Thread: Monitor < $200

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Monitor < $200

I'm looking for a decent 23"+ monitor and I've heard complaints against some of the LED models especially Asus VH238H/ASUS VE247H. The ASUS VE247H is on sale for 169.99 with instant rebate + free shipping but I'm concerned about the quality. Any suggestions where or what I should start looking into or recommendations (pref. thro newegg.ca, canadian.)

Asus - VE247H.
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-24236112-L02B

I have built like 10+ systems for people using this same monitor, and I have only had 1 rma, and the box was beat up, so I assume shipping damage. They look fine, and perform well. My customers have had 0 complaints (so far, oldest build was 11 months ago). They are cheap for as much desktop real estate you get. The only real con I have found, is that the speakers are total complete garbage. I mean GARBAGE. But the monitor itself is a good one. Bang for the buck ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an ASUS VH238H monitor and I love it. From what it looks like there is almost 0 difference aside 'speaker quality' but that is negligible.

I will agree with ld420 though, do not plan on using the speakers heavily. They are OK at best, pretty crappy at worst. You're better off getting a set of speakers for 20-30$ for far superior sound quality and the ability to adjust where you want to place them on your desk.

I actually got the ASUS 238H for 150$ after my 10$ rebate at my local Fry's. So it was a steal of a deal for such a good monitor.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently bought a Asus VE247H about a week ago, ive only had 1 complaint, When im playing dead island, once and awhle (not very often) my screen will go black, and the little window comes up that normally comes up when the monitor powers on. But i dunno if thats a monitor issue, or some issue related the game's graphics / bugs / or something else.

I bought mine from NCIX and im 100% happy with it. I love how it has both kinds of connections to my PC, a VGA plug in, and a DVI plug in, and you get both cords.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's about as much bang-for-your-buck you'll get out of a 23.6" monitor.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    won't be using speakers but I was looking at the 238 model and it has 50,000,000:1 compared to 10,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio. Is this even noticeable? I'm debating if it's worth to spend the extra $50 on that model or not even bother.

I'd recommend the ASUS VS248H-P. Its $200 and It's the best LCD-LED monitor you could get In that price range. The 24" and the 2ms response time makes It great. You won't be seeing any ghosting with this bad boy.