Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I worked at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Sacramento covering a shift for someone. There was a new person at the store and it was pretty well known that only paying customers get to use the restrooms. Well, a homeless man came in and asked the new person if they could use the restroom. I was on my break at the time, sitting outside smoking some cigarettes and sipping on a con pana. I saw the homeless guy leave the restroom and had a feeling something shitty just happened. I needed to relieve myself, so I go into the bathroom and find poop. Smeared everywhere. This guy must have started pooping in the sink, moved mid poop over to the toilet paper dispenser, and then proceeded to take his feces and smear them on the wall.

Needless to say, I made the new person clean it up and reminded them to only give the restroom key to paying customers.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I worked at Peet's Coffee and Tea in Sacramento covering a shift for someone. There was a new person at the store and it was pretty well known that only paying customers get to use the restrooms. Well, a homeless man came in and asked the new person if they could use the restroom. I was on my break at the time, sitting outside smoking some cigarettes and sipping on a con pana. I saw the homeless guy leave the restroom and had a feeling something shitty just happened. I needed to relieve myself, so I go into the bathroom and find poop. Smeared everywhere. This guy must have started pooping in the sink, moved mid poop over to the toilet paper dispenser, and then proceeded to take his feces and smear them on the wall.

Needless to say, I made the new person clean it up and reminded them to only give the restroom key to paying customers.
    yikes, i had a friend who worked in a gym, and he opened up one morning to find a smashed window in the bathroom, and a lot of poop, everywhere. it seems someone just broke in to do that, kinda wierd :\

I've been flashed before. I've had both guys (and girls) come in sloshed and brag about how they got more than a lapdance from strippers in the stripclub across the street. I've had drunk girls have a contest to see who could best deep throat the whole jalapeno peppers we have in the salad bar. I've also had people do lines on tables in clear view and in front of other customers.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Im "working" and they are "paying"...

It's really disgusting that people can smear their shit around. It's just foul and the slight thought makes my stomach turn.

15+ Year Old Account
    I work for Australia Post doing night sort.
    So i get to see all the wondrous delights people order online like:

Dildos and other sex toys (i onced checked inside a parcel addressed to my uncle, it contained whips, chains and paddles.....).
    Marijuana and other drugs (which are so badly disguised that you can smell them from miles away).
    Oh! A parcel with its contents desribed as "Used Panties". Wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt been to Japan before.

And a few other things that i cant remember, but you get the idea.

i work in a hospital we had a patient come in the E.R. wait for a few mins then disappear to later come back on fire and she had a cardiac arrest when the fire system started

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I work for Australia Post doing night sort.
    So i get to see all the wondrous delights people order online like:

Dildos and other sex toys (i onced checked inside a parcel addressed to my uncle, it contained whips, chains and paddles.....).
    Marijuana and other drugs (which are so badly disguised that you can smell them from miles away).
    Oh! A parcel with its contents desribed as "Used Panties". Wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt been to Japan before.

And a few other things that i cant remember, but you get the idea.
    i dont know how post office's work, but are you allowed to look at peoples parcels?

Awesome thread, had some serious lols.

I had a job for about a year and a half with a small family business that was mostly retail based and did function decorations, and the owner was a complete sleeze bag. His wife was an alco, and because of that one of his two daughters was born mentally slow. He used to bring his kids to work when the wife was too drunk to look after them, he once gave me her bottle of vodka because he found a stash in the shop. It made it awkward sometimes, when she was in the shop and drunk. They used to sleep there some nights when they had earlier jobs the next morning to fufil, and once my co-worker walked in on the boss totally nude. I don't know why he didn't close the door when he knew staff would be arriving at that time, but whatever.

Being a sleaze bag, he would constantly make sexual based jokes about the staff (we were all female), and he once went as far to look down a co-worker's top and then tell her she had small tits. He made sexual innuendo's to customers, the whole thing was just cringe worthy. Besides the sexual harrassment and the wife being drunk at work, he also didn't bother to remove the dead possum from the ceiling one time. When I came in to work the store was literally full of flies. Which was great to have to clean up.

We also had a guy come in and rent a helium tank for a party, only for the cops to bring it back a week later. He commited suicide with it. That was more sad than anything though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont know how post office's work, but are you allowed to look at peoples parcels?
    If they have holes in them!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Meh..forget that.
    What did he do with the drugs?

When i was younger I used to work at McDonalds:

-Working drivethru often got asked by female customers if I wanted to have sex with them, had a guy come through with his (embarrassed looking) girlfriend, the guy looked me in the eye deadpan and goes "My girlfriend thinks you're hot and wants to know if you want to have a 3some... we dont have to touch each other or anything"

-Had an aboriginal guy come into the store at midnight off his head on drugs, sit in the dining room and started masturbating over the girls in the Cafe station. He then started screaming at them at the top of his voice until the cops came.

-Had a baseball bat swung at my head while working counter, my manager saw it, came out and grabbed the bat off the guy jumped the counter and chased him down the road.

-FYI the cleaning procedure for a kid peeing on the playland slide is bucket of hot water tipped down it and close for an hour.

I now work in retail which is in some ways worse, cleaning up spew and pee (managers at maccas used to have to do it), abusive customers that dont understand its not personally your responsibility for the amount of stuff thats sent to the store.

Once had a guy, at christmas mind you go off his face at me in the middle of the store because it took 5 mins for me to get to the front of the store so i could show him where something was because he was too lazy to go look himself.
    The other guy in my area was off sick, it was my managers day off and I was on my own, during a toy sale (my area) at christmas, I (literally) had 5 customers and 3 phone calls going at the time and this guy abused the crap out of me.
    At the end of my rope after this horrible day I turned around and said "if you shut the fuck up for 5 seconds ill show you where that thing is". His kid (probably 4 or 5) then turned around and said "Dad you're a fucking arsehole". I went out the back to chill out before I hit someone and one of the managers came into the back office "Did you just abuse a customer....AWESOME" turns out he was behind one of the registers laughing his ass off at the look on the guys face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    When i was younger I used to work at McDonalds:

-Working drivethru often got asked by female customers if I wanted to have sex with them, had a guy come through with his (embarrassed looking) girlfriend, the guy looked me in the eye deadpan and goes "My girlfriend thinks you're hot and wants to know if you want to have a 3some... we dont have to touch each other or anything"

-Had an aboriginal guy come into the store at midnight off his head on drugs, sit in the dining room and started masturbating over the girls in the Cafe station. He then started screaming at them at the top of his voice until the cops came.

-Had a baseball bat swung at my head while working counter, my manager saw it, came out and grabbed the bat off the guy jumped the counter and chased him down the road.

-FYI the cleaning procedure for a kid peeing on the playland slide is bucket of hot water tipped down it and close for an hour.

I now work in retail which is in some ways worse, cleaning up spew and pee (managers at maccas used to have to do it), abusive customers that dont understand its not personally your responsibility for the amount of stuff thats sent to the store.

Once had a guy, at christmas mind you go off his face at me in the middle of the store because it took 5 mins for me to get to the front of the store so i could show him where something was because he was too lazy to go look himself.
    The other guy in my area was off sick, it was my managers day off and I was on my own, during a toy sale (my area) at christmas, I (literally) had 5 customers and 3 phone calls going at the time and this guy abused the crap out of me.
    At the end of my rope after this horrible day I turned around and said "if you shut the fuck up for 5 seconds ill show you where that thing is". His kid (probably 4 or 5) then turned around and said "Dad you're a fucking arsehole". I went out the back to chill out before I hit someone and one of the managers came into the back office "Did you just abuse a customer....AWESOME" turns out he was behind one of the registers laughing his ass off at the look on the guys face.
    wow is all i have to say Dark, christ
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Well, hmm.. only interesting things I can think of

There's this adorable cat that always waits for me whenever I get to this certain house. Every morning it's always waiting in a few of the same areas and comes right up to me for pets. I have to shoo it off when I leave or it will follow me.. I have a cat of my own but I adore the little fella. it's so loving and seems like it would be a really loyal friend. I know it's bad to do but sometimes I will buy some wet food and give him/her some.

This very old woman who lives on a small hill always comes out to get her paper hand delivered to her. She wakes up very early, usually around 3 or 4. Anyways the first time I was on that route I saw her there and was pretty creeped out. It's fuckin scary to see an old lady standing in the dark near the doorstep of an old cottage. For some odd reason she came towards me the first day I was heading to her house. I wasn't yet towards the sidewalk and was next to the hill so she decided to walk down it and nearly killed herself. She slipped and luckily fell on her behind. I helped her up and felt like shit for a long time.. she hasn't done that since but I have had nightmares of her dying. She's actually very sweet though quite senile. she sometimes brings me out a muffin or a cup of coffee. I'll be sad the day she passes.

The time I sent $1,500 worth of parts to get heat treated when they should not have been. That got interesting. My boss was very interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I often see nipple slips with the models I work for.. D;
    Or sometimes they feel completely comfortable with stripping down in the middle of a shoot and changing into the next outfit, no bother to go into a private room or anything.

Edit-
    Also, with my other job (I work for a cosmetics stand.) I often get older women coming in and asking, "Can you make me look younger?" or something silly like that.. I am not the Fountain of Youth. :<
    Last edited by Sundae; 2011-09-15 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Added something in.

I think the picture describes my most interesting thing that I've seen at work.

Went into work one day and found this sitting on the receiving dock. Apparently someone backed into it in the parking lot.

Another interesting one was when a customer asked me where the "floor" was. It was obvious that English wasn't her first language and she really didn't mean the surface we were standing on. It took a few minutes of attempting to communicate before she said "you know, baking?" and I went "oh FLOUR!, yeah that's on aisle 4." (I've always had a hard time understanding people with thick accents)

In case you haven't figured it out, I work at a grocery store.

Sometimes I sit on top of water towers or hang from radio towers. That can be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    <Snip>
    I've got a story quite similar to this one:

My high school girlfriend worked at an ice cream shop in town. Everyday, this old man with dementia that lived in the "county home" (a state funded retirement home) three doors down from the ice cream shop would walk back and forth from the home to the local Kroger to buy bananas. Our town is pretty small (~2,000 people), so everyone had seen this guy at some point in time, we knew he had dementia and we were all pretty used to seeing him walking up and down main street.

It wasn't until I started dating my girlfriend at the time until I learned just how bad his dementia was. Apparently, it was a regular thing for him to stop into the ice cream shop and "relieve" himself. Unfortunately, it was apparent that he had completely forgotten how toilet facilities work, and the ice cream shop employees would have to clean up the bathroom at least once a week in those aprons and respirators that people use to clean up after homicides.

After a few months of this happening, the manager reluctantly (he felt bad for the old man) called the home and explained that it couldn't continue, but instead of the home making the elderly man stop, they tried to start paying the shop $50 a week to clean up after him (probably because they didn't want to alter his lifestyle)... The owner declined, however (citing sanitation concerns), and the old man never came back into the shop (come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a long time. But that story is over four years old, so he may have died...).

After hearing this story from my ex-girlfriend, I was extremely thankful that the bathroom at the grocery store where I worked at the time was for employees only.

Personally, I don't have any specific interesting stories that I can think of. I worked for my dad at the small (4 aisles) grocery store my family owns until I graduated from college (plenty of welfarians/wife beaters/etc there, but nothing specific); got a job for one of the largest insurance companies in the country as a night shift analyst, quit because I couldn't handle night shift (I slept for <3 hours a night on work nights for six months, began having panic attacks) and then found my current job as an IT Coordinator for a small bank. I run the Internet Banking division (as well as handle all other IT responsibilities), and I often get calls from people who have no business on a computer, but that's the closest thing I've got to an "interesting" story.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-09-15 at 07:23 PM.

I get to see all kinds of interesting events both at the law office and in court.

There was one case where a defendant had been arrested for holding up a bank. While I would have advised the gentleman to avail himself of a public defender, in the United States it is considered a fundamental right that the defendant is entitled to represent himself in his own defense. Witness cross-examination went something like this:

Defendant: "... And what allegedly happened next?"
    Witness 1 (the bank teller): "Well, you thrust your gun at me and screamed 'Give me all the f****** money in your stash right now!'"
    Defendant: "... I see. And what allegedly happened next?"
    Witness 1: "I screamed something like, um, 'Please don't shoot me, I'll do it!' or something like that and gave you the money."
    Defendant: "What allegedly happened after that?"
    Witness 1: "Then you turned around and ran once you had the bag in hand."
    Defendant: "... And what allegedly happened next ...?"

Witness 2 (arresting officer): "Sir, I saw you running out of the bank waving a gun."
    Defendant: "... And what allegedly happened next?"
    Witness 2: "Well, sir, I called for backup and chased after you."
    Defendant: "And what allegedly happened next?"
    Witness 2: "Um, I saw you trip, sir. So I jumped on your back and the other officer secured the gun, and you - you said ..."
    Defendant: "... What did I allegedly say?"
    Witness 2: "Sir, I - I thought I heard you say 'I'm going to slit your mother's f****** throat'."