Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cpu watercooling, temperature?

ok, i just hooked up my cpu watercooling corsair h80 to my cpu 2600k, and when i check the temperature it says about 30*C. i have not performed any sort of overclocking. isn't this rather high? and 30*C is when the cpu load is at about 2%, it doesnt seem to cool at all.

i put the fan pin from the cooler itself to the motherboard the 4pin molex(?) to the powersupply and the fans that cool the radiator to the cooler. did i miss something?
    Last edited by Clut; 2011-09-14 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    No, that's good. o_o

Uhh no? Considering room temp is 25C I think youre doing great!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    30C is good for idle. Max on those is more than triple that.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

ok lol, cuz i gave my heatsink to a friend of mine (sitting beside me) and he's rocking 20*C at 50% load

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your ambient temps as well, CPU's can idle anywhere from 25-40c even with aftermarket coolers. Just because it's using water doesn't mean you're going to see 18-25c idles, it's a closed loop. 30c is completely fine, quite cool.
    It's the LOAD temperatures that you need to worry about, that's the real test of the cooler doing it's job. Convert a video or use Intel Burn or something to force your CPU cores to 100% usage for like 10 mins, then tell us temps.

If you're REALLY concerned you can remove the cooler, wipe off the thermal paste from both the CPU and the block with some isopropyl, apply some nice new paste, re-mount it and check temps again. The H80 comes with some pre-applied thermal paste doesn't it? Never been a fan of that, I like to apply it myself :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clut View Post
    ok lol, cuz i gave my heatsink to a friend of mine (sitting beside me) and he's rocking 20*C at 50% load
    Yeah and where is his pc located?
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

well, as for the thermal paste, i managed to smudge some on the cpu from the stock cooler then just put the h80 with the paste on after. i have a tube of thermal paste beside me, perhaps i should put it on manually. and btw what is intel burn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Temperature sensor broken, or he's overexagurating by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Yeah and where is his pc located?
    on the floor two meter beside mine. sitting in the same room. that must be one bad ass heat sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Temperature sensor broken, or he's overexagurating by a lot.
    Mine idles in my basement 18-22C, because it's my unfinished basement and super cool down there.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 03:47 PM ----------

on the floor two meter beside mine. sitting in the same room. that must be one bad ass heat sink.
    Maybe, is his setup the same as yours? Are there any A/C registers nearer his computer compared to yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Mine idles in my basement 18-22C, because it's my unfinished basement and super cool down there.
    He said 50% load, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    and btw what is intel burn?
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBur...load-2047.html

Just one of many small stress-testing programs that thrash all your CPU cores by forcing it to calculate ridiculous mathematics, it also tests your RAM and how well it's working with your CPU.
    Mainly to get an idea of the *absolute* maximum temperatures you could possibly get, the perfect way to test your CPU cooler. Also once you get into overclocking (and seriously, do it. 2600K + H80 = waste of money if you don't overclock) it's the best way to find out if your overclocks are stable or unstable.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    He said 50% load, though.
    Eh, I missed that. Yeah, prove it.

im gonna get into the overclocking after a bit.

well anyways, i decided to go against the corsair recomendations and use my 2 radiator fans as an outtake, as it's located right beside my 200m outake, i have 2 200m inntakes aswell, should i turn it around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBur...load-2047.html

Just one of many small stress-testing programs that thrash all your CPU cores by forcing it to calculate ridiculous mathematics, it also tests your RAM and how well it's working with your CPU.
    Mainly to get an idea of the *absolute* maximum temperatures you could possibly get, the perfect way to test your CPU cooler. Also once you get into overclocking (and seriously, do it. 2600K + H80 = waste of money if you don't overclock) it's the best way to find out if your overclocks are stable or unstable.
    That version lacks the newest Linpack libraries... thus it doesn't stress Sandybridge very well.

its prob not the same but my cpu with coolermaster v6 gt on a hot day is 24c on idle.. with all case fans on low but my processor is a amd phenom x6 1055t -_- but still its aircooling.. ive seen it drop to 18c on idle before but on 90 percent cpu i seen it get to 35c
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    That version lacks the newest Linpack libraries... thus it doesn't stress Sandybridge very well.
    Says 2.3 but you get 2.51 in the .zip it links to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says 2.3 but you get 2.51 in the .zip it links to.
    Ah, whoops :P Well, just in case... heres a link to Intels latest Linpacks

http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...pack-download/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    its prob not the same but my cpu with coolermaster v6 gt on a hot day is 24c on idle.. with all case fans on low but my processor is a amd phenom x6 1055t -_- but still its aircooling.. ive seen it drop to 18c on idle before but on 90 percent cpu i seen it get to 35c
    Afaik AMD idle temp accuracy is a little shaky as it can drop below ambient. Under load it should be cooler than a Sandy Bridge (or any intel) chip but the Tjmax is also lower compared to Intel.