Immolation aura cooldown.

There's always one thing that goes through my mind when my immolation aura gets off cooldown and that's, should I use it again? There's always a 4-5 seconds left on meta when it does come off cooldown so I was wondering if it's a dps loss or gain to use it twice even though the second time would only be a few seconds

Deleted
    I am yet to understand why both demon form abilities have such stupid CD times.

if u use it as soon as it comes off c/d and u use it as soon as u pop meta u should have 6 seconds left. yes its a dps increase to do it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

If you are able to get 4+ ticks out of immolation aura, it does more damage than a shadow bolt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simcraft action priorities currently use it only once. I haven't tested using it twice, but delaying it to wait for procs seems to give a decent increase and this is how I've been using it in game.

----
    I just tested it and I'm not finding an increase when using it twice. It's around a 60(50) dps loss to use it twice and lower in the action priority. It's around a 125(110) dps loss to use it twice and higher in the action priority. This was tested in the BIS T12H (and in () my gear at 382ilvl.)
    Last edited by OOMM; 2011-09-14 at 10:38 PM. Reason: ran some sims
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Figured as much, guess i'll keep not using it O_o I'm at 381 ilevel so not very far from you so it should be the same results

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know it is a small dps loss on single target and a small dps boost on multiply targets.
    So only use it for a second time if you are able to hit at least 2 targets with it.