/use (yes I count this for max DPS since it reduced movement), Synapse springs (if engi), Felstorm, hellfire, soulfire.

Use only those 8 you're referring to and you're not maximizing output.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Muschi View Post
    Demo: CoE, BoD/BoA, Immo, Corr, HoG, SB, Incin, Meta, DS, Shadowflame, Soulburn, Summon Felguard/Felhunter, Doomguard, Portal summon/use (yes I count this for max DPS since it reduced movement), Synapse springs (if engi), Felstorm, hellfire, soulfire.

Use only those 8 you're referring to and you're not maximizing output.
    Demonic Portal is not used in your rotation, you're just trying to make it seem like you have more buttons than you actually do.

that's just like a Paladin saying "LOL I USE BUBBLE FOR DPS BECAUSE I CAN NOT DIE"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahlia View Post
    Demonic Portal is not used in your rotation, you're just trying to make it seem like you have more buttons than you actually do.

that's just like a Paladin saying "LOL I USE BUBBLE FOR DPS BECAUSE I CAN NOT DIE"
    Well it does make the difference between a good dps and an average dps. Being able to do dps and still survive.

Quote Originally Posted by warician View Post
    here ya go

affliction = easy mode
    demo = fun mode
    destro = mage mode (although ive never had a mage)
    "mage mode" = idiot

as for OP, is warlock fun or not, that isnt rly a serious question, isnt it ? domination on the pvp field and ownage in pve battles seems surely fun to me
    Last edited by backdraft; 2011-09-23 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Engineering has nothing to do with the class and if you're using Hellfire, there's something wrong with you. Same with Soulburn and Shadowbolt (save for the occasional proc). Demonic Circle: Summon & Demonic Circle: Teleport have no bearing on your actual rotation. I know they suggest using Immolation Aura and Shadowflame to boost your DPS but I'm not convinced it's as much of a help as they claim and why did you include Summon Felguard/Felhunter? That's not a part of your rotation either.
    I have to wonder... Do you even play a fucking Demo lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Engineering has nothing to do with the class and if you're using Hellfire, there's something wrong with you. Same with Soulburn and Shadowbolt (save for the occasional proc). Demonic Circle: Summon & Demonic Circle: Teleport have no bearing on your actual rotation. I know they suggest using Immolation Aura and Shadowflame to boost your DPS but I'm not convinced it's as much of a help as they claim and why did you include Summon Felguard/Felhunter? That's not a part of your rotation either.
    Wait, what? O.o

Hellfire is the highest aoe for demonology (outside cooldowns)

Shadowbolt is the filler you use as demo (outside procs and execute)

Immolation aura and Shadowflame are both dps increases

As demo to do max dps you should be hardcasting felguard for demon soul and soulburning out a felhunter afterwards

So... yeah, do you play demonology?
    Last edited by Perath; 2011-09-23 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    I love my succubus spanking me every now and then.

And for the record, I don't play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a warlock since 2005 and for the last year Im doing demonology PvE. It is quite fun but you must get used to not being able to use fun transform items in encounters >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

BS

That's the point of view of a warlock.

Put a mage on a warlock character, and you'll get :

Affliction : omg i loose soo much dps if one spell is cast at the wrong time !
    Demo : Wtf are all these buttons ?!
    Destro : ok i am bored now.
    I play a mage right now and I am sure I could get on any class, including a warlock, and do great dps no matter how many buttons there are. Being a mage does not mean you're a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Malixer View Post
    I play a mage right now and I am sure I could get on any class, including a warlock, and do great dps no matter how many buttons there are. Being a mage does not mean you're a bad player.
    exactly, all depends on player. as a warlock i enjoy play mage, i leveled it to see what 'the competition' is and so far i have fun with both classes. i dont like fire very much, cuz i find it like a mix of destro and affli, and i definitely hate ppl to say that destro is fake fire spec

Deleted
    Warlock is probably most fun class in PvE, most boring class in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    I love alts, I make a new one every few seconds. I have all classes but Warlock.
    I leveled one back in Wrath but only to like lvl 63 or something, as Destro.

I deleted it because I got bored, real fungin bored.

So I'm asking, is Warlock a fun class to level and at 85 do PvP?

I know about the new spells and abilities they got in Cata.

also, what spec is the best to level, haven't tried Affli never ever..

Thanks in advance
    Probably the most fun caster to play. Unfortunately, their rotations are so convoluted, I prefer playing my mage...

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Right now warlocks are in a pretty horrible state in terms of fun.

For serious pvp you are being pigeonholed into affliction spec where all you do is spamming unstable affliction and fear, pretty boring imo.
    For non-serious pvp you are pretty much a free kill due the lack of defensive tools and damage we have.

For pve you have the luck of having 3 viable speces however both destro and demonology feel pretty clunky if you are trying to get the most out of your class. Also, demonology is currently in a pretty buggy state which in my opinion is no fun at all. For affliction, it's a nice spec but right now it feels like a shadowpriest with a bad designed filler and a pet.

Warlock is just a class you'll either hate or love.
    Like the previous poster said, I think they're fun but there have been better days, lot better.
    wth demo spec are u playing thats clunky and buggy? only clunky lock spec is destro.

Deleted
    Everyone should, at least once, experience demo lock leveling in cataclysm. I've been affliction since BC and since level 10. Even on raids I was affli and topping meters. But that was BC and pugs. Long time since then.

Its really fun to me when I can control pet and they have all these cool things, like fel storm. No hunter pet has whirlwinds, knockbacks, purge, defensive magic dispel on pets come on now (I like hunters mind you). To me its the feeling of the class really. Demonic powers, demons, fel energy. All that good stuff.
    It has its flaws but it can also top meters. Its fair deal to me.

Personally the best class in pve. The spell priority/rotations is good enough to keep intrest for years (well for me it has). Theres always ways to find new uses for spells on each boss, which also adds to my like list. Its not "omg this boss is different so hard to figure out" its just those little things rather than "mash two spells on all bosses in the game".

Quote Originally Posted by daylanhammer View Post
    wth demo spec are u playing thats clunky and buggy? only clunky lock spec is destro.
    Demo is most definitely clunky and buggy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Demo is most definitely clunky and buggy
    I agree with this statement. The reason it's viable right now is because of a bug with the Doomguard.

Now I guess you could say that the rotation works for some people, but I don't feel as if it flows. At all